Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Endless Exterminate

(PSN)Daikon177

We have endless survival and defense why not exterminate? I like to solo but find it hard to go very long in survival before I run out of oxygen and its not easy defending the objective by yourself not because of the enemy level but because the spawn rate on survival is too low and the health of the objective is to low in defence. Dont get me wrong there just fine in a full team but I wanna see how far I can go by myself and what level enemy I can go toe to toe with abd hold my own with out having to worry about life support or the objective dying, just me and 150+ enemies per wave seeing who can kill who first.

What you you guys think? Again im not saying anything against defense and survival there my favorite but there kinda gettin old and I enjoy exterminates but its not a challenge so why not have another endless mission type?

How often do we play things besides Defense, Mobile Defense, and Survival?  Those *are* the fun modes.  When you've got uncountable numbers of enemies coming at you is when the game is enjoyable.

(Can we get more enemies spawns in defense and survival, please?  It would be appreciated.)

How often do we play things besides Defense, Mobile Defense, and Survival?  Those *are* the fun modes.  When you've got uncountable numbers of enemies coming at you is when the game is enjoyable.

(Can we get more enemies spawns in defense and survival, please?  It would be appreciated.)

Thats what im saying, its not a new game type it an improvement to the old one.

Don't get me wrong, because I really want something like this. 

However, I doubt that DE would do this when Defense and Survivial are just more 'thought-out' versions of this.

I'm a solo guy as well, and boy do I get a kick out of doing a T3 Exterminate and walking into a room of 5 Heavy Corrupted Gunners, 3 Corrupted Ancient Healers, and 4 Fusion MOAs and only enough energy to summon 1 electric shield.

I wouldn't mind a cleansing type of game-mode where you need to purge the enemies of an entire level before you can progress to the next wave/level. The only 'objective' you have to protect is yourself/teammates. At the end of each wave you can clam a reward and gtfo

I'd be down for this. Survival without the oxygen, making up for it by actually having to, you know, SURVIVE, instead of just refilling oxygen when it gets low. Pure survival. Just keep increasing the difficulty of enemies as your time increases.

I'd be down for this. Survival without the oxygen, making up for it by actually having to, you know, SURVIVE, instead of just refilling oxygen when it gets low. Pure survival. Just keep increasing the difficulty of enemies as your time increases.

Exactly! I would rather it be waves personally that way you dont get people finding them a little hiding spot and just sitting there for hours on end collecting rewards

Basically just survival without having to worry about staying alive. No, dying is not a suitable fail parameter.

Really though, if you wanted endless enemies, play other types like sabotage or assassinate and let them trigger the alarm. You will have an unlimited number of enemies to kill and there is no time limit.

You fail the mission when you die

I like the idea mind you, though using *dying* as an excuse to fail a mission is quite weak. Keep in mind that we also have 4 revives, and you can't just forfiet cuz well it kills the reward.

In teams it can be exploited, having a loki,valkyr or trin can revive bleeding teamates easy.

just poiting out things.

Basically just survival without having to worry about staying alive. No, dying is not a suitable fail parameter.

Really though, if you wanted endless enemies, play other types like sabotage or assassinate and let them trigger the alarm. You will have an unlimited number of enemies to kill and there is no time limit.

Correct me if im wrong but they dont increase in level do they? If not theres no challenge in that

Perhaps an extreminate with an extremely high number of enemies

Itd be something more like an invasion maybe?

Kill the 400 grineer flooding your Dojo main hall

Thatd be fun

Yeah there ya go that would be fun

I like the idea mind you, though using *dying* as an excuse to fail a mission is quite weak. Keep in mind that we also have 4 revives, and you can't just forfiet cuz well it kills the reward.

In teams it can be exploited, having a loki,valkyr or trin can revive bleeding teamates easy.

just poiting out things.

I gotcha, but there will come a point to where you just cant kill enemies any more because your not doing enough damage to them, even trinity cant stop that

Uh, wow, you've never seen any survival mode outside of Warframe, have you? Warframe must be the only game you've played...

No, here's how to do pure survival. No extraction. Enemies keep coming, increase in difficulty and numbers every 5 minutes. You only have one life. When you die, that's it. When everyone dies, you're done. Your score is based on how long you survived. The starting difficulty depends on the planet. Period. That is survival.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

Uh, wow, you've never seen any survival mode outside of Warframe, have you? Warframe must be the only game you've played...

No, here's how to do pure survival. No extraction. Enemies keep coming, increase in difficulty and numbers every 5 minutes. You only have one life. When you die, that's it. When everyone dies, you're done. Your score is based on how long you survived. The starting difficulty depends on the planet. Period. That is survival.

Thank you! Yes thats what I really want but I thought changing an old game type to be close to what I want would be more likely to happen.

I would definatly love to do that right there, this is exactly the type of mission i could get into.

Edit: they'd have to make the death part NOT count toward your revive limit though.

Edited by -LTO-Malachi

This sounds amazing. Well, as long as we keep our drops.

I gotcha, but there will come a point to where you just cant kill enemies any more because your not doing enough damage to them, even trinity cant stop that

See here, we will hit another wall with this. 

Making an enemy unkillable because of level is a bad concept for difficulty. 

Ya know I can really see that being a thing once the infested return. Imagine it, your that lone tenno operative and the distraction team have all been killed and your ship has been sabotaged its just you trying to stay alive

See here, we will hit another wall with this. 

Making an enemy unkillable because of level is a bad concept for difficulty.

But thats how it already is if you can magange to get to that point. There was a team that made it to like wave 170 on pc yesterday I think it was, the enemy level was like 2700+ and I guess they were still killin stuff so I dont see that being a big issue