Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon And Frame Slots

Mentosftw

They should be aquirable in-game without the need of plats.

Either as hard to get blueprints or from leveling up the player ranking (+1 slot for the first one or two levels and then needing a higher level requirement later on).

They should be aquirable in-game without the need of plats.

Either as hard to get blueprints or from leveling up the player ranking (+1 slot for the first one or two levels and then needing a higher level requirement later on).

+1

It's annoying as hell to be able to play to get everything BUT the slots to KEEP your stuff. Even charging a lot of creds for it is better than this freemium solution. If they had high monthly costs I can understand but without dedicated servers most of the platinum sales are going directly into wages and then profit for the company. Nevermind that quite a few people actually spend over a hundred bucks already even though the game isn't even out of beta. I can't see why it's a necessary platinum-only item in the shop when they are already making a bunch of cash.

Then again, this is just my opinion. If I don't like it and it keeps annoying me, I'll just quit. :)

Please understand that buying slots means only buying convinience. You do not need to have all weapons and all warframes, in fact having 2 warframes, 2 close cmbat weapons, 2 pistols and 4 main weapons is more than enough to be adaptable to any situation and in fact it unlikelly you'll ever use more than those weapons or a couple warframes which make up for you style of gameplay. You can even make multiple accounts to get all the warframes and all the weapons (it will work slightly worse for the weapons but meh) so again, you're not buying power, you're only buying convinience. Please understand that no company lives without making money, this is a very serious issue and to release a game of the quallity of this as free to play and also not being pay to win, money must come from somewhere. There will be people willing to sink quite a bit to buy quite a bit of everything, there will be people not paying for anything at all and as such not helping the company. The aim at such commodities is that everyine spends at least a very little bit to help out the company and most people will be willing to throw a few bucks at them for the conviniences. I see nothing wrong with that, in fact that is good buisness practice and if anything it should be encouraged!

No pay to win!

No pay to get the game!

No monthly subscription!

Pay for convinience!

Pay for customisation!

This is what makes good buisness practice and on that DE is doing it pretty well!

Edited by Elhazzared

No pay to win!

No pay to get the game!

No monthly subscription!

Pay for convinience!

Pay for customisation!

This is what makes good buisness practice and on that DE is doing it pretty well!

+1

The aim at such commodities is that everyine spends at least a very little bit to help out the company and most people will be willing to throw a few bucks at them for the conviniences.

And while I agree with this sentiment or theory, in application, they need to lower the cost of plat and then many more people will start buying it.

And while I agree with this sentiment or theory, in application, they need to lower the cost of plat and then many more people will start buying it.

for 5 bucks, you can buy a warframe slot, 4 weapon slots and a potatoe. Thats more than enough....

That's great if you want slots and think that investory space is in a game is worth $5, the warframe costs (besides starters) are a bit nuts though.

And all of those can be farmed from boss missions without spending a dime.

I have made all of the warframes that I got in the game so far simply by running missions.

The drop rates for those blueprints are miniscule and I've ran Hyena likely 20+ times and haven't gotten a single Loki BP. I've ran Titania a bunch of times too and managed to get just the helmet for Ash twice but none of the other parts. I'm not asking for them to be SUPER high drop rates but between the orbs flying off of the map and the ridiculous price to buy Ash, I doubt I'll ever play him at this point.

Again, buying a warframe is a commodity. I will agree that farming a warframe is a pain in the &#!, but it is none the less possible possible to obtain a warframe without paying anything (I'm sure that all the complains will make the Devs see that the drop rates are bad and they will change it) and as such to complain that the prices for the warframes is high is a bit... meh. I'd probably agree that a warframe shouldn't be more than the 9 euro pack but even then, you can get them for free, you're only buying commodity.

Now, if you buy the 9 euro pack, that means you have 170 extra creds for slots or whatever you want. That's throwing them about as much money as you would to an indie developer for their game and you can get quite a decent amount of convinience for the amount of money you're throwing their way. This can be easly done by 80% of the player database which normally is and helps the company go by. Addicionally there are a lot more people who will thorw a lot more than that, people who just say, I love this game so I'll buy a S#&$load of plat which in part will let me have everything but in part it helps the company and by consequence helps developing the game further.

Again, I have nothing but praises at DE for the buisness model on this game.

I have to admit that we get a generous amount of platinum for 5 dollars. Dumping 5 dollars on this game will earn you enough plat to stick reactors/catalysts into 3-4 things, or get tons of slots, or any combination of the two. A 10-15 dollar fee, roughly one month's worth of a typical P2P game, can get you a lot of stuff in this game, and it's stuff you get to keep even if you never spend another dime.

Really, I always worry unnecessarily about games that have overly generous business models. But the ones I'm aware of seem to do okay.

I agree that slots are merely a thing of convinience, and I agree with the fact that they only charge plats for slots.

Edited by Dancingfirefly

If buying warframes and we will use Ash (for instance) as he is one of the more expensive ones didn't require spending $30 on plat just to get him, I wouldn't have really thought it over that much. I bought loki for $5, that was reasonable. Having to spend $30 to acquire one character is crazy.

The inventory slots are not that expensive, I will agree, if you think that paying for inventory space is reasonable. I understand the game is free to play and I commend them on their work-in-progress as I am enjoying it in many ways (despite the bugs which are somewhat expected). That being said, I think they would do better (and get more money in the long run) if they charged less for the warframes and more for the reactors and catalysts. I know I would have bought Ash already if he were $5 like Loki (which I could have simply made a new account to acquire) was. I'm not being "cheap" I'm suggesting they rework their prices on certain items to garner more sales. In the end, having upwards of 50% of your player base making impulsive $5 purchase on the game is better than having 5% of your players spending $50+ in one shot and being done with it. I'm just saying, I wouldn't have mulled over it and decided against it if it were cheap like Loki was. Since it's $30 for one warframe, it turned me off completely.

How about you just use the start plat that was given to you to buy 4 slots....

I mean free to play doesnt mean free to have every last thing in the game for nothing

Yes, this exactly.

If the game means that much to you then go ahead and sacrifice $5.

you know what really &!$$es me off though? people that don't support this project. This game is self published kiddo, show your support and make a donation to the devs. You'll get plat and other goodies for your patronage. You can actually stretch your plat quite a ways too since slots are cheap to get. However, if you're going to sit there like a traditional protestor in real life with no job making no noticeable contribution to society but feel entitled to rights and privileges, then I have like zero sympathy for ya.

As stated before slots are a convenience to have and as such are considered a premium that needs to be paid for. there's no reason you cant throw down 20$ on this game to enjoy its full features. Wouldn't you say this game is worth 20$ at least? How many times have you bought some crap ps3 or xbox game from the bargin bin that wasnt anywhere near 20$ in value? And you didnt even get to try it out first in most cases...

I can understand why this is problem but yes it IS just a convenience thing. Yet a nice feature would be (since they have the Platinum -> Credit thing in the market) why not a Credit -> Platinum feature?

Actually they have removed the Platinum -> Credit products in the market

I can easily understand having a plat only option for frame slots simply because if you have managed to fill out the two slots, you're probably willing to put some money into the game. However, I think that weapon slots should have some other alternative, either crafting or credits, since they have more to do with versatility and options than anything else and can easily be filled if you are simply trying to sample as many weapon types to see which agrees with your personal playstyle the most.

I can easily understand having a plat only option for frame slots simply because if you have managed to fill out the two slots, you're probably willing to put some money into the game. However, I think that weapon slots should have some other alternative, either crafting or credits, since they have more to do with versatility and options than anything else and can easily be filled if you are simply trying to sample as many weapon types to see which agrees with your personal playstyle the most.

Well, to be fair, you could make multiple accounts and pick the same warframe to start with and have a lot of options to see which goes best with it... in theory.

Fact is right now, that an increasing number of equipment needs a certain player rank to get and you never manage that as a free player without sacrificing your old favourites even if you put all your starting plat into slots. That's why the guides I read all recommend putting your plat into slots because it's the only thing of import you cannot get, EVER, without coughing up cash. Which reminds me of the old Vitality/Redirection issue: no choice, really. Just in theory. So multiple accounts are currently not a viable option and that's okay. It's either the rank system that's not fitting in or the elephant in the room requesting your platinum. ^^

I'll probably get my opinion bombed again by a Grand Master founder, who might think I want to actually hurt the developers (which is bullcrap because I consider investing if I still play in a week or so - which might or might not be the case) but it stays the same:

If you can farm a over-a-hundred plat warframe by investing (in some cases a lot of) time, you should be able to get the slot for it by something other than investing cash. Same for weapons.

Agree or don't. It's the same to me. But don't get me wrong: I'm not crying for freebies, I'm just stating something that strikes me as really odd with the rest of their platinum shop policy. And I'm somewhat taken aback with people getting agressive just because the opinions differ. I'm trying to be constructive here! This is a subsection of the forum collecting feedback on the game for the developers. If they don't like to hear opinions of the players tending to free play, that's okay. They have the option to ignore it and I won't get angry if they do. I'm only posting because I like what they are trying to accomplish and try to offer my point of view.