Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff Status Chance Mods Already

Stingray97

I have done some game modding aaaaaand unless the Evolution engine is really horrible, it shouldn't be that hard..... 

So that's why serration/hornet strike are terrible mods that no one uses right?   What kind of scrub uses non-rare mods on his gear?

I'm learning programming atm and changing a number is fairly easy

WHY IS THIS NOT FIXED ALLREADY!!!!

Answers:

either:

1. They don't care

2. It's low priority

3. They don't have a plan yet

4. They do have a plan, and it's not time yet

Which means that either:

1. They don't care

2. It's low priority

3. They don't have a plan yet

4. They do have a plan, and it's not time yet

1. They should care.

2. It isnt that hard to do, one guy could spend no more than a few minutes to change it.

3. Its changing a number on a set of mods, there can't be much plan there.

4. Then what the hell are they waiting for to change the numbers on a few mods?

Edited by Stingray97

Oh cool. You're a video game programmer?

Which games have you worked on? What are you currently working on?

Good job showing your ignorance.

Most everyone has worked on "Using text editors: A basic skill"

Oh cool. Do you have a degree on text editors?

How many text editors have you used? What text editor are you typing right now?

I'm learning programming atm and changing a number is fairly easy, provided the code is already in place (which it obviously is in this case). All they need to do is decide what number they want. imo, they should exclude event mods from this decision because they likely wont ever be given out again and status builds need to be viable even if you dont have the event mods because maby you didn't start playing untill after the event happened.

Yeah, but how would you know if you never programmed a game?

As Archi pointed out, programing a game is not the same a programing a program, or something.

Edited by Shackram

All that's been pointed out is how some people here VASTLY overestimate how hard it is to change a few characters.

The logic that it requires extensive knowledge and experience to change the magnitude of a mod's effect is the same that it requires a professional auto-mechanic to perform a simple oil change.

Changing the numerical values of a pre-existing buff is pretty much baby's first game mod.  You litterally go to where the buff is defined, change the numbers, and click save.  Development time is measured in minutes.

The far harder task is deciding what values to use for the buff.  Fortunately for DE that shouldn't be any problem for two simple reasons.

1:  This is a beta.

2:  Nothing says that the values they pick must be written in stone.

They simply need to make a change.  Any change.  Then the community, as the beta testers, can evaluate that change.    If they overbuff it and create a balance problem, then they simply need to make another change to tone it down.   If the buff is insufficient, then they can buff it further.

The worst thing to do is let the problem stagnate.

^This, we're beta testers right, I mean unless you guys forgot already it's other jobs to give DE feedback and suggestions and of course pointless whining will get us no where but I'm getting sick and tried of people trolling other for giving feedback (unless it pointless whining then troll away).

All you've gotta do is go into the default properties of the scripts, increase the modifier, and bam. Done. No more issue.

I mean, this really isn't a hard thing to do.

I script weapons for a game, and most programming languages aren't that different from one another. This shouldn't be hard or take 5+ months to do. This is absurd.

Edited by Vaskadar