Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Nova Plague...

(PSN)truelight4u

What the hell... I can't understand it. Why is it whenever I run any defense mission all I see is Nova! I can't take it! I feel like a plague has broken loose. The Nova virus is incurable and her molecular prime spreads like wild fire. Please, I beg you to choose another frame. Stop taking everyone's kills, stop it! 

tumblr_n484zong9B1rbpthoo1_500.gif

Edit: Am I the only one?

Want to reverse the plague? Use a frame with an instant cast AOE or a strong first skill. Next go in and just keep killing. Stalk the nova, when they use Mprime, just shoot the immediate enemy. Don't let them kill any enemies after they cast Mprime. Let them feel so useless in their 1 second of non-shooting animation, don't even give them a chance to act.

In this manner they would feel bored because all they do is press 4 and there is no satisfaction for them since everyone is just shooting for them. Make them feel so unwanted and used that they eventually just want to stop playing it to use something with more grit and speed so that they get the satisfaction of killing something.

If you can't win, just join them, make them understand how it feels to have their kills stolen and make it point that no one likes it. If all they do is waste energy in a match and you have the satisfaction of taking the kills, then don't care about that nova. She is there to be abused and used. Don't let it go the other way round, you must abuse their Mprime animation.

Edited by Jacate

doesn't have nova -> "nova is a plague! burn her!"

has nova -> "why is anyone picking on nova? it's fun!"

:V

I kill steal all you novas, i make it my duty to ensure that you never use your guns, never use anything but number 4, since that is how the frame is played, you are now all support frames.

Also if you want to survive or defend forever, i would probably be at the extract, novas are softer than paper.

Edited by Jacate

Want a mission where you almost never see a Nova? Play Nightmare Mode.

#4 is no longer a guaranteed room clearer, and 3/4 possible handicaps (No shields, draining health and draining energy) plus the massive damage boosts enemies get will wreck a frail, caster-type 'frame like Nova.

I kill steal all you novas, i make it my duty to ensure that you never use your guns, never use anything but number 4, since that is how the frame is played, you are now all support frames.

Also if you want to survive or defend forever, i would probably be at the extract, novas are softer than paper.

*Plays Nova, Has Null Star Build*

You gonna kill steal me too? Hmmmmmm?

*Plays Nova, Has Null Star Build*

You gonna kill steal me too? Hmmmmmm?

I will steal all your kills no matter how much you try to save it =P In the end the game becomes even more fun because i have a goal that forces me to work to get what i want, unlike all the others that just resign to their pathetic fates.

I will steal all your kills no matter how much you try to save it =P In the end the game becomes even more fun because i have a goal that forces me to work to get what i want, unlike all the others that just resign to their pathetic fates.

Even if I melee? :(

fNppbFo.png

I decided to run xini for some keys one day but forgot to put it on solo. I got dropped in a game and the first comment was an agressive comment in relation to my Nova and i got told to leave.

I stayed, and spammed MP (which i normally don't do) ... just to annoy him ...

Not everynow spams MP . I play the game to win, don't care about kills and if that requires me to use MP then I will, same as I will use Overload or Stomp. They are there for a reason.

I think you made a good choice, I don't understand why that player had to come off rudely to you.

(Just to say, I didn't read page 3-4-5, it seem I read everytime the same thing...)

The main problem of the nova is that one shot a room full of lvl 60 grineer bombard is possible. Beside Valkyr (But it's slower) I don't see a warframe who can do this.

For example, Mag can do the same before lvl 20-25 with range/damage Crush build but after, if it's not corpus mag is just here to stun them.(No shield = Shield polarize useless, and pull don't do a lot of damage)

Ash seem to be good for almost every level I do, but he can't kill a full room because he have a kill limit with his ult.

If you know an other warframe usefull with 40-50+ and all "species", say it because I don't see it.

Maybe the secret to break the Nova plague is to up some other warframe damage ? Or create other warframe usefull for high level enemies. (Or make more mods slot with more levels, but there will be more problem with that I think...)

I can run high levels with a Volt no problem. As a matter of fact I had to revive a Rhino, Zephyr and another Volt during a run.

Yes, because I play games to watch other people play it. It really isn't fun, especially when you are Frost, so EVERYBODY but YOU gets to go door hero, while you have to babysit

I feel your pain.

Edited by (PS4)truelight4u

Even if I melee? :(

fNppbFo.png

I would never give any of you the chance to enjoy killing XD Ok maybe i will if i am too lazy, but otherwise no =3 I kill steal nova with ember using fire ball, they are so fast and do enough damage to kill most mobs that the nova is practically wondering where all the mobs go after she just cast Mprime.

Edited by Jacate

I would never give any of you the chance to enjoy killing XD Ok maybe i will if i am too lazy, but otherwise no =3 I kill steal nova with ember using fire ball, they are so fast and do enough damage to kill most mobs that the nova is practically wondering where all the mobs go after she just cast Mprime.

What MPrime?

What MPrime?

If molecular prime? If not M prime i would just steal kills when i don't feel bad doing it. To be honest it kinda sucks when you have to lower your game because there are lower levels with bratons trying to kill stuff.

What the hell... I can't understand it. Why is it whenever I run any defense mission all I see is Nova! I can't take it! I feel like a plague has broken loose. The Nova virus is incurable and her molecular prime spreads like wild fire. Please, I beg you to choose another frame. Stop taking everyone's kills, stop it! 

tumblr_n484zong9B1rbpthoo1_500.gif

Edit: Am I the only one?

stop playing low level content and get up in levels... its awesome to see Nova stop one shotting and get absolutely plastered all over the wall because the player doesnt realize that she is a glass cannon... you can only run around for so long before you get caught

stop playing low level content and get up in levels... its awesome to see Nova stop one shotting and get absolutely plastered all over the wall because the player doesnt realize that she is a glass cannon... you can only run around for so long before you get caught

I play as long as I can. I keep running even after a player or two drop to test how long I can run for. My favorite part of running high level defense missions is when a player leaves and host migration kicks in because that's when new players come in and usually the Nova players leave.

yea, i like Nova, she can clean up a room in seconds but there is a one thing

There is no place for two Novas in one map

that's annoying... i am like '' i dare you to push that 4 ! ''

Lol...

Nova is the biggest disgrace of a mistake to ever be added to this game. And it's such a simple fix! Just remove the dang explosions from her ultimate, and suddenly, you now have a frame that has one of the most useful ults (debuffs enemies, buffs teammates), that scales into high-level stuff. Yet, it doesn't obliterate everything at lower levels. Plus, Nova already has the Antimatter Drop, why does she have two nuking abilities? It's ridiculous.

But, DE will never change her. Ever. We are forever destined to be stuck with these handful of OP frames and weapons, with the piles of useless stuff behind them. Why? Who knows. DE just seems to refuse to admit this game has broken balance, and relies on their audience making the argument of "PVEE EET KANT BEE OVERPAWERED." It's sad, and I really wish they would do one big patch of just balance. U14 the Balance Update. That would be nice.

Too bad it will never happen.

Nova is the biggest disgrace of a mistake to ever be added to this game. And it's such a simple fix! Just remove the dang explosions from her ultimate, and suddenly, you now have a frame that has one of the most useful ults (debuffs enemies, buffs teammates), that scales into high-level stuff. Yet, it doesn't obliterate everything at lower levels. Plus, Nova already has the Antimatter Drop, why does she have two nuking abilities? It's ridiculous.

But, DE will never change her. Ever. We are forever destined to be stuck with these handful of OP frames and weapons, with the piles of useless stuff behind them. Why? Who knows. DE just seems to refuse to admit this game has broken balance, and relies on their audience making the argument of "PVEE EET KANT BEE OVERPAWERED." It's sad, and I really wish they would do one big patch of just balance. U14 the Balance Update. That would be nice.

These are one of the many reasons why I left.

This games going down hill and seems to keep going down hill. Soon it'll end up like Tribes Ascend and DE bankrupt. 

yea, i like Nova, she can clean up a room in seconds but there is a one thing

There is no place for two Novas in one map

that's annoying... i am like '' i dare you to push that 4 ! ''

o.o ive been on a map with 2 other novas making the team 3/4ths nova WF. It was Warframe wars: the nova wars. Everyone wanted to spam Mprime. It was quite funny

o.o ive been on a map with 2 other novas making the team 3/4ths nova WF. It was Warframe wars: the nova wars. Everyone wanted to spam Mprime. It was quite funny

If I have Nova, and two more Nova's join, that's a sign to resign from that run.

i-quit.gif

tumblr_inline_mvimod80vR1s4mf38.gif

Edited by (PS4)truelight4u

Welcome to reality. This is completely, absolutely normal for any game that receives constant updates.

So I guess I'm alone in this?

14fd03c76d50c7b5e5a818ced5510a952af4c9dd

Edit: Nova is great frame don't get me wrong, but I just feel like people really rely on Molecular Prime a bit more then needed. 

It's an awesome attack, it slows down enemy movement and fire rate plus it means it can cascade and kill everyone nearby.  

you are the only one, because kills don't matter. your stats at the end of the mission don't matter. all that matters is did you get loot and was the mission complete.

Nova is OP in missions where any lvl 30 potato frame would still clean the floor with enemies

And in anything above she becomes a useful member but far from OP

I just dont see why she needs a nerf to m prime.... for that

At the same time

It outshines her other abilities (IMO) as a do it all at once skill that has little reason not to use

If nothing else then thats why it needs  change

But damage is just not a good enough one here