The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Happened To The Frost Changes?

Lady_Khaos

Overall  Frost is far from fine. Too slow for anything other than def and Avalanche got completely ruined, almost no one is playing Frost any more. 

And yet, when I don't feel like playing my Zephyr, I play Frost almost exclusively, on all content.

And I'm never the last person in the line, or the lowest kill count.

The people who can't play Frost now just haven't figured out how to play him.

You  might argue that the Globe is fine and balanced vs 'normal game' lvl30-40 enemies. "High-level" Frost gamepaly is $&*&*#(%&: just sit on the pod and spam globe every 4 seconds, fun, isn't it. 

Overall  Frost is far from fine. Too slow for anything other than def and Avalanche got completely ruined, almost no one is playing Frost any more. 

Pretty much. In fact, the problem is "worse" now, since instead of recasting Globe every so often, you're spamming it every 3 seconds to take advantage of the true invincibility.

Once again, an issue of how we have no defined 'endgame' more than anything.

My Frost doesn't seem to have any problems doing T3 Def up to wave 45. We could have gone more waves but we got bored..

Frost is fine now. Snow globe is pretty good. But agree that avalanche is kinda meh after wave 15...

Edit : I want to add that Frost is also very viable in T3 survival. Have used him successfully as snow globe acts as an immobile rhino skin when you are activating oxygen capsules or reviving someone.

10298655_10152408201487612_6840482607436

Edited by (PS4)friedricetheman

Believe it or not, I actually use Ice wave a lot now. It could be better, but I definitely won't run Frost without it.

In fact, I only use Ice Wave and Snowglobe at the moment. Freeze only for the ocassional Oxium Osprey or Corrupted Heavy Gunner, but probably not needed.

Avalanche is still lackluster imo. Warframe ultis need to go beyond the button-push -> nuke and function differently.

I still don't understand why they never removed the timer. Health and a timer? It's a terrible idea. Thought the timer removal was on the list of things to do.

I presume they don't want trolls putting up tons of snowglobes to block other player's bullets. Of course that could easily be remedied by setting a limit to many snowglobes you can have out at once, (who needs more than 3 out at a time anyway?). For example, If there was a limit of three, placing a fourth one would cause the first one to dissipate.

They may have touched Frost's abilities but they certainly didn't break new exciting grounds in Frost's gameplay. 

Fire and forget DPS abilities are the banes of Frost and his Snowglobe still funnels his role into babysitting the Cryopod,

now with an occasional Ice wave. 

I presume they don't want trolls putting up tons of snowglobes to block other player's bullets. Of course that could easily be remedied by setting a limit to many snowglobes you can have out at once, (who needs more than 3 out at a time anyway?). For example, If there was a limit of three, placing a fourth one would cause the first one to dissipate.

Yeah that was a problem but 99% of the community identified that and said exactly the same thing as you did; bring in a limit of 2-3. DE undoubtedly saw these suggestions (I too suggested it as I believe my post was on the first page, within the first ten replies) and yet again completely ignored them. If they remove the timer and bring in a limit it's clear one significant problem with the original tweaking of the Globe will be solved. Right now when using Frost you have to keep in mind both the timer and the health, that adversely affects mod builds as well. Frost doesn't have an unlimited amount of energy and his maximum energy is disgusting as well, even with maxed Flow. 

I keep saying this and I'll continue to do so; DE may 'develop' the game but we play much more than they do it and therefore understand it more than they ever will when it comes to aspects which are both relevant and important. Half of their developments are built upon our gameplay. Prime Time barely covers the time most of us have spent with this game.

Edited by Naith

I keep saying this and I'll continue to do so; DE may 'develop' the game but we play much more than they do it and therefore understand it more than they ever will when it comes to aspects which are both relevant and important. Half of their developments are built upon our gameplay. Prime Time barely covers the time most of us have spent with this game.

This is a fundamentally flawed outlook.

We only understand one aspect of the game.  We do not know the code, we do not know the synergy of functions within the game, we do not know the limits of timers and counters amidst what they already have created.

In short: we don't understand jack @(*()$ crap.  And as a software developer myself I know this to be fact.

This is a fundamentally flawed outlook.

We only understand one aspect of the game.  We do not know the code, we do not know the synergy of functions within the game, we do not know the limits of timers and counters amidst what they already have created.

In short: we don't understand jack @(*()$ crap.  And as a software developer myself I know this to be fact.

Wrong. Never referred to understanding the technical side. However, no, we understand quite a lot.

Wrong. Never referred to understanding the technical side. However, no, we understand quite a lot.

I'm afraid you state, and I quote:

aspects which are both relevant and important

The technical side is more relevant than anything unless you want a bloated, flaw-riddled, slow processing, and bug infested game that crashes anytime two functions try to make calls that weren't planned for.

Warframe doesn't even come close to some of the software and betas I've seen in those negative terms (because I know some moron will claim it already is).

I'm afraid you state, and I quote:

The technical side is more relevant than anything unless you want a bloated, flaw-riddled, slow processing, and bug infested game that crashes anytime two functions try to make calls that weren't planned for.

Warframe doesn't even come close to some of the software and betas I've seen in those negative terms (because I know some moron will claim it already is).

Again, I still didn't specify the technical side nor, in the context of this conversation, would I be. It's quite obvious what areas I'm referring to. We know what issues exist and what we generally agree what may need to be altered and introduced. Saying we don't - just because we don't perceive enough of the technical side - doesn't change that fact. Pretty sure we're aware of many bugs and flaws need to be ironed out as well, for a much smoother experience and again, generally what ones. May not know what effort it takes to introduce such fixes but that still doesn't prevent us from having a strong idea of the issue.