Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Codex Scanner Ideas

sir_deadlock

I'd like it if when I spot something with the Codex, it would tell me how many scans I've done.
This way I won't waste scans on things I've already capped, and I'll know if there are things in the level I should be watching for.

I'd also like Steam achievements for filling up the codex, because hooray achievements.

As for making codex scanning a practical battle strategy, it'f be interesting if after scanning something with the codex scanner (as a one-time-use kind of items) it would highlight the critical hit points on the target, like what Banshee does, but only on single targets rather than AOE.

It would also be cool (and nerdy) if the codex acted like the pokedex in pokemon where if we were to scan an enemy, their stats and info would also be posted on the side of the UI depending on how many scans you have already done on the enemy. 

all good ideas

personally im for something akin to the bioshock 1/2 systems, where completing codex scan gives some kind of small bonus against that particular enemy type (bioshock bonuses were a bit much, id have them be smaller in warframe)

similarly, id have the helios sentinel give similar stacking bonuses vs anything that it has scanned in the current mission, ie more dmg, drops, crits, xp, reduced enemy armor, critical weakpoints, etc, etc, etc (this gives helios SOMETHING to make it useful long-term, which it currently LACKS)

It would also be cool (and nerdy) if the codex acted like the pokedex in pokemon where if we were to scan an enemy, their stats and info would also be posted on the side of the UI depending on how many scans you have already done on the enemy. 

Screen clutter risk?

I often describe the Codex itself as "like pokemon snap."

all good ideas

personally im for something akin to the bioshock 1/2 systems, where completing codex scan gives some kind of small bonus against that particular enemy type (bioshock bonuses were a bit much, id have them be smaller in warframe)

similarly, id have the helios sentinel give similar stacking bonuses vs anything that it has scanned in the current mission, ie more dmg, drops, crits, xp, reduced enemy armor, critical weakpoints, etc, etc, etc (this gives helios SOMETHING to make it useful long-term, which it currently LACKS)

I like the idea, but I worry about the over powerment involved.

It did occur to me to suggest something like this.

I figured if a permanent bonus applied to a full set of enemies based on prior scans, it would remove the point of Helios scanning absolutely everything, and furthermore why use the scanner at all after a point?

That's what made me think the one-time-use bonuses were a better idea.