The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nerfing Trinity, A Dangerous Proposition

Sirogrif

So at wave 200, it's not OP, we'll just ignore the rest of the content in the game so we can all spend the next 2 hours grinding to wave 200, what an utterly moronic obtuse argument that only someone with half a brain would ever use.

CC is great, until it doesn't do a damn thing anymore, when your weapons don't inflict enough damage to kill things, enemy shots will one shot you and spamming CC powers leaves you running out of energy. Blessing renders all of it irrelevant, why do you think every time there's a high lvl T3 survival run someone will want a Trinity in the squad. 

If you chose Frost's bubble in it's current form over Blessing you're being utterly disingenuous when you bloody well know that SG doesn't last 10 seconds against a spawn at the higher lvls, whereas blessing you can dance around with no risk at all.

Are you serious?

If CC is so useless and weapons don't inflict "enough" damage. How is it that people can reach waves over 200? Hell, I can go 100 with just penta.

Hypothetically speaking you would go further on a defence map with 4 frosts than 4 trinities. Hell you could go further with 4 Nyx's or 4 Vaubans.

It goes to show how far invincibility will take you.

Invincibility is good, I'll give you that but in a game like this. Believe me, it's not better than the other top tier skills out there.

I can immobilize an entire room with One cast of Nyx Chaos. 

And you're underestimating SG even with its nerf. There was someone who recently did 231 waves of grineer def and frost was needed in order to keep the pod alive. So if you think it lasts a mere 10 seconds at those waves then clearly you haven't done high enough level content.

Are you serious?

If CC is so useless and weapons don't inflict "enough" damage. How is it that people can reach waves over 200? Hell, I can go 100 with just penta.

Hypothetically speaking you would go further on a defence map with 4 frosts than 4 trinities. Hell you could go further with 4 Nyx's or 4 Vaubans.

It goes to show how far invincibility will take you.

Invincibility is good, I'll give you that but in a game like this. Believe me, it's not better than the other top tier skills out there.

I can immobilize an entire room with One cast of Nyx Chaos. 

And you're underestimating SG even with its nerf. There was someone who recently did 231 waves of grineer def and frost was needed in order to keep the pod alive. So if you think it lasts a mere 10 seconds at those waves then clearly you haven't done high enough level content.

Hypothetically my arse. And when did I say CC was bad, you're trying to make out that CC should be nerfed if Trin's Blessing is, which frankly is dumb. Either do it, or don't go on about hypothetically. A lvl 60/70 Heavy gunner will shred Nyx's shields, and unless you're running a corrupt build just for Chaos, the power in use cap is going to gimp you badly when you hit that lvl, nor does Absorb actually allow you to act while it's in use. 

You can immobilize an entire room with Chaos, for about 12 seconds, and when you kill some, although they still shoot at you, more spawn, you get stuck with a power in use cap, and the new spawn proceeds to shred Nyx as she can't recast Chaos.

Vauban, casting multiple Bastilles, doesn't quite cut it outside of infested given the enemy will simply shoot you. Vauban's shields and armour are weak and he's not one of the faster frames. plus it's capped at 12 I believe. You damn well know that high level spawns generate more that 12, easily.

Trinity, with no corrupt mods I can hit 20 seconds on Blessing of guaranteed invulnerability. Hence, the rest of the team can roll through the entire lvl as trinity can, for all intents and purposes hide in a corner and spam blessing every wave, given it's unlimited range. Also why would you ever need more than 2 Trinities on the squad? She's not OP because 4 will make it better, she's OP because 1 makes the entire mission a walk through. Why would you want 4 you don't need it. Only 2 on T3 survival renders the entire mission a joke.

Snow Globe, is fine now, what I don't do is try and liken it to Blessing's guarantee of invulnerability, which is what you're doing, a flat out lie I might add. SG, vs 1 spawn unattended will be ripped to pieces, gone are the days of 30 second invulnerable SG spam, which is precisely the position that Blessing currently occupies.

Edited by (PS4)billy-d-squid

I have a Trinity. Played very little with her, didnt saw anything that can be abused. She is not offensive, more a support role really. Mine was not even levelled to 30 yet, and dont have a reactor. 

Now that I saw too many threads asking for nerfs, maybe I will not put the reactor on her. Maybe I will only level to 30 and then dump her. I dont known. 

But its very sad to see this community only care for nerfs on their allies warframes, never to buffs on the enemies which are so easy to kill and so repetitive and boring, and need to be turned into bullet-sponges to be a 'challenge'. 

I dont see anyone asking to put a Tetra or a Amprex in the hands of a Corpus crewman, or a Grinlok or a Marelok in the hands of a Grineer soldier. Its only NERF, NERF, NERF. 

Edited by Wolfstorm18

I have a Trinity. Played very little with her, didnt saw anything that can be abused. She is not offensive, more a support role really. Mine was not even levelled to 30 yet, and dont have a reactor. 

Now that I saw too many threads asking for nerfs, maybe I will not put the reactor on her. Maybe I will only level to 30 and then dump her. I dont known. 

But its very sad to see this community only care for nerfs on their allies warframes, never to buffs on the enemies which are so easy to kill and so repetitive and boring, and need to be turned into bullet-sponges to be a 'challenge'. 

I dont see anyone asking to put a Tetra in the hands a Corpus crewman, or a Grinlok in the hands of a Grineer soldier. Its only NERF, NERF, NERF.

Blame the devs for not being able to fix gameplay with content releases like modding.

The best means of defending oneself is having good movement and attacking habits that mitigate the amount of damage received by avoiding it entirely.  

yeah, say that when you're being swarmed in t3 by.....well everything. don't forget the ground pounds of them heavies and the almost impossible to dodge (?)  ancient run hit.

Trinity is a bit of an easy mode.......give her a cooldown between casting and end of invincibility, and i think that should be a good balance. She definitely needs the infinite range, it's one of the things that makes her so good

yeah, say that when you're being swarmed in t3 by.....well everything. don't forget the ground pounds of them heavies and the almost impossible to dodge (?)  ancient run hit.

Those things are all avoidable.  Ground pounds can be avoided by baiting them then getting back (they have a long cooldown) or by using certain ability animations that can't be overridden by knockdowns. Seriously, though, just jump away.  Ancient charges can be dodged by jumping or rolling out of the way.  And T3 swarms, don't get surrounded or just copter to safety.  Don't stand still and shoot when you aren't in a relatively safe position.  This game has a movement element that is fun and rewarding to master that people don't seem to take advantage of at all.  When things get tough and you don't have a crutch to stand on anymore you have to get creative.  It seems people would rather just have a big crutch than have to think about gameplay. I hope those are just a vocal minority.   

Edited by RealPandemonium

Hypothetically my arse. And when did I say CC was bad, you're trying to make out that CC should be nerfed if Trin's Blessing is, which frankly is dumb. Either do it, or don't go on about hypothetically. A lvl 60/70 Heavy gunner will shred Nyx's shields, and unless you're running a corrupt build just for Chaos, the power in use cap is going to gimp you badly when you hit that lvl, nor does Absorb actually allow you to act while it's in use. 

You can immobilize an entire room with Chaos, for about 12 seconds, and when you kill some, although they still shoot at you, more spawn, you get stuck with a power in use cap, and the new spawn proceeds to shred Nyx as she can't recast Chaos.

Vauban, casting multiple Bastilles, doesn't quite cut it outside of infested given the enemy will simply shoot you. Vauban's shields and armour are weak and he's not one of the faster frames. plus it's capped at 12 I believe. You damn well know that high level spawns generate more that 12, easily.

Trinity, with no corrupt mods I can hit 20 seconds on Blessing of guaranteed invulnerability. Hence, the rest of the team can roll through the entire lvl as trinity can, for all intents and purposes hide in a corner and spam blessing every wave, given it's unlimited range. Also why would you ever need more than 2 Trinities on the squad? She's not OP because 4 will make it better, she's OP because 1 makes the entire mission a walk through. Why would you want 4 you don't need it. Only 2 on T3 survival renders the entire mission a joke.

Snow Globe, is fine now, what I don't do is try and liken it to Blessing's guarantee of invulnerability, which is what you're doing, a flat out lie I might add. SG, vs 1 spawn unattended will be ripped to pieces, gone are the days of 30 second invulnerable SG spam, which is precisely the position that Blessing currently occupies.

How is it even remotely dumb? If people are dumb enough to use the "no challenge" argument then clearly CC makes this game have no challenge whatsoever, might as well overhaul the whole system and create something new. I don't even go down on level 60/70 as Nova. and 4 nyx's could take turns casting Absorb and Chaos and in a defence map, you're more worried about the pod than yourself. Trinity can't protect the pod nor has any ability to besides her use of weapons whereas all CC frames can protect the objective.

12 seconds? Did you pull that number out of your &#! or something. It can easily go for about 40 seconds and you're underestimating Absorb because it makes everyone focus their aim on you and while that's happening, you're completely immune to all damage allowing your to kill them or your absorb to actually kill them once damage is absorbed.

Bastille still has it's use outside of infested but not as much when you can simply form choke points with Vortex. At the cost of 25 energy and with an energy pool of about 465, the amount of Vortex's I can throw and keep up crucial choke points for my team to kill is a lot.

Once again you're pulling out numbers from your &#! mate. Without Corrupted mods you can only achieve a 58% increase in duration which is 15 seconds at the cost of 70 energy (assuming you're using streamline)

Exactly, two is all you will need in a proper long run because her abilities will synergise well with others. If you were to take 4 Trinities with you with no form of synergy or CC from other frames to compliment your blessing, you're not going to get very far.

This entire game is based around frame abilities and how well they go together with one another. A loki disarm and vauban bastille makes range defence simply an infested defence with enemies running to you in melee and with the efficiency of disarm, you can spam it so easily over and over rendering all range units to become melee.

If you have half a brain while playing this game, you can keep yourself alive even with a bleeding key equipped.