The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What The Hell

sedy25

My Steamapps folder is located on drive D:/ along with all my other games, I have tried manually running these games but they just come up with steam asking me to install them.

Has anything at all changed on your computer between when you were able to play them and now?  What is your C drive?

Has anything at all changed on your computer between when you were able to play them and now?  What is your C drive?

Well I did get a bluescreen, as is very normal with Windows 8.1. I've never lost any data from the death screen before though. I don't appear to have lost the games directories though.

Well I did get a bluescreen, as is very normal with Windows 8.1. I've never lost any data from the death screen before though. I don't appear to have lost the games directories though.

Bluescreens are still indicitive of some kind of error and programs being actively used can have their files corrupted, ala:

Yessir.

After you uninstall go through your drive and delete ALL Steam folders. That is what I had to end up doing, I want to believe it is a corrupted Steam folder/file causing the issue.

Utarious has the right of it.  The nice thing is that if you had Steam Cloud backup enabled, all of your save games are stored with Steam, (you can also go and manually back up your save games since they are there.  Once done, just wipe it and start over.  Your cheevos and cloud saves are all there, you just have to go through the hassle of re-downloading them.

Bluescreens are still indicitive of some kind of error and programs being actively used can have their files corrupted, ala:

Utarious has the right of it.  The nice thing is that if you had Steam Cloud backup enabled, all of your save games are stored with Steam, (you can also go and manually back up your save games since they are there.  Once done, just wipe it and start over.  Your cheevos and cloud saves are all there, you just have to go through the hassle of re-downloading them.

What I don't understand is why the games would be required to be re-installed 

Yessir.

After you uninstall go through your drive and delete ALL Steam folders. That is what I had to end up doing, I want to believe it is a corrupted Steam folder/file causing the issue.

Didn't work.

The fact that the Warframe frontend is downloading data, that means some setting get changed or some folder got moved or something like that.  If I had to take a random guess, the steam exe or shortcut got moved to someplace it wasn't previously, and even though all the game data is there, steam and all the applications think the data should be somewhere else.

If you bring up the properties of any game in steam, on one of the tabs, there will be a button that says something like Show application/game files on disk.  Click on that button and see what folder that goes to.  If the files aren't there, then something got moved and you need to move the files where they need to be.  

If you do not see this option because steam thinks the game is not installed, choose a small game to install and see what folder that install to, install and repeat the above to go to that game folder.  Then from that folder that opens up, down up one folder and see if there is a folder for every game you have installed.  If the folders aren't there, that's where they need to be, or where steam thinks they need to be now for some reason.

The only problem is that Warframe doesn't worked with Steam Backup.

Edit: Comes from my experience, it would just better if you just run Warframe directly, or so to say, convert it to non-Steam. It's easier, and you don't have to redownload it all again. The only drawback is it's off Steam; Steam won't record any achievements, gameplay, and etc.

Edited by Athros

The fact that the Warframe frontend is downloading data, that means some setting get changed or some folder got moved or something like that.  If I had to take a random guess, the steam exe or shortcut got moved to someplace it wasn't previously, and even though all the game data is there, steam and all the applications think the data should be somewhere else.

If you bring up the properties of any game in steam, on one of the tabs, there will be a button that says something like Show application/game files on disk.  Click on that button and see what folder that goes to.  If the files aren't there, then something got moved and you need to move the files where they need to be.  

If you do not see this option because steam thinks the game is not installed, choose a small game to install and see what folder that install to, install and repeat the above to go to that game folder.  Then from that folder that opens up, down up one folder and see if there is a folder for every game you have installed.  If the folders aren't there, that's where they need to be, or where steam thinks they need to be now for some reason.

Thank you guys, managed to fix it! :3

The only problem is that Warframe doesn't worked with Steam Backup.

Edit: Comes from my experience, it would just better if you just run Warframe directly, or so to say, convert it to non-Steam. It's easier, and you don't have to redownload it all again. The only drawback is it's off Steam; Steam won't record any achievements, gameplay, and etc.

I was talking about his other games that have save files.  Warframe doesn't have save files because information is saved on your account, which is stored server side on DE's end, like any MMO.

Edited by Gelkor

No, but all of the account data is stored on DE's servers. Steam Backup support would just be redundant.

I was talking about his other games that have save files.  Warframe doesn't have save files because information is saved on your account, which is stored server side on DE's end, like any MMO.

No, I don't mean the account data; I meant the game files.

No, I don't mean the account data; I meant the game files.

Steam cloud backup doesn't backup any other game files.  Your steam account lets you download all the files again anyways.  So even if it did "back up the files to the cloud" it would be the same as reinstalling the files from the Steam Library.

Steam cloud backup doesn't backup any other game files.  Your steam account lets you download all the files again anyways.  So even if it did "back up the files to the cloud" it would be the same as reinstalling the files from the Steam Library.

Now i'm getting "KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

But... Steam Backup is FOR account/save data.

Whoops, missed the Cloud part. What I meant is the Backup and Restore feature. Silly me...

Now i'm getting "KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

A BSOD again? You should try restarting Windows and do a Checkdisk. It might fix it... MIGHT, since I can't assure you the error would actually caused by corrupted data structure...

A BSOD again? You should try restarting Windows and do a Checkdisk. It might fix it... MIGHT, since I can't assure you the error would actually caused by corrupted data structure...

Yeah, and he mentioned earlier that the BSOD was "really common since he's on Windows 8.1..."

Frosty, just how often do you get BSOD?  Cause if it's pretty regular, you have bigger problems than just Steam, like Athros said.

Could be OS, more likely hardware issues and/or something else causing fatal errors.

Edited by Gelkor

Yeah, and he mentioned earlier that the BSOD was "really common since he's on Windows 8.1..."

Frosty, just how often do you get BSOD?  Cause if it's pretty regular, you have bigger problems than just Steam, like Athros said.

Atleast 4 times a day

*edit - that's on a good day

Edited by frostybe3r

Atleast 4 times a day

O.O

I like to make fun of Windows 8 as much as the next guy, but the truth is it's not that unstable.  If you are comfortable enough with it, start running diagnostics on your PC and try to fix whatever is causing the errors, otherwise, get thee to a computer repair place, stat.

Edited by Gelkor

Atleast 4 times a day

That's quite serious. Do a checkdisk, ran registry cleaner (CCleaner would do), update Windows (bear with it; it actually helps a lot in this kind of case), and update any driver that needed to be updated.

That's quite serious. Do a checkdisk, ran registry cleaner (CCleaner would do), update Windows (bear with it; it actually helps a lot in this kind of case), and update any driver that needed to be updated.

334 Registry issues, no application/windows errors found.

That's quite a lot. Clean it, and then re-run it to make sure of it.

How's the checkdisk result come out?

Will check in sec, this game seems to crash a ton though.

*EDIT - Apparently there where no errors found on the disc. 

Edited by frostybe3r

Not entirely sure how to do it on W8, This game seems to crash an absolute ton though. 

Umm...

Let me remember it...

1st Method :

- Right click on the drive you wanted to check on Computer, choose Properties.

- Go to "Tools" tab. Choose Check.

- Ignore the warning. Even if there's no need for you to scan it, scan it anyway.

This method would do if there's only light errors on the disk.

2nd Method :

- Press Win, type command, right-click on the Command Prompt, choose Run as Administrator.

- After the console popped out, type chkdsk C: /F

- Enter.

This method offers wide features, but as what it looks, text-based. : (

Umm...

Let me remember it...

1st Method :

- Right click on the drive you wanted to check on Computer, choose Properties.

- Go to "Tools" tab. Choose Check.

- Ignore the warning. Even if there's no need for you to scan it, scan it anyway.

This method would do if there's only light errors on the disk.

2nd Method :

- Press Win, type command, right-click on the Command Prompt, choose Run as Administrator.

- After the console popped out, type chkdsk C: /F

- Enter.

This method offers wide features, but as what it looks, text-based. : (

Got stuck on 59% for a while, rushed to 100%, no errors found.