Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Do 0 Damage.. Need Help!

JordanFirst

Question

Hey guys.. I'm new to this game (I've been playing this game for 3-4 weeks). I'm rank 5.

Anyway I've Boltor Prime. With Serration (120% DAMAGE), Wildfire (20% Magazine Capacity, 60% Fire Damage), Vital sense (120% CRIT DAMAGE), POINT STRIKE (150% Crit CHANCE), Metal Aguer (1.4 PUNCH THROUGH), Cryo Rounds (15% Extra freeze damage), and Rifle Ammo Mutation. I used one forma on it, and as you can guess orokin catalyst.

when I do Survival Missions (+20 minutes), Defense Missions (+20 waves), Or killing bosses I do 0 damage even on ODA BOSS, VEY HEK, or captain vor take long time to die!, while my friend Rank 8, he one/ two shot him with Soma (I guess)..

1.What I'm doing wrong?

2.what best build I can have? even against heavy armor?

3. What Elemental Damage Combo should I pick?

4.what about Impact, Puncture, and Slash damage?

P.S: sorry for my English xD

12 answers to this question

You can damage Lephantis only when he exposes one of his mouths
You can damage Hek during first phases only when he removes his mask, and only shooting him in the face
You can damage Vor only when he is outside of his golden bubble

ODA boss, Vay Hek, and captain Vor have phases during the fight where they no damage.

I know ODA Boss cover himself from time to time, but even when when I shot on the red/pink thing where I can do damage it's nothing.. really like 20, 40.. 100 if I got crit. but thank you anyway. :)

You can damage Lephantis only when he exposes one of his mouths

You can damage Hek during first phases only when he removes his mask, and only shooting him in the face

You can damage Vor only when he is outside of his golden bubble

Like I said, I know this.. but still the damage isn't good enough I think.

There was a bug once (at least that was the issue with Kril and Lephantis), that while being a client you couldn't damage the boss. I thought, that that was fixed long ago, though.

Edited by Angius

2.what best build I can have? even against heavy armor?

3. What Elemental Damage Combo should I pick?

4.what about Impact, Puncture, and Slash damage?

2: Crit mods are useless on non-crit heavy weapons; Boltor Prime has almost no crit so you shouldn't mod for it. Instead mod for pure damage: Replace the Crit mods with Heavy Caliber and Split Chamber.

3. Combos are different for every faction. However for the Grineer Bosses you want Radiation and for Infested Bosses and Ancients you want Corrosive.

4. These mods are generally terrible on rifles as the mod is only 30%, and not worth it on other weapons as it increases based on that specific type, while elements add damage based on a %age of the total I+P+S damage dealt.

2: Crit mods are useless on non-crit heavy weapons; Boltor Prime has almost no crit so you shouldn't mod for it. Instead mod for pure damage: Replace the Crit mods with Heavy Caliber and Split Chamber.

3. Combos are different for every faction. However for the Grineer Bosses you want Radiation and for Infested Bosses and Ancients you want Corrosive.

4. These mods are generally terrible on rifles as the mod is only 30%, and not worth it on other weapons as it increases based on that specific type, while elements add damage based on a %age of the total I+P+S damage dealt.

Now we're talking! Thank you so much!