Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Is Why I Like Eclipse

CryoClaw

There are at least four baseless assumptions and one gross over-generalization in your post...I hope it's sarcasm, but I have a feeling you are being serious.

Nope...you are wrong on all accounts...

ALL of those were questions...

TO YOU.

Not anyone else.

Nope. With all the sarcasm and misinformation given as facts spread around, Eclipse is tarnished. 

If I was Eclipse I would go full bad guy mode. Every good conflict needs a good bad guy.

Apparently this what all humans do and believe in. A lie being told over and over again turns into a fact and rumors just makes it worst.  

All about the corporate dollar at Eclipse Co. Yes I am trolling so don't get mad but you guys did set yourself as great villains.

We were being set as villians by the community and freeloaders who doesnt know how the DS really works and why the tax system was being introduced by the DEs in the first place.

And you've removed all context found in his quotes. While trying to paint him and all who support free rails as the villains. Well played 2ply. Well played.

Actually that is how this "quote" system works...it only quotes the current statements, it will not quote a quote...

So in essence I did ONLY quote the speaker..not the previous speakers he was trying to paint in a bad light.

Nope...you are wrong on all accounts...

ALL of those were questions...

TO YOU.

Not anyone else.

I see presumptive, rhetorical, statements presented as loaded questions.

Rephrase them and I'd be happy to answer any honest question you have.

Apparently this what all humans do and believe in. A lie being told over and over again turns into a fact and rumors just makes it worst.  

We were being set as villians by the community and freeloaders who doesnt know how the DS really works and why the tax system was being introduced by the DEs in the first place.

I am not saying you aren't catching more flak than you should but seriously attacking Pluto was the most hilariously villainous thing you could have done. You are the bad guys now. There was always going to be one. You just stepped up in glorious fashion to fill the role.

If you guys weren't so arrogant, you would have already re-branded yourselves and undercut your own rails by 5% thus making yourselves heroes to the ignorant.

Seriously.... If you guys need a PR guy, and I'm available. I'll even give you a discount off my normal consulting fee.

You obviosly see things in a different way than I do.

Which is why I asked you to rephrase your questions. I'm not a telepath and I am not sure what to think when someone takes a widely known meme radically out of context by making apparently rhetorical statement about it and my character.

If I was Eclipse I would go full bad guy mode. Every good conflict needs a good bad guy.

It's not just that. What good would it bring to Eclipse if a part of the community sh*ts on them like mad anyways? The rumours about them being a bunch of arseholes and nothing else have gone beyond the limits of ridiculousness. If they start striking hard on everything they have a good reason for that: everybody just WANTS them to be the big bad evil team. For no bloody reason. Might as well decide to give them what they want in big style.

To be completely honest, I don't like high taxes as well. But it's not really clear what do taxes apply on - credits earned in the mission or the whole credit amount plus the starting reward base? Also, why would I be bothered if they are asking for NO TAXES ON RESOURCES? That means every single Orokin Cell (or insert any other rare resource in its place) is ours to keep. A little sacrifice can be made, since it doesn't impact that much.

Things are simple: keep hating Eclipse if you wish. I honestly don't care about them, about those who support them, or those who go against them. But if they start going full aggressive, just know that you called it.

And yeah, wish I had known earlier about that huge battle pay. Cannot refuse a whooping 60K credits PER MISSION.

Edited by Vintovka

That only works when it's actually a lie. Eclipse loves to play victim.

If you guys weren't so arrogant, you would have already re-branded yourselves and undercut your own rails by 5% thus making yourselves heroes to the ignorant.

Seriously.... If you guys need a PR guy, and I'm available. I'll even give you a discount off my normal consulting fee.

1) Trust me, with all the hate threads that have been created by haters, a 5% reduction will make no difference. There are people who wants everything for free and given to them whenever they want it.

2) We don need a PR guy.

Nobody here is saying all rails should be free. They're saying that Eclipse's taxes are really high compared to what the market considers fair.

There is a massive difference between what the general mass of players, 99% of who don't know their A******s from a hole in the ground, think is a fair value for something and the actual value that the market considers 'fair' for something. 

The market is still settling. There is just people trying different things and seeing what works. There is no fair in economics. There is simply what the market will bear. The question that has yet to be answered when we look at these things is simply 'How many people will run the DS with x% of tax?'. That is the single thing that matters. Eclipse aren't a charity. They want to get something out of all this. So they have no reason to drop tax just because the boohooers don't think it's fair. 

Pouting is not the same as market forces. If eclipse ever push that tax too high and people go elsewhere or just drop out of running DS all together I'm certain they'll change their tax levels really fast. They are here for the long haul - That means they have to make sure they don't just accidentally bankrupt themselves (which when we're talking about 15mil per time isn't like outside the realm of possibility). Anyone offering lower taxes either hasn't thought it through or is incredibly optimistic.

One final time - Just because you don't think something is fair doesn't mean the market agree. I don't think it's fair that I gotta pay $6 for decent cup of coffee, but that's just the way that things are. 

If you want the market to work based on what's fair as opposed to whats logical then that'd make you a communist. And historically that world view has not been successful. 

1) Trust me, with all the hate threads that have been created by haters, a 5% reduction will make no difference. There are people who wants everything for free and given to them whenever they want it.

A 25% reduction might help.

As for people wanting everything for free, what about Eclipse and the 25% cut they want for me to run the Dark Sector accessed by the Rail they hold? Is Eclipse going to run my missions for me? If not, then it's you who want something for free. The supporters of free rails simply what their fair earnings for the missions they complete.

2) We don need a PR guy.

I am positive your opponents find your current PR campaign most helpful.

As for people wanting everything for free, what about Eclipse and the 25% cut they want for me to run the Dark Sector accessed by the Rail they hold? Is Eclipse going to run my missions for me? If not, then it's you who want something for free. The supporters of free rails simply what their fair earnings for the missions they complete.

I am positive your opponents find your current PR campaign most helpful.

1)

When our rails were 0% like what we wanted them to be, we were being attacked back-to-back for from the beginning.

When we raised tax to 10%, to cope with the attacks on the rails and battlepay that we give out, people start complaining that we do not keep our promise and we still get attacked continuously.

When we raised it to 25% tax and giving out battlepays of 50k for 1000tickets, people claim we are cheating players by giving out fake number of tickets when it is because these clowns choose to play through the mission slowly and hoping they get to farm the new mods and the tickets just depleted because of people doing speed runs.

2)

Like i previously said, this is a positive thread, bring your hate S#&$ elsewhere

1)

When our rails were 0% like what we wanted them to be, we were being attacked back-to-back for from the beginning.

When we raised tax to 10%, to cope with the attacks on the rails and battlepay that we give out, people start complaining that we do not keep our promise and we still get attacked continuously.

When we raised it to 25% tax and giving out battlepays of 50k for 1000tickets, people claim we are cheating players by giving out fake number of tickets when it is because these clowns choose to play through the mission slowly and hoping they get to farm the new mods and the tickets just depleted because of people doing speed runs.

2)

Like i previously said, this is a positive thread, bring your hate S#&$ elsewhere

So you started with the best of intentions but slowly became the evil empire out of the pride born of controlling the rails. I like a good villain back story.

You must be blind to not have noticed the horde of 0% rails vs 0% rails in the beginning days of DS. No matter the reason people will keep attacking unless there is enough space such that war chests are not required to be tapped into daily. Of course since you can't figure out what service Eclipse is offering (services rather) perhaps selective blindness for your propaganda is also good too.

You must be blind to not have noticed the horde of 0% rails vs 0% rails in the beginning days of DS. No matter the reason people will keep attacking unless there is enough space such that war chests are not required to be tapped into daily. Of course since you can't figure out what service Eclipse is offering (services rather) perhaps selective blindness for your propaganda is also good too.

It's a "service" other Alliances offer for much less.

So you started with the best of intentions but slowly became the evil empire out of the pride born of controlling the rails. I like a good villain back story.

I believe it is all part of human nature to actually protect what we own and to oppress aggressors from taking it from us.