Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Question About Nvidia Graphic Card ! Pls Help ! ~~~~

Hadez239

I dont know if this is the right section to ask this

So I have a Nvidia geforce310 on my loptop and IM planing to buy a New Nvidea Graphic card

and heres my question , WHAT NVIDIA GRAPHIC CARD SHOuULD I BUY ON MY LOPTOP ? I want to enable the physx effect on warframe or the PARTICLE EFFECT ! I know that my nvidea is too low to enable that effects .

For players out there hu has the partice effect , can i KNow What is ur Nvidia Graphic card to enable the physx effect .

Also ps suggest what NVIDIA should i buy ?

like Nvidia 660 ? or higher graphic card like nvidia 8600 ?

tnks for the reply ! :DD

I dont know if this is the right section to ask this

So I have a Nvidia geforce310 on my loptop and IM planing to buy a New Nvidea Graphic card

and heres my question , WHAT NVIDIA GRAPHIC CARD SHOuULD I BUY ON MY LOPTOP ? I want to enable the physx effect on warframe or the PARTICLE EFFECT ! I know that my nvidea is too low to enable that effects .

For players out there hu has the partice effect , can i KNow What is ur Nvidia Graphic card to enable the physx effect .

Also ps suggest what NVIDIA should i buy ?

like Nvidia 660 ? or higher graphic card like nvidia 8600 ?

tnks for the reply ! :DD

The 8000 and 9000 series are old cards.

The new Desktop series are 600 and 700 (800 series for Desktop is still a bit away)

The highest Laptop cards are 700 and 800 series.

To run Warframe on max settings WITH Physx ON. a 650 Ti /750 will be enough.

To run Warframe on max settings on a Laptop with Physx ON a 760M or 860M should be enough. (If the Laptop has full HD screen you will need something above the 760, 770+ should be fine in that case)

For Desktop use I can warmly recommend the 650 Ti and the 750 Ti...they both cost about the same...the 750 Ti has a tiny bit more game performance and has a really low power draw. You might be able to get the 650 Ti a bit cheaper though...so it's your choice.

Edited by Shehriazad

The 8000 and 9000 series are old cards.

The new Desktop series are 600 and 700 (800 series for Desktop is still a bit away)

The highest Laptop cards are 700 and 800 series.

To run Warframe on max settings WITH Physx ON. a 650 Ti /750 will be enough.

To run Warframe on max settings on a Laptop with Physx ON a 760M or 860M should be enough. (If the Laptop has full HD screen you will need something above the 760, 770+ should be fine in that case)

For Desktop use I can warmly recommend the 650 Ti and the 750 Ti...they both cost about the same...the 750 Ti has a tiny bit more game performance and has a really low power draw. You might be able to get the 650 Ti a bit cheaper though...so it's your choice.

oh tnks for this reply bro .

ahmm so i should buy Nvidia 860 for my loptop so that i can enable the physx effect

hmm , i was thinking how much does this Nvidia Graphic Card 860 usualy cost  ?

only one Laptop company in the world AFAIK designs Laptops with modular GPU's that can be replaced and upgraded.

there is a 99.100% chance your Laptop is not one of those, unless it was several thousand dollars when it was new.

so you're not going to be replacing the GPU in your laptop.

and even if you do have a modular GPU, have fun finding a place to buy the GPU's, i've never seen a retailer carrying them.

for reasonably current gen budget GPU's, a 750Ti or 670/760M would be good choices. 

Edit:

unless, ofcourse, you buy a new laptop that has a very high resolution screen, perhaps 1400p, 2160p, etc - which in that case, you're going to want a 780M if you plan on playing games at those resolutions. even then, it could struggle if it's a GPU intensive application. so SLI 780M's may be the way to go there.

Edited by taiiat

You won't be able to buy just a new video card for your laptop.  Laptops are not designed to have their graphics cards changed out 99% of the time.

Which means you need a complete new laptop or desktop to run games on. Save up and buy something with nvidia 750 or 850 at least, for gaming. Mobile versions are welcome as well

You won't be able to buy just a new video card for your laptop.  Laptops are not designed to have their graphics cards changed out 99% of the time.

All of these are accurate statements.  Have fun shopping for a new laptop :D

As rydian said . 99% of laptops cannot be upgraded by you , THey are either integrated cards or a a one off specialty graphics co processor that cannot be upgraded except for paying the manufacturer to do so . THe 1% of laptops that have that ability are very few and far between . and would cost and arm and a leg to buy . 

My advice is to save up and build a PC for gaming and keep your laptop as is for other things .