Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Crafting Options

(PSN)luminousvoid26

Alright, this concept would probably be annoying to implement...Im not a developer so I do not know. Basically, what if we could choose between different materials to craft weapons and have that alter the stats of the weapon. If I craft a Fragor with Oxium instead of Alloy Plates for instance it would be a lighter, faster hammer but have a weaker attack. Or for some of the more expensive weapons that you may be a bit impatient farming you could skip out on the forma and lose power to it but be able to craft it faster. Would be entirely up to you and you could end up giving each weapon a bit of a different feel and tailor it more towards your playstyle that way. Add critical chance for a reduction to speed, add better status chance for a lower attack rating, etc. Or maybe have some of it being entirely cosmetic by adding an unnecessary resource to it (a less likely addition). By that I mean if you add an extra resource maybe your weapon gets a different aesthetic item that doesn't affect stats like a thorny melee weapon or an alternate clip design. Just a few various ideas there. Could be a more fleshed out idea but I think it would be interesting.

MagiTwister You didnt got it do you? You can craft the weapon normaly to have the "Normal" design, but maybe you dont want that gorgón to reload so slowly so you could add some oxium to the mix (or some other lighter material) to increase reload speed at the cost of maybe reduced accuracy and so on. You can have the weapon as it was intended or screw around whit it to make it more unique.

I like the idea, anything that gives me more customization and it actually Works in game is good for me.

(PS4)burningwind Because the point is having fun right? maybe your set up is not the most efficient but you will be having fun and probably make some lesser weapons viable! like reducing the abismal 4 sec reload on the Vulkar and increase its Status chance :D

Maybe this is what "Gunplay 2.0" should be about instead of aura mods for them.

Weapons like the Vulkar were exactly what I had in mind with this. Increasing the lifespan of weapons that you might not normally play is a huge side though. Since mastery rank is tied to leveling weapons it would be nice if you could tailor each weapon towards your playstyle better. Already crafted weapons could be edited for a credit or resource fee. Fun, customization, and even more lifespan is what it's all about.