The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestions To Make Excalibur The Melee Frame He's Supposed To Be

Deidaku

besides radial blind, i see 0 potential in excalibur

well if they ever do fix Excalibur not (nerf him like frost) then more people might use him but I doubt they will as hes a old frame but I could be wrong

Ok, so here are a couple things I've noticed people posting, and want myself.

Slash dash definitely needs to add to the combo counter. The combo counter should also provide additional slash dash damage via the multiplier, like it would with a melee weapon. Slash dash should also inherit the melee weapon's elements. This would bring Excalibur back to being the poster-boy of Warframe, and drastically improve his scalability into late game.

Radial Blind should have a sword of light hoisted up into the air (by excalibur's hand), and shatter, leaving a bright flash of light. It should last a wee bit longer, too.

Super jump should increase the range of Radial Blind (this plays off the idea that super jump should lead into combo powers), while it's active. Should also be usable while airborne, aka double-jumping.

Radial Javelin's skana placeholders should be completely replaced and be replaced with javelins of light. They should have 8m worth of punch through. They should also ragdoll enemies that are hit by the javelins. While super jump is active and Radial Javelin is activated, it should have a downward conical effect, or a spherical effect, hitting targets below and around him. Power Strength should increase the number of Javelins, too.

Edited by Vaskadar

Ok, so here are a couple things I've noticed people posting, and want myself.

Slash dash definitely needs to add to the combo counter. The combo counter should also provide additional slash dash damage via the multiplier, like it would with a melee weapon. Slash dash should also inherit the melee weapon's elements. This would bring Excalibur back to being the poster-boy of Warframe, and drastically improve his scalability into late game.

Radial Blind should have a sword of light hoisted up into the air (by excalibur's hand), and shatter, leaving a bright flash of light. It should last a wee bit longer, too.

Super jump should increase the range of Radial Blind (this plays off the idea that super jump should lead into combo powers), while it's active.

Radial Javelin's skana placeholders should be completely replaced and be replaced with javelins of light. They should have 8m worth of punch through. They should also ragdoll enemies that are hit by the javelins. While super jump is active and Radial Javelin is activated, it should have a downward conical effect, or a spherical effect, hitting targets below and around him. Power Strength should increase the number of Javelins, too.

I agree with everything except super jump.

The skill itself needs some tweaking . It should be usable as 

> a double jump , and wall jump.  And move more forward

I agree with everything except super jump.

The skill itself needs some tweaking . It should be usable as 

> a double jump , and wall jump.  And move more forward

While wall-running, you can actually use Super Jump at this point. If you were to be wall-running lengthways, using super jump currently would send you catapulting upwards, though it'd be nice if it could launch you further in the direction you were wallrunning. This would make him exceptional for parkour.

I also edited my previous post a bit to include the double-jump.

Edited by Vaskadar

While wall-running, you can actually use Super Jump at this point. If you were to be wall-running lengthways, using super jump currently would send you catapulting upwards, though it'd be nice if it could launch you further in the direction you were wallrunning. This would make him exceptional for parkour.

I also edited my previous post a bit to include the double-jump.

Oooh nice :O

better try this out

Excal is fine except for the irrelevance of his 4.  He needs a damaging ragdoll on 4 to reward smart usage with damage and CC.  The cast animation also needs fixing, of course.  Everything else is fixing what isn't broken. Slashdash could be wider or have a better proc chance (it would be cool if it froze your melee combo count for a few seconds so you could maintain combo,) but 2 is already a fantastic skill and 3 is one of the best skills, giving him awesome mobility for no energy cost (assuming FE and ES.)