The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Uses For Credits? Guns For Credits? Free Forma?

Brumafriend

He, and most of us, are not entirely sure that you are aware that you can buy tons of weapon blueprints for varying amounts of credits in the marketplace.

Also, MK1 - Braton is just terrible.

I do realise that blueprints can be bought and I find it clever how to make the weapons you need to play games, it's good way to get regular players, however what I mean to say is that not enough items can simply be bought and in general the dependancy on platinum is too great. (In my opinion)

Also, if modified and used well the MK1-Braton is relatively good. The reason it may be considered as bad is because compared to other weapons it's not as efficient.

I would like to address the fact that lots of things depend on platinum and not just the weapons available for credits, although I appreciate all of the feedback.

i agree with the OP, there should be a few more guns/melee weapons available to outright purchase with credits. i think it would help some new players to stay interested.

blueprints are only really viable after you have made it to i think 4-5 planets to be able to get all of the resources, so early players are stuck with fairly crappy things until then. Now im not really complaining here, because i bought blueprints and made weapons and thought it was fun, but i have a few friends that started playing and hated the Mk1. i let them know that they would get good stuff soon enough, but its a fairly long grind, just to get a planet to get the resources for the weapon, and then you gotta wait while it gets pounded out at the foundry.  :)

the point im trying to make is that more newcomers might stick around if they had a few gun options to buy and try out.

/cut

You're making the same mistake a friend of mine is doing.

You're already looking towards the late-game when you haven't really even passed the early-game phase of Warframe.

In this thread you're concerned about resource requirements for weapons and the fact that you can't directly buy them with credits.

In your other thread you're concerned about the "impossibility" to reach Mastery Rank 15 with currently available gear.

I've been playing this game since the end of closed beta and i'm still Rank 10. I do have all Warframes(including Primes), but i'm in no rush to get and quickly craft every weapon. There's no point. This is an MMO game, it can never truly be "completed".

Forcing yourself to rank up and use weapons you don't even conceptually like also makes no sense.

Past Rank 8, you don't even get anything else unlocked anyway.

This is primarily a coop game. You can play it solo and DE offers the option for it, but the base design is mostly coop. If you want to make effective progress, join/make a clan.

While you won't benefit directly from it, you'll coordinate for missions easier that way. You'll run your own missions and also help clanmates run theirs. In no time you will amass a bunch of resources of all kinds. As for credits, you can always use them for mod fusing, transmutation or simply donations to your clan vault.

You're thinking about the stuff you want to get before you really cleared the conditions to get it - unlocking most of the map nodes to access all available Alert, Invasion and Event missions, getting Void and Derelict keys for runs. That's how you get most of the stuff you need.

Take one step at a time. Join a clan. It'll be much more fun.

Edited by Yurilica

Then how, pray tell, would new clans build their dojos? Forma is a rather crucial resource in construction, after all.

i said to add forma into orokin lab

forma still comes from void, we just dont know how to recreate it

so we use clan tech duh

Well, I do think that the Latron should be credit-purchasable again, mainly because I feel the Braton, Strun, and Latron are the three weapons that should be easily accessible to new players. Otherwise I'm not sure, I know the point of a lot of them having blueprints is so that new players can learn how to craft stuff, but perhaps the bottom-tier Tenno weapons should be credit-purchasable just so players can get a taste of the different weapon types (besides it's our weapons, doesn't make much sense that we don't have any of our own stuff on hand).

You're making the same mistake a friend of mine is doing.

You're already looking towards the late-game when you haven't really even passed the early-game phase of Warframe.

In this thread you're concerned about resource requirements for weapons and the fact that you can't directly buy them with credits.

In your other thread you're concerned about the "impossibility" to reach Mastery Rank 15 with currently available gear.

I've been playing this game since the end of closed beta and i'm still Rank 10. I do have all Warframes(including Primes), but i'm in no rush to get and quickly craft every weapon. There's no point. This is an MMO game, it can never truly be "completed".

Forcing yourself to rank up and use weapons you don't even conceptually like also makes no sense.

Past Rank 8, you don't even get anything else unlocked anyway.

This is primarily a coop game. You can play it solo and DE offers the option for it, but the base design is mostly coop. If you want to make effective progress, join/make a clan.

While you won't benefit directly from it, you'll coordinate for missions easier that way. You'll run your own missions and also help clanmates run theirs. In no time you will amass a bunch of resources of all kinds. As for credits, you can always use them for mod fusing, transmutation or simply donations to your clan vault.

You're thinking about the stuff you want to get before you really cleared the conditions to get it - unlocking most of the map nodes to access all available Alert, Invasion and Event missions, getting Void and Derelict keys for runs. That's how you get most of the stuff you need.

Take one step at a time. Join a clan. It'll be much more fun.

I never said anything about not being able to complete the game...

Also, I am in a clan.

What I'm very much trying to address is the fact that, as (PS4)Octus said, is that new members want to be able to get new guns without having to play for a while in order to get them. New players will be prepared to play to high levels to get weapons but they will find it hard if the only weapons they can get to start with are okay but not quite up to standard. After using a good weapon it would improve their decision upon if they want to spend money on platinum. It's merely a suggestion to add more guns that can be 100% bought by credits, even if they cost a lot it will be better than nothing.

Also,

Well, I do think that the Latron should be credit-purchasable again, mainly because I feel the Braton, Strun, and Latron are the three weapons that should be easily accessible to new players. Otherwise I'm not sure, I know the point of a lot of them having blueprints is so that new players can learn how to craft stuff, but perhaps the bottom-tier Tenno weapons should be credit-purchasable just so players can get a taste of the different weapon types (besides it's our weapons, doesn't make much sense that we don't have any of our own stuff on hand).

I completely agree.

Edited by Brumafriend

Guys, I like all of your feedback and it is very interesting, but what I'm referring to is the lack of guns that can be bought with credits. This does not include crafting.

Latron and a few other guns used to be credits-only too, then at some point DE decided that next to no guns should be easy to get

Latron and a few other guns used to be credits-only too, then at some point DE decided that next to no guns should be easy to get

I agree. Unfortunately, they may not have realised that some people can't live without getting a good gun at the start and, in my opinion, that is understandable.

Edited by Brumafriend

You are treating resources and credits into separated stuff, both are actually the same currency point being divided into specific types and use. But they are essentially still the same currency used to obtain items. In practice it may looked different, but in concept there are no difference at all. It's still the same process of "gather till you have enough then spend it"

I understand what you're getting at and it's true that the principles are the same in both however, you can't be right due to the simple fact that they are different things.

New players join Warframe and want to get good guns to have more fun. In order to get the best guns they must play missions. However, playing these missions (to get the good guns) is increasingly difficult due to the fact that they need a relatively good gun to complete the missions properly to maximise the chance of getting certain resources and, due to the fact that it is so difficult, some people will simply stop playing or play less than they usually would.

Perhaps adding guns that can be 100% bought (not crafted) in the shop would be an idea. Of course, taking away blueprints would be taking away something that characterises the game itself. Perhaps the only option would be to place these guns at higher prices. But then again, new players might think it too hard to get enough credits. The discussion here goes both ways but ultimately, I think that the reliability on platinum is too strong.

I have been told that it's possible to get Forma keys for no platinum by doing Void missions. However, void missions are rare to unlock and often have to be bought for platinum which actually costs more than just buying a Forma Key, and when a void mission is unlocked it only gives the player one Forma which, for a good clan dojo, is just simply not enough.

I would like to thank you for all the feedback and please be reminded that I am not trying to start an argument but I would appreciate a little bit of discussion, with no offence involved. :)

Edited by Brumafriend

I have been told that it's possible to get Forma keys for no platinum by doing Void missions. However, void missions are rare to unlock and often have to be bought for platinum ...

They have made it even easier to get void keys than it already was with the latest patch.

• Changes to Defense Mission Key Rewards.

T1 Keys can now be found at Wave 15 in 'easy' missions (Enemy Level 0 - 10).

T2 Keys can now be found at Wave 15 in 'medium' missions (Enemy Level 10-20).

T3 Keys can now be found at Wave 15 in 'hard' missions (Enemy Level 20+).

Get a group of 4 and farm away. 4 people to wave 15 in one defence mission is 4 void keys, giving those same people 4 void missions to do together.

They have made it even easier to get void keys than it already was with the latest patch.

• Changes to Defense Mission Key Rewards.

T1 Keys can now be found at Wave 15 in 'easy' missions (Enemy Level 0 - 10).

T2 Keys can now be found at Wave 15 in 'medium' missions (Enemy Level 10-20).

T3 Keys can now be found at Wave 15 in 'hard' missions (Enemy Level 20+).

Get a group of 4 and farm away. 4 people to wave 15 in one defence mission is 4 void keys, giving those same people 4 void missions to do together.

I did get some forma but after a long time of playing. Forma is very hard to get without buying it with platinum. That is a fact.

Edited by Brumafriend

The only thing I think should be added in to be bought by credits is a melee weapon. New players can buy a few other primaries and secondaries, but there is no melee weapon that can be bought by credits. They do get the cronus quite early on that is built with resources from Mercury, but that is just another sword and it is not credit only (even though it is easy to make).

I did get some forma but after a long time of playing. Forma is very hard to get without buying it with platinum. That is a fact.

How long is a long time?

You might also try Orokin Derelict Defence. These are mind numbingly easy to level 30 for a solo player with a penta and some basic CC and have a good chance of a forma blueprint. Four lower level players should do well enough as you can find good shelter from damage if you need to. This is where I get a lot of mine.

You only need one Forma BP every 24 Hrs as that's how long it takes to craft them.

I have a months worth of Forma to craft.. I'm always out of credits but even more so I'm always starving for mods/cores to use in fusion. :x  A couple more options for new players wouldn't hurt but the foundry is one of the pillars of the game so it can't/shouldn't be bypassed by a relatively powerful weapon available just for credits.

I have a months worth of Forma to craft.. I'm always out of credits but even more so I'm always starving for mods/cores to use in fusion. :x  A couple more options for new players wouldn't hurt but the foundry is one of the pillars of the game so it can't/shouldn't be bypassed by a relatively powerful weapon available just for credits.

I couldn't agree more, I am merely suggesting more (not all) weapons to be available for credits.

I think you should be allowed to buy weapon slots with credits. I have had to sell my cernos,obex,strun,magnus just to name a few

Precisely. Getting back to topic, I (personally) think the only gun worth getting on the Market is Braton and for secondary, Lex or Sicarus. I can't remember if Aklex is credits. They really should include more stuff. Especially Tenno weapons. We are running low on our own Tenno culture and diversity.