Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Healing Role Is No Longer Needed In Wf.....

cary2010haha

whats loki?? is that that.. thing that got replaced by Excalibur the moment corrupted mods came out?

Nekros is the ultimate healer...

Handles bleed procs, Bad play, kissing toxic ancients... 

and you still get to feel like a badass for not having a trinity carry you.

I have spent alot of defense missions on 22 health, with a 1100 shield mag/frame because of bleed procs, searching thro tins for those hp orbs..  Suicide heals you!

Why do you compare Excal to Loki? They have very different play styles.

Medium health restore and team mates renders the whole need for healing moot.

Bleeding/toxic damage is merely a micro-fraction of what you are trying to make it appear. I play solo T3 defense to wave 20 and used to play ODS solo up to 25-30 minute mark and never found bleeding/toxin an issue. Past that point, it is a waste of time, and I am better off just starting over.

I had to be really, really careless or lazy enough to dodge poorly, or fail to recognize or prioritize targets for HP loss to ever come anywhere close to being an issue.

When bleeding/toxic damage becomes a problem, I consider myself dead anyway. To me, that tells me to stop being bad@ninjas in space and take a break.

Relying on Nekros' gimmicks like health orbs won't take anyone very far. Why not instead rely on a solid primary weapon to mow down entire rooms before anything gets a chance to touch you. Why not fall back on his fear or his shadows when you are truly in trouble because your aim or your gun's dps was bad? Why persist in playing poorly and keep getting yourself in situations that have the potential to get you killed?

Granted, granted you have a melee weapon that does not lose effectiveness by adding life drain. I replace:

- spoiled strike, berserker, fury, point strike, or any of the 4 elemental combos for life drain? why would you ever want to trade the ability to flatten an entire room with barely some scratches on your shield for life drain that means nothing to you anyway?

Only IF, you are playing solo and can't rely on your team for revives.

Only IF, you are playing super high level missions with super low level and super bad frames, and you are super new at the game and tend to take damage and die a lot.

Then maybe life drain makes sense.

It has been a while since I actually paid any sense to my HP, which maybe, maybe sometimes gets dented for 50-80 HP.

I can only see life drain relevant if I play (as you mentioned) warframes like Ash pr Excal, solo, with sword in hand and like to get personal about things, and you do not have the rejuvenation aura.

With a good primary weapon equipped, while playing basically any frame I can think of. Welp! I really cannot find any reason why I would ever be in trouble. And if that ever happens,  10x medium team health restore and 2 seconds of sitting still. (which is dirt cheap and does not kill a mod slot for no good reason).

So, um, life steal is as good as oberon's heal, really.

Also, why not have flow on absolutely every frame, all the time?

Spoiled Strike, Pressure Point, Fury, Faction mod, three elementals and life steal. That is the build with crimson on the dakra 300% dmg plus 400% bonus you are looking at ridiculously high damage with identical healing power, sure you wil hardly need it if using properly like you stated but after i certain while playing the same mission my human performance drops due to a number of factors, which is when i will need that fast big healing.

But i feel ya. As for flow, well even though i use it on every warframe, it would be the first thing i would drop, in frames that use just a few energy and are not heavy casters, in case a super necessary mod was released. Since energy is constantly dropped by enemies and energy siphon..

Spoiled Strike, Pressure Point, Fury, Faction mod, three elementals and life steal. That is the build with crimson on the dakra 300% dmg plus 400% bonus you are looking at ridiculously high damage with identical healing power, sure you wil hardly need it if using properly like you stated but after i certain while playing the same mission my human performance drops due to a number of factors, which is when i will need that fast big healing.

But i feel ya. As for flow, well even though i use it on every warframe, it would be the first thing i would drop, in frames that use just a few energy and are not heavy casters, in case a super necessary mod was released. Since energy is constantly dropped by enemies and energy siphon..

You make a strong argument.

Do you play Pluto, all day everyday, alone? or hide behind a Rhino!?

HansJurgen you just stained your mouth with modesty. Wipe your mouth,  than tell us again how you survive only with shields against, let's say, eviscerators.

Usually if you have a good disarm loki, this is rarely an issue.

But there are times when you mess up.

But that is where team health restores come in or my maxed life strike on D Ichors (a single hit bam 213 health).

Usually if you have a good disarm loki, this is rarely an issue.

But there are times when you mess up.

But that is where team health restores come in or my maxed life strike on D Ichors (a single hit bam 213 health).

Loki is OP ... he can do alone any kind of mission. 

q.e.d.

Life Strike and Blessing seem to be the only truly efficient (if not OP) means of restoring health. Health orbs are bleh unless there's a ton of them and even then you gotta pick em all up. Equilibrium won't work if you have full energy, so you're actually required to skill spam just to get health (and again, still have to run around and grab em while being shot at) Team Restores are only good if you can afford to stand around for 30 seconds doing nothing, and even then you're gonna want the Medium-sized ones if you want to get a decent amount back (also pretty pricy material and credit-wise for items that newer players would need the most). Shields are you're only real line of defense, as armor barely makes a difference on the majority of frames. I just don't see many Oberons using Renewal at high levels, so I can't say how good it is.

Honestly I think Life Strike is the only thing that upstages Trinity and Oberon, almost all other means of healing or reducing damage are either poor or inefficient for the fast pace of the game.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

Team health restores make any kind of healing root null. Health dipping? Drop three in a row and do what you need to do. I only ever really need to use them if I'm reviving a teammate on a solar map mission/early Survival and they go down in a horde of enemies, or if I'm goofing around with melee and my swing misses a group of enemies. That, and I pop them against assassins because why not.

Except for Banshee, Banshee cant.

Heh.

Team health restores make any kind of healing root null. Health dipping? Drop three in a row and do what you need to do. I only ever really need to use them if I'm reviving a teammate on a solar map mission/early Survival and they go down in a horde of enemies, or if I'm goofing around with melee and my swing misses a group of enemies. That, and I pop them against assassins because why not.

This.

I'm amazed that Medium Team Health Restore Packs have not caught on yet. You can bind gear to a key, and these pulse once when dropped with no re-use timer. Warframe has a POTION BAR, and no one uses it or talks about it. Just absolutely boggles my mind. Even during issues, like when Blind Rage came out no one used power pots, and when slash procs were out of control no one used hp pots. 

They're made of nanospores for crying out loud. I go through these things like popcorn at the movies and actually have to FARM NANOSPORES to keep myself in supply. Leveling guns is easier and more fun with ammo pots. Leveling frames is easier and more fun with power pots. Doing difficult missions is easier with HP pots. I even used the shield pots to do Hijack during the event LOL.

No healer will mean squat to me as long as I can tap my keybind four times and get half my HP back. I would rather NOT have a potion bar and have to care about a healer, that's more/better gameplay, but DE went that way and no one is talking about it so I seriously doubt that they're going to do a 180 at this point. Maybe they'll surprise me though.

The only support I want from frames is cover and loot. We need an alternative to Nekros for looting on the fly, or for looting rare targets. Nekros is great for slow/stable gameplay like Defense, but trying to spam Desecrate while sprinting around Cambria just didn't look fun when I saw all those poor saps trying to 'farm' Tranquil Cleave.

Edited by VKhaun