The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Transmute For Stances, They Said. Use All Rares They Said.

Beas7ie

TBH i have never managed to drop a single rare Stance mod since the first day. I got every rare i have righht now thanks to Transmutation. Including Gleaming talon. I transmutated it on the second day.

I have a tip for you guys. Try to use Rarest of rare mods

Like berserker, Quick thinking, rage and other Rare stance mods.

TBH i have never managed to drop a single rare Stance mod since the first day. I got every rare i have righht now thanks to Transmutation. Including Gleaming talon. I transmutated it on the second day.

Like berserker, Quick thinking, rage and other Rare stance mods.

Holy Cr&p! that's one expensive Transmutation. I'd have to kill someone to vent out the rage if RNG gave an ammo drum in exchange for them rares

EDIT: Sell them for plat and buy the stance mod you need, that way you're sure to get what mod you want and skip RNG.

Edited by H.Katsura_999

Transmutation doesn't really factor in what mods you use apart from their Rarity. Using 4 Tranquil Cleaves is just as likely to net you an Ammo Drum as using 4 Vigors, or 4 Blade Storms. It's all just luck.

Though yeah, Transmutation has a higher chance of netting you Stances it appears. Of the 17 Stance mods I have, 11 of them were acquired via Transmutation, with my very first being Crimson Dervish the day U13 came out.

I've gotten about 4 rare stance mods from transmutation.

It also cost me about 5 million credits and I don't know how many rare mods.

What I learned:

IMO, there's definitely a trick to it, but I haven't figured the tricks out.

Had I sold a tithe of those rare mods in trade instead of transmuting them I'd have had enough platinum to just buy them from trade and have some plat left over.

Needless to say I won't be bothering with Transmuting until I can uncover some more of the secrets behind it.

I've found that the best course of action is to transmute all of the same rare mod - so 4 Contagions, 4 Vital Senses. Pretty high chance of it being rare, or at least of it being something I needed (got some stances that way, worked out GREAT for me). It's not infallible, though, so keep that in mind.

EDIT: Sell them for plat and buy the stance mod you need, that way you're sure to get what mod you want and skip RNG.

I was going to sell it from 250 plat to some guy. We didnt have the required tax. We couldnt make the trade then he gave up on the idea. Yeah i could've sold it that day.

Transmutation doesn't really factor in what mods you use apart from their Rarity. 

I tried tons of combinations of rare transmutations. So far those mods combined gave me the best results. It can be complately random chance but me getting every rare stance mod from these said mods transmutation cant be coincidence. Their rarity matters afterall.

I get stuff like that fairly commonly. I'm sure they said they made it so if you put in four rares you get a rare, but there are clearly bugs with it. Maybe it's just a fairly higher chance to get a rare, but I never get an uncommon or anything - only a rare or a common. This makes me think it's a bug that still hasn't been fixed.

WTS AMMO DRUM

It's clearly rare if you need to transmute 4 rare mods for it

Taken from the in-game files:

Mod transmute(){    Mod crapMod;    do{        crapMod = randomCrap();    }while(crapMod != AMMO_DRUM);    return crapMod;}
Edited by DMan128

Compared to the value of the mods you to transmute to get a CHANCE for a stance mod, it's probably just better to sell the rare mods for plat, and then use that plat to just buy the mod outright from someone.