Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dera

Naqel

Dera is pretty crappy as far as rifles go in Warframe, so it probably deserves some love(since I have given up hope DE will ever do a balance pass on anything that dosen't involve buffs).

Putting a maximum fusion Critical Delay on Dera reduces its firing rate to 7.2 shots per second.

At that firing rate, the weapons sounds and looks extremely awesome.

It would be lovely to have the weapon updated for a base firing rate of ~7.2 shots per second(boosting the damage accordingly).

Also: all energy weapons should get an energy based damage type.

Basically I want:

Dera:

Firing rate:  11.3 -> 7.0

Damage: 22(4.4i/16.5p/1.1s) -> 36(radiation)

+1 if you approve.

Highly recomended that you see how that looks like for yourself by slapping a maxed Critical Delay on your own Dera.

Edited by Naqel

Dera has always been bad compared to the overpowered weapons like the Soma and Latron Prime.  It's a prime example of the fact that Warframe's weapons are, in fact, not balanced according to how difficult they are to acquire.

I would like it if they dealt a composite of Heat, Radiation and Magnetic to simulate a more energy-based equivilant of Slash, Puncture and Impact respectively.  But no one seemed to like the idea.

Agreed that Dera needs a buff, considering it's clantech (even if it's easy clantech), but I feel like just reducing it's RoF only turns it into a super-accurate, recoiless Tetra (I like that gun too, aethetics-wise).

And rad damage only? The Detron, though not horrible, is sort of restricted to Grineer and Ancient Healers because of its rad-only damage. At least with puncture plus some magnetic, I can take it to corpus missions and rip through robutts (which are the most dangerous corpus enemies [and also the most fragile, but whatever]).

I just think it needs a flat damage increase. Clantech should be competing with Prime weapons given the amount of time it takes to go from a clan hall to research labs to actually researching and complete research (not that I remember what that was like, all I know these days is the agony of grinding for prime parts you don't want to trade for ones you do, because RNG doesn't want to give me what I want).

So, Ups for Dera buff, ups for it to be unique, but I don't know how you'd do that. It's pretty much a plasma boltor right now, and I sort of like it that way. I just want it to be better.

For a comparison: the Dera's damage per bullet is slightly lower than the Braton Prime (which is it still widely regarded as a balanced rifle, right?) but the Dera's higher firerate brings its "burst" DPS to approximately the same level (initial calc has the Dera ahead of the Braton Prime by 5%-ish).

With this in mind: are BOTH of the rifles in need of "balancing" then?  I believe there are many more weapons in this position, but I've only looked into a few...

Last I checked the Dera was awesome, maybe you are just modding it wrong? :x

Pretty much. One pull of the trigger and everything dies quickly, especially with punch through. I guess guns arent considered good unless they blow up half the stage as soon as you touch the trigger

Anyway, I like the Dera a lot more with lower fire rate because I dont have to be as gentle with the trigger so I dont waste all the ammo because of Shred. I wouldnt waste a mod slot on critical delay though, that's a possible +90% or more in raw damage gone to waste.

Guess its worth mentioning my Dera has like 5 forma but whatevs lol

Edited by DarkTails

Guess its worth mentioning my Dera has like 5 forma but whatevs lol

Most research weapons need at least a few formas to really shine, but then they usually become really good. It just takes a bit more effort to make them good.

Also, try Dera + Anti-matter Drop.