Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unfair To Free Players

Joooooose

I am new to Warframe and have only been playingfor a week. I was really interested and exicted to see a new style of game with some cool gameplay features.

Immediatley upon playing, I found the game to be very fun. I really liked how Rhino looked and was excited to get to level 2 to unlock him. I assumed I would be able to buy frames with the in game money I had worked so hard to gather. However, I was really displeased when I discovered I would need to shell out $10 just to get a new frame.

I really like this game so far and would like to continue playing but I fear I will stop playing if the only way to get a new frame is to pay with real cash or search for peices to the frame and wait multiple days for it to be complete.

The game should offer more options for free players to advance or it should not be considered a free to play game. Because it seems to me that the game is more like a preveiw and not a full game unless you pay with cash.

I would really appreciate this issue to be addressed so that more people feel welcome to come and play. I do not want to see Warframe go down the dark path of many other F2P games that offer free fun and then virtually demand real money to get a full experience.

I am anxious to see how the developers feel about my concerns.

Thank you.

No...if you had just went 2-3 pages further in the market, you would've seen that you could've bought the Rhino blueprints with credits. You can then build the Rhino warframe via blueprint by gathering materials across the system.

Your review seems like an immediate post after seeing one small part of the game

Edited by Searcher64

I have played many "F2P" games and I can honestly say, that this game doesn't include unfair advantages for paying customers, especially since it is a coop-game. Be happy if someone else is paying for your fun and makes a great teammate as well, because he bought some decent gear, which you benefit from on difficult missions as well in the end. You can achieve anything the intended way, by grinding/farming/crafting it and that's the way a game like this works.

Is the P2W argument still going around? Just because you all are too stupid to realize that you can just scroll back further in the pages doesn't mean "OMG I CAN'T GET STUFF FOR FREE THIS GAME IS P2W!!!" -.-

Seriously, kinda makes me wish they'd done a P2P system. At least then we could keep all the "I don't get this stuff and therefore the game is unfair" babies out.

/rage

The OP has recognized you can build warframes by buying the blueprint and collecting and building the pieces for the blueprint. Read over it again. Apparently, this still does not satisfy him/her.

Huh, you're absolutely right. OP's just another Mercurian, I suppose.

How about puting blueprint purchases right next to the platinum purchases, as a pair?

And not a platinum section and blueprint section? mmkay

so its:

Volt platinum - volt blueprint - mag platinum - mag blueprint etc.

Why not support the game? I decided why not and shelled out 40$ and got a cool warframe and color palletes and things so that I could help the game! Sure it's free and unlocking things takes time, but personally I'd rather build my own weapon than buy it. If you expected to just instantly get a new good weapon in your first week of play, obviously you're expecting too much too fast. See people complain like "OH IT TAKES TOO LONG TO GET X ITEM WITHOUT PAYING" but if you pay you support the game, and if you don't then you get to say you actually constructed the item yourself! The only thing i'd consider hard to obtain without paying are the reactors since the blueprints can only be dropped by alerts (Correct me if i'm wrong!). But if you want to just complain and refuse to play the game, then leave, nobody will miss you if you're going to whine about it.

I feel like most people (Including people who've paid for platinum) craft the majority of their warframes/weapons. I was really excited about Rhino too, but I went through the process of getting the blueprints and materials and it really wasn't as awful as the OP seems to be making it out to be. As NinjaAsh mentioned, pretty much the only thing I've bought with platinum are reactors/catalysts. And a sentinel, because I was too excited to have a floatypet.

Besides, it's not like the starter frames are "bad" or "inferior" in any way.

Edited by Thor

Ahh, another first page browser, congratulation. You're so going to be flamed.

As many posters above me mentioned, there're blueprints for all frames and almost all weapons. They are a few clicks away from the first page. I believe majority of the players, even paid players, craft their frames/weapons through the foundry without directly buying things from the cash shop. At least I do that with all my items (except Loki, anyway).

I think we really need a solution for this trouble. So many players are incapable of browsing the shop properly. Perhaps make it clearer between credit shop and platinum shop would be a good idea.

Ahh, another first page browser, congratulation. You're so going to be flamed.

As many posters above me mentioned, there're blueprints for all frames and almost all weapons. They are a few clicks away from the first page. I believe majority of the players, even paid players, craft their frames/weapons through the foundry without directly buying things from the cash shop. At least I do that with all my items (except Loki, anyway).

I think we really need a solution for this trouble. So many players are incapable of browsing the shop properly. Perhaps make it clearer between credit shop and platinum shop would be a good idea.

Psst, OP already recognized you can buy blueprints. Read over the main post again.

However, I was really displeased when I discovered I would need to shell out $10 just to get a new frame.
if the only way to get a new frame is to pay with real cash or search for peices to the frame and wait multiple days for it to be complete.

These are contradictory statements. If you "needed" to spend $10, then there'd be no "or" about it.

Edited by HvcTerr

The game should offer more options for free players to advance or it should not be considered a free to play game. Because it seems to me that the game is more like a preveiw and not a full game unless you pay with cash.

The game gives free players everything they need to get most, if not all, of the experience. You can get everything for free. Thus, this game can be, if someone chooses it to be, a free to play game.

I don't understand what you're talking about? Are you complaining because there aren't more options available to free to play players? It sounds like that's what you're trying to say, but your arguments are muddled and don't really correlate in any way.

Edit: Actually, you can't get color sets or new slots for free. So this game is 'incredibly unfair' to free to play players who wants to own every color in the game. They'll never ever have the opportunity to make a bright flourescent warframe who looks like they stepped out of a rave without paying 5 dollars.

But unless you're really that obsessed about color options, it's a very minor thing.

Edited by Dancingfirefly

The OP has recognized you can build warframes by buying the blueprint and collecting and building the pieces for the blueprint. Read over it again. Apparently, this still does not satisfy him/her.

but I fear I will stop playing if the only way to get a new frame is to pay with real cash or search for peices to the frame and wait multiple days for it to be complete.

I read the first post just fine. OP seems to have false impression that plat is only way to obtain new frame.

Edit: Actually, you can't get color sets or new slots for free. So this game is 'incredibly unfair' to free to play players who wants to own every color in the game. They'll never ever have the opportunity to make a bright flourescent warframe who looks like they stepped out of a rave without paying 5 dollars.

But unless you're really that obsessed about color options, it's a very minor thing.

If you've got good timing, you can even get some of the color palettes basically for free too, e.g. the classic saturated when it was first released and the Easter palette. I think it's relatively safe to assume that future holiday palettes will have a similar deal.

Edited by Thor

It's a co-op game man... Yeah, if you pay you can get some equipment faster then you otherwise would, and with less grinding, but who cares? If you know where to get the Warframe blueprints you want (this information is not hard to find, by the way) it's not difficult to have a new Warframe within the first 15-20 hours of playtime. Maybe sooner, point being it's not that bad.

I've put I think 30-35 hours into my new OB account (started over to play with friends) and I've already made like 4 or 5 weapons from blueprints. If I saved that money for Warframes and farmed for the blueprints, I could easily have 2 or 3 Warframes at this point, plus a BP weapon to go with them. This is all while doing a lot of derping around and backtracking to help friends, mind you.

I haven't paid a cent yet. Don't feel underpowered at all.

However, I was really displeased when I discovered I would need to shell out $10 just to get a new frame.

I really like this game so far and would like to continue playing but I fear I will stop playing if the only way to get a new frame is to pay with real cash or search for peices to the frame and wait multiple days for it to be complete.

I would really appreciate this issue to be addressed so that more people feel welcome to come and play. I do not want to see Warframe go down the dark path of many other F2P games that offer free fun and then virtually demand real money to get a full experience.

First of all, you don't need to sell out any money what so ever to buy anything. Except for colours. And colours are the only "pay to obtain" items in this game, and that is true.

Second of all, I don't know why you said you need to pay cash when you know that you can craft them for free.

Most of the game is basically free to play, platinum purchases are just an option if you are... lazy.

Which I think is kind of describing you right now because of the fact of what you have posted.

Last but not least, yes it is a free run - one that provides you with access to most of the game content (Except colours and skins; but there are optional if you really want to look "bad &#!")

Please have the virtue of patience and a work-hard attitude like those who made this great game for us to experience a game like no other.

I am new to Warframe and have only been playingfor a week. I was really interested and exicted to see a new style of game with some cool gameplay features.

Immediatley upon playing, I found the game to be very fun. I really liked how Rhino looked and was excited to get to level 2 to unlock him. I assumed I would be able to buy frames with the in game money I had worked so hard to gather. However, I was really displeased when I discovered I would need to shell out $10 just to get a new frame.

I am anxious to see how the developers feel about my concerns.

Thank you.

can earn the frames in game just takes alot of grinding and smashing your face into a wall for mods...then paying 100-200k cash, then waiting 3 days...

I believe rhino blue prints are 35-40k on market, then each part blue print is off jackle i think... saturn i think it was or jupitor, then have to spend days grinding materials for each part, pay 15-20k per part, then pay another 35-40k to slap them into a frame then wait 3 days irl time for it to be fabricated...

tbh i just bought it because to much damn work for a god damned frame... did it for my ember and i dont think ever fabricate a frame again...