The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boxy Skin For Torid/ogris?

The_Sharp_Demonologist

WHit the New torid already out and the new Ogris on the way im glad my infested launcher finally matches the disgusting infested nature of my Oberón (I LOOOOVE my infested palette) but there is a part of my heart that still miss the boxy design. Would be cool if we could get it as a skin.

Maybe those who have the Torid/Ogris already at the time of change you get both the new design and the old as an optional skin.

Just a though i would love to use the Boxy torid every now and then, for the lols and for science, you monster.

Edited by The_Sharp_Demonologist

Methanoid people underestimate it cause its not the one shot kill like Soma or Penta. Maybe because you actually have to think to use this weapon.

I consider the Torid as one of the best launchers in the game since you can now stick the grenades to your foes, pretty fun to watch an ancient walking down a hallway full of infested only to for them to die by the cloud damage. People just need to open their minds and see the how efficient it can be.

Methanoid probably only plays infinite content where only a handful of guns matter after the first 20 minutes.  

pretty much live in survival/defence yeah, but thats kind of a forced issue given that i have nothing left to actually do atm, if theres no endgame (technically theres little to no game at all when youve "finished"), you have to make your own, its either the above, or my 2nd attempt, which was making a new account and grinding an excal only setup and remaining MR0 and only using whats available at that rank, but thats gotten boring already, cleared starchart on that account as well and have the only wpns i need/want.

TLDR: yes your right, i mean the torid is like many other weapons, inefficient beyond trashmob/trashlvl.

Methanoid I dont know whit Gas Torid pretty much whrecks on those long Dark Sector infested defence missions, both on hit and cloud damage is reasonably high agaisnt them. Although i tent to just fill the Cryopod whit bombs and led the farts do their job.

Situational? yeah. Useless? not by a long shot.

Methanoid I dont know whit Gas Torid pretty much whrecks on those long Dark Sector infested defence missions, both on hit and cloud damage is reasonably high agaisnt them. Although i tent to just fill the Cryopod whit bombs and led the farts do their job.

Situational? yeah. Useless? not by a long shot.

the torid has only ever been of use on infested defence/survival with a vauban+vortex, try the same vs grineer/corpus and you should agree its pure grade garbage.

Methanoid Actually i have taken it against corpus and Tent to use Toxic+Magnetic (For those proto shields the Toxic cant go through) and its rather effective, but its better use it against tactical targets like Techs or Bosses.

Grineers too whit Corrosive or Toxic+Radiation. The only thing holding it back is the firing speed, but its also the only thing keeping it balanced so yeah i think its pretty good given the proper situation and the proper build for said situation.

i find its far too damned slow, and ive got a 5x forma'd torid from the vauban+infested goodtimes, it doesnt have its dmg1.0 100% slows anymore so everything it does is far too slow, the dots ineffective in real use as targets just get shot to bits before the dot does much, leaving the direct shots doing most dmg on the current breed of torid, and why bother trying to use a glorified bean bag launcher with huge arc when every other weapon does it better.

Edited by Methanoid

i find its far too damned slow

This is the biggest thing deterring me from using the Torid right now. The firing rate is poor, and the reload is absolutely abysmal even when modded.

I couldn't bring myself to use it even in Damage 1.0 before its DoT and ice proc combo were destroyed. Now that it relies on direct hits to deal half-decent damage, it's absolutely painful to use.

This is the biggest thing deterring me from using the Torid right now. The firing rate is poor, and the reload is absolutely abysmal even when modded.

I couldn't bring myself to use it even in Damage 1.0 before its DoT and ice proc combo were destroyed. Now that it relies on direct hits to deal half-decent damage, it's absolutely painful to use.

even the flight time is bad.