The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Solve The Change From Stat Helmets To Non-Stat Helmets Without Penalizing New Players

Xarteros

I posted my revision just as you posted. A problem is that with some Warframes, this stacking can be taken to insane levels. So when Loki Prime comes out and gets speed on Arcane and Orokin cores, and uses Rush mod, we may see some serious glitches.

Easy:

Cap.

Energy efficiency is already capped at 75%, why not cap speed bonuses and other stuff as well, within regions that would be 'overpowered'. Keep in mind, I'm still not even sure I like the idea of swapping Prime stat bonuses at all. I think the stats ought to be reflective of the warframe (With a bonus to counter a weakness that the normal frame has, to make them more 'Prime'). If that's the case, swapping the bonuses wouldn't make sense, and would just lead to minmaxing

Easy:

Cap.

Energy efficiency is already capped at 75%, why not cap speed bonuses and other stuff as well, within regions that would be 'overpowered'. Keep in mind, I'm still not even sure I like the idea of swapping Prime stat bonuses at all. I think the stats ought to be reflective of the warframe (With a bonus to counter a weakness that the normal frame has, to make them more 'Prime'). If that's the case, swapping the bonuses wouldn't make sense, and would just lead to minmaxing

Just what I was thinking of posting here when I got back. Yeah, a cap. Just about where Loki/Vanguard Rhino Prime + maxed Rush would take you up to. Or higher, still safe limit.

Also, the Prime bonuses may not focus on a weakness of the current warframe. Or may--we only have 2 different primes at all as of now. Excaliber Prime's shield regeneration was never his weakness. Yes, speed was Rhino's weakness, but the already existing Vanguard helmet definitely buffed him past his weakness, with high surplus speed to boost. I just think the Prime focusing on the same speed problem to stack so high was the imbalanced factor.

Which leads to another question: if a warframe already has a helmet designed to cover a weakness, would the prime also have the same buff? Should they be stackable?

Just what I was thinking of posting here when I got back. Yeah, a cap. Just about where Loki/Vanguard Rhino Prime + maxed Rush would take you up to. Or higher, still safe limit.

Also, the Prime bonuses may not focus on a weakness of the current warframe. Or may--we only have 2 different primes at all as of now. Excaliber Prime's shield regeneration was never his weakness. Yes, speed was Rhino's weakness, but the already existing Vanguard helmet definitely buffed him past his weakness, with high surplus speed to boost. I just think the Prime focusing on the same speed problem to stack so high was the imbalanced factor.

Which leads to another question: if a warframe already has a helmet designed to cover a weakness, would the prime also have the same buff? Should they be stackable?

Well, I don't think Excalibur Prime's bonus suits anything, it's why I said they ought to be designed as either an improvement on their strength (min-maxing a little) or an improvement on their weakness (just in general, making them better than their original counterpart).

I don't really see the helmets being designed to counter weaknesses, too many of them are random and/or terrible. Rhino's Vanguard definitely seemed a bit more targeted, but if you had the choice of any Arcane Seal, you might not always choose the speed. Personally, I'd rather min-max, because I like having a clear weakness and a strength, rather than less of either. I'd prefer to bring Range or Damage for Rhino Prime, instead of speed, regardless of his inherent Orokin buff. 

So to answer that question: Yes, any of the bonuses should stack. The bonuses need to be tweaked a little, and frankly I think some of them need overall changes. Is anyone really going to use the Vauban Gambit bonus, trading 10% power duration for a pathetic 10% stamina? The bonuses need to be equalized, and if they get limited in number a bit, then that's ok with me. They either need to make them structured by rarity (rare seals give better bonuses and/or penalties) or make them more formulaic (all bonuses to X stat are 25%, bonuses to Y stat are 15% etc). 

This thread is at least constructive. Nothing yet has been said about what they will be doing beyond the helmet changes.

Design basics dictate that there is a follow-up. It drives community engagement. However, this information is limited; they want to drive some attention to the current helmets, before new changes roll down the line.

All for this idea, 100% hopefully they do this but I can see it taking a bit to put in or work into the system. So hopefully they see this idea and add it to the to do list but for now leaving stats on helmets.