Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Stalker Key. Possible Proxy War Content.

LocasMaxis

So with Dark Sectors in I've been thinking about PVP in Warframe a bit. And frankly its not that great, which is to be expected in a PVE centered game. And also about possible bonuses from the proxy wars that DE has begun creating for more end game content, and possible ways to get on the stalker's good side. So I came up with this.

The Stalker Key is a Special key that can only be crafted from a special blueprint dropped by the Stalker. Its actual name should be something different. But what this key does is pure awesome. You use the key solo. Its not possible to invite people to a squad with this key. And what it does is take you to a random mission in progress that has a person with a stalker mark... And your mission is then to kill them. Simple as that but Oh so much fun. Just the idea of jumping into someones game to ruin their day and have a good challenge at the same time is awesome.

As for the rewards? Well if you manage to kill your mark, they'll drop one random mods from their equipped mods. This is not their actual equipped mod but a duplicate. They'll also drop a resource from the respective region they're in. Finally this also gains you browny points, as I like to call them, with the Stalker. And if you do manage to get on his good side he'll even give you a reward, the Dispel general ability mod. And maybe if you win him completely over he'll even give you his exclusive Stalker skin for Excalibur.

Really though. I just want to be able to have the Stalker as my best bud. And that's it mostly. Any comments and counter ideas would be awesome too.

Cool ! Before an AI was upseting people, now players too !

Really, Let the Stalker be an AI, it's better for all.

PvP in Warframe is pointless.

Yes PVP in Warframe is pointless. That doesn't mean it always will be.

Just the idea of jumping into someone's game to ruin their day sucks.

I'd rather not have people being "buddies" with the stalker. He is a hatefueled death machine. He should not be anyone's "buddy".

The proxy wars is supposed to be a system that allows a tenno to define themselves in the game world. Maybe there are some that sympathies with the Stalker and his mission. If you've read his codex entry You'll know the Tenno destroyed his entire world, maybe some Tenno feel guilt for that even if they don't remember it and want to make amends with him. I'm sorry if I made this seem as if this was purely a "I want to be Gal Pals with the Stalker". But this was an idea to add depth to the warframe world.

No.
DE stated multiple times, that Stalker will never be a playable character. It would destroy his lore as a lone avenger, who comes from Lotus knows where, because Lotus knows what reasons he has.
Besides - as you can already tell - majority of the community hates this idea.