The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr's Turbulance: "a Double Edge Sword"

Larcetosus

First off I'm glad that DE took the liberty to fix turbulance back when it was so buggy. I heavily rely on turbulance during high level runs which is why I was pretty happy that DE finally fixed her.
But I noticed her turbulance was like a double edged sword.

I use my dread pretty often so headshots are vital in clearing high level runs with my buddies. I tend to stay still for long periods of time, sniping any enemy. Especially the heavy gunners.

Which leads to my topic today.

During turbulance, although I am not affected by incoming bullets, my sentinel would get hit by some (if not, all) incoming projectiles. Thus killing it in a matter of seconds BECAUSE my turbulance redirected some (if not, all) projectiles at it.

And I was wondering, if Ash's sentinel is invulnerable to attacks during Blade Storm, why can't Zephyrs'? :)

It's an aura, affected by range mods.

Increase the range and you'll be able to reflect projectiles for your nearby teamates.

Decrease it, and it will only protect you. And yes, the redirected projectiles may hit your teamates, including your sentinel, who's the nearest from you.

Did you really think there was no drawback for going full ranked Narrow-minded?

That's why I also equip Overextended/Stretch to compensate. And also because a minimal range Tornado is pretty useless.

First off I'm glad that DE took the liberty to fix turbulance back when it was so buggy. I heavily rely on turbulance during high level runs which is why I was pretty happy that DE finally fixed her.

But I noticed her turbulance was like a double edged sword.

I use my dread pretty often so headshots are vital in clearing high level runs with my buddies. I tend to stay still for long periods of time, sniping any enemy. Especially the heavy gunners.

Which leads to my topic today.

During turbulance, although I am not affected by incoming bullets, my sentinel would get hit by some (if not, all) incoming projectiles. Thus killing it in a matter of seconds BECAUSE my turbulance redirected some (if not, all) projectiles at it.

And I was wondering, if Ash's sentinel is invulnerable to attacks during Blade Storm, why can't Zephyrs'? :)

turbulence doesnt deflect bullets/shots, it makes anyone caught in the turbulence aura's radius to have their accuracy reduced, as such they aim for you and their lowered accuracy causes them to pretty much miss you, your sentinel however or other people can still be hit due to their inaccurate gunfire.

in fact affected enemys can still hit you, just because the enemy doesnt fire straight doesnt mean a shot aimed at your chest cant hit your feet instead.

turbulence doesnt deflect bullets/shots, it makes anyone caught in the turbulence aura's radius to have their accuracy reduced, as such they aim for you and their lowered accuracy causes them to pretty much miss you, your sentinel however or other people can still be hit due to their inaccurate gunfire.

in fact affected enemys can still hit you, just because the enemy doesnt fire straight doesnt mean a shot aimed at your chest cant hit your feet instead.

Try using Turbulence during a Corpus mission. It definitely deflects shots, unless Corpus lasers naturally arc off at an angle randomly. I think it's an aura that deflects random areas around you (Think streams of wind), that increase in size as you get more power range.

There's a noticable difference for me when I equip Overextended and Stretch against a Bombard versus not having it at all, the rocket veers off course much further away.

I'm basically invincible against Corpus, but Grineer bullets occasionally get in.

AFAIK, bullets are not considered projectiles in this game, they're hitscan. 

So you're both right: the devs had to find a way to make turbulence any effective against "projectileless" damage, by making it an accuracy reduction aura, and a deflective shield at the same time.

Which is why, even against corpus, a low range turbulence will not protect you against elite crewmen and fusion Moa's, who both have hitscan flux rifles.

It kinda sucks, when you think that blocking has exactly the same effect as turbulence, but works against any weapon, hitcan or not. You just don't see bullet/projectile trails going all over the place.

I don't understand why they didn't use the same kind of code for turbulence, no one really cares about bullet trails when faced by an army of enemies..