Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Loadout Randomizer Button

DJ_Redwire

Hey guys, so this is pretty self-explanatory - but how cool would it be to have a button in the arsenal that randomly selects a Warframe, Primary, Secondary, and Melee weapon from your available inventory? It's a very small thing that could be fun to play around with, and maybe even present some practical uses as well. What do you think?

does it randomize mods too? or pick from one of your existing loadouts?

I was thinking about this, but I think the best way for it to just select the item itself, and any mods that were previously installed on said Warframe and weapon would still be installed as there were before randomly selecting that Warframe or weapon. So to answer your question, not randomizing mods. 

Edited by DJ_Redwire

I was thinking about this, but I think the best way for it to just select the item itself, and any mods that were previously installed on said Warframe and weapon would still be installed as there were before randomly selecting that Warframe or weapon. So to answer your question, not randomizing mods. 

I can't imagine that it would be useful in...really any situation. But I also can't imagine it would be too tough to implement.

What would be the point? Just to try something 'different'?

I can't imagine that it would be useful in...really any situation. But I also can't imagine it would be too tough to implement.

What would be the point? Just to try something 'different'?

For the most part. Think of it as similar to the random color picker.

I dont think this is a very good idea. The whole idea behind Warframe is being a tactical ninja (or atleast, it was). That means carefully choosing your loadout before each mission. I definitely don't want my synapse/gremlins/jat kittag when I am trying to stealth a Rescue mission. 

It goes against the nature and spirit of the game.

We know what were the basis of the game, but a ninja should be using a rocked launcher, nor firing a pistol. We're far from that now. And plus, adding this should come completely optional, you don't like it, do not use it.

randomized colours too please

We already have that feature.

I dont think this is a very good idea. The whole idea behind Warframe is being a tactical ninja (or atleast, it was). That means carefully choosing your loadout before each mission. I definitely don't want my synapse/gremlins/jat kittag when I am trying to stealth a Rescue mission. 

I think you're missing the context of a small feature like this. If you know where you're going, what you're doing, and what you need for a specific mission, such as something centered around stealth, I'm not sure why you would be randomizing your load out in the first place?

This button would be in the arsenal, clearly marked, and be simply for fun. It's not like it would be randomizing your load out right before you enter a high stakes mission.

Just having a random option for a loadout doesn't sound very interesting to me, but having a daily mission or a random mission option could be fun.  It would select any warframe and any loadout and throw you in an unspecified mission type.  Basically, you're going in blind and you might even get warframes and weapons you haven't used yet.  It could be similar to the Spelunky daily challenge that assigns a certain combination of the day, and you have one shot to see how far you get with it.