The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How About Cosmetic For Existing Powers?

0zryel

I don’t know if this been mention before, if it has a Community Manager can please move this to support the existing post…Anyway here goes:

I have and still play many MMO games and read even more from them than I actually play them and as I was going through the game I saw the Easter Eggs and the Corpus bunny ears, which was hilarious…

SO I thought it be great that just as we have cosmetics for warframes energy color (looking forward to the *BLACK energy* color DE :D) different skins and accessories for almost everything…

HOW about cosmetic for existing powers??

For example:

I saw the Hydroid in action the other day… In Hallowing we could have his water look like BLOOD… or have it look like different colored INK depending of the energy color chosen…etc…

What if Nekros “Shadows of the DEAD” power had a cosmetic that makes all look like skeletons of existing enemies of course MOAs, quadruples and flying unites would have their unique skeletal animation… or make them look like the translucent ghost with ghostly fire around it… or just all of the above, its color base on the energy you have etc…

Rhino IRON SKIN FX makes him look more like a Demon or spike monster etc…

This goes without saying if you like to add Warframe and weapon skins to match this cosmetics as market Bundle, as a seasonal thing or maybe even as FACTION skin thing (Ever wanted to look more like a CORPUS, GRINEER, INFECTED or even as the STALKER with its SHADOWY AURA not only in color but in SKIN Texture itself?) I mean after a while warframes who do this missions of this Factions would be wearing them like trophy’s on them, it be a sign of who is your favorite faction to fight for or fight against is, no?

This could be an only exclusive market thing, an unlockable or even a research Dojo thing... And if the Specters in the DARK SECTOR conflicts get an upgrade in the future to reflect the player’s unique looks and powers to accurately represent that player it will definitely be a MUST have as most don’t even remember the name specially if all specters look generic… BUT they will remember how they look and how they attacked won’t they?

Just think about it DE and keep up the awesome work as this game is getting better and better with each Update! Thank you for reading! :)

Edited by Ngeluz

...No thanks, they still need to work on the default visuals of all the powers. Some of them are ridiculously unrealistic. 

The game never was very realistic, when would you ever see zombie dog things chasing you in real life? When would you see some lady make everything explode within a second?!

Thank you for your opinion Jamescell but I disagree with you. As the default visuals of all the powers is work on this opens up to the possibility of this suggestion.

This should not be a priority but it is good for later consideration and implementation as marketing incentive. As everyone that has the same Warframe as other Players wishes it to have its own personal touches. This suggestion is simply to increase the already large existing cosmetics.

Also I totally agree with Xicio. Hilarious as it was his comment  this game is far from being realistic or have you forgoten the Spearmint Scythe or the Phased Skins skins promotions cosmetics?

Edited by Ngeluz

The trouble with skins and cosmetics that change what things look like entirely, is that they require an entirely new thing be made. If the animators and artists are faster than the devs at adding new things, then sure, go for it. But there's no reason to make entirely new frames or weapons wait in line while they make cosmetics for existing items.

I think the best place to push would be metallic / glowing colors on color pallets. I've seen dev/artist comments that say it's POSSIBLE but would take quite some doing. If they happened, you would have a lot of automatic customization just in the form of those colors. Hydroid was your example. If we had metallic and glowing colors, he could be made into glowing green toxic ooze or he could be made into liquid metal without actually having to make a new power graphic. This would also apply to every skill and weapon in the game all in one go, not just Hydroid.

Edited by VKhaun