Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unfair To Free Players

Joooooose

If they give free players more options to get items more quickly, then you will truly have a completely free to play game to enjoy, but you will only enjoy it for a few months. No incentive to spend means no income, which means no game. Welcome to the real world.

Edited by Imbaland

Well, build times for the Frames are a bit high but other than that this game is total free to play (besides color palettes). I can get anything I need in this game within a week or less with some hard work/farming. Be lucky they made Rubedo/Alloy so much easier to find, us CB players just had to grind Venus/Earth for a week straight just to get enough mats for a frame.

I read the first post just fine. OP seems to have false impression that plat is only way to obtain new frame.

pay with real cash or search for peices to the frame and wait multiple days for it to be complete.

OP knows, but it's pretty easy to miss that part with the way the sentence is worded, heh. Don't worry about it. I imagine it's the grinding time that puts him off.

Honestly, I don't mind the current system much, although I think certain things need tweaking a bit. I actually think it might be a good compromise if we could buy parts to our frames (with Platinum, obviously, but not as expensive as the whole frame). That way, people who can't take grinding for the entire frame (or are having terrible luck with a blueprint) can shave off some of their time by paying money, but still do a decent amount of grinding. People who don't want to grind at all can just buy the frame, and people who want to grind without spending can just grind. What do you guy think? I know I'd definitely spend a bit (more) on Platinum were that the case, but I can't speak for everyone.

Edited by Quetzhal

To put my two cents in on this issue, i would (and pretty much have) paid a good 60$ common price for this game had it instead been a pay to play. I mean, not only is the game beautifully crafted and have fresh concepts that diverge from the norm, but all i have to do is put down a easy 5$ to access all the solar systems easily by supercharging. Then, even past that, i can still acess all of the content if i didn't want to play, and if that's not good enough for a f2p, than i don't know what is.

When I first started, I recognized that most of the market pages were heavily platinum promoting. I also saw other things like the revives costing platinum and a few other minor issues. Quite basically due to either an attempt to get payed quick, or out of foolish oversight, it looks like platinum is the most important method. Luckily if you take the moment, like the poster did, you see that there is another option.

Early in my play, when I chose Volt over Excalibur and Loki, I knew that I had other frames in mind. So I then made the effort to find out what I would need to do at the time. Then I proceeded to make steady progress towards the planet where the blueprints were so that I could get them quickly and find out what else I would need. Sadly, I did have to use a post on these forums, or as someone else said, the wiki. The information isn't in the game.

The information should be in the game in some ways. People should be offered up the things they want to know a bit easier. Still, the players have come together and with the community manager team supporting the players, there are threads with the info players need. With that info, and just a little bit of planning, you would have your rhino parts built when you could finally buy your rhino blueprint.

Simply put, the info should be in the game. Maybe the prices should be adjusted. Maybe the time spent crafting, or the materials could be made more available. There are things that might make it a bit faster then three and a half days plus farming time. Of course, the only thing that is really needed are a few minor tips about what experience is doing for you, and that you may want to find where alternative frames are so that you will be prepared to try out new frames when you max out your current frame.

A little bit more info should be available to the new players. Even if experienced players figured it out, there are still some things that are easily overlooked.

The big thing, I think, is the three-day waiting period. I've played the game on and off for about four days and am just now getting to craft my Volt, getting most of the mats using...

Wait for it...

A level 30 Mag. I haven't done a ton of XP grinding, no real reason to, and it took four days to hit rank 30 on an un-potatoed frame. Since I'm gonna charge the Volt, if I started another frame as soon as it was done, I'd proably have a level 30 Volt by that time too.

So please, one day Devs. That's plenty of waiting time.

OP knows, but it's pretty easy to miss that part with the way the sentence is worded, heh. Don't worry about it. I imagine it's the grinding time that puts him off.

Honestly, I don't mind the current system much, although I think certain things need tweaking a bit. I actually think it might be a good compromise if we could buy parts to our frames (with Platinum, obviously, but not as expensive as the whole frame). That way, people who can't take grinding for the entire frame (or are having terrible luck with a blueprint) can shave off some of their time by paying money, but still do a decent amount of grinding. People who don't want to grind at all can just buy the frame, and people who want to grind without spending can just grind. What do you guy think? I know I'd definitely spend a bit (more) on Platinum were that the case, but I can't speak for everyone.

I think they should keep the grind as is, and reduce the contruction time frame, or remove it entirely. This way it still takes time to obtain gear without money, thus encouraging people to spend money on the game, but with the build time removed, the excitement of finaly having all the resources to build a new item and then actually getting it straight away instead of having to wait 1 to 3 days for it to construct, would keep players playing, and possibly encourage them to spend plat on buying a catalyst. As opposed to having them grind for a long time to assemble all the componnents and credits and blue prints to build their frame, waiting days for the components to build, and then waiting even more days for the frame to build, and then having them get grumpy and come post on the forums, or leave the game.

As for your suggestion. You can allready spend platinum to reduce the build time of an item, it cost's 25 platinum. I generally scoff at that price, 'sif I'm gonna pay 25 platinum for speeding up the build process when I could spend 20 platinum on a potato for when it's finaly finished. A potato is way more valuable than 20 or so hours of game time, so the cost of rushing the build time comes off as really bad value.

Your concerns? Are you kidding me? You can obtain everything through playing. If you cant handle the challenge of grinding for your warframe/stuff, Free to play games arent for you.... Even in this game, where you can have everything for nothing, people are still whining cause they actually have to work for their stuff, ridiculous. I farmed 2 weeks for my nyx. Should I create a whining thread? Yeah, I could have bought her, but I didnt. I liked the challenge of actually doing something for the thing I want.....

Honestly, I haven't (yet) felt oppressed as an F2P player, perhaps because Loki seems to fit my playstyle.

If stealth gameplay were more viable/rewarding, I'd certainly feel sore about how Paris is Platinum-only in the store, however. I would demand some more-accessible ranged stealth weapon.

Honestly, I haven't (yet) felt oppressed as an F2P player, perhaps because Loki seems to fit my playstyle.

If stealth gameplay were more viable/rewarding, I'd certainly feel sore about how Paris is Platinum-only in the store, however. I would demand some more-accessible ranged stealth weapon.

Plat only? O.o You should take a closer look. I crafted mine from a BP....

I think they should keep the grind as is, and reduce the contruction time frame, or remove it entirely. This way it still takes time to obtain gear without money, thus encouraging people to spend money on the game, but with the build time removed, the excitement of finaly having all the resources to build a new item and then actually getting it straight away instead of having to wait 1 to 3 days for it to construct, would keep players playing, and possibly encourage them to spend plat on buying a catalyst. As opposed to having them grind for a long time to assemble all the componnents and credits and blue prints to build their frame, waiting days for the components to build, and then waiting even more days for the frame to build, and then having them get grumpy and come post on the forums, or leave the game.

As for your suggestion. You can allready spend platinum to reduce the build time of an item, it cost's 25 platinum. I generally scoff at that price, 'sif I'm gonna pay 25 platinum for speeding up the build process when I could spend 20 platinum on a potato for when it's finaly finished. A potato is way more valuable than 20 or so hours of game time, so the cost of rushing the build time comes off as really bad value.

I didn't mean spend platinum to reduce the build time of the item - I meant reducing the grind, but not entirely, as in using platinum to buy either the Ash Helmet/Chassis/Systems blueprint (a little redundant) or the Ash Helmet/Chassis/Systems itself, for example. The components needed to construct the Warframe. Basically, if someone's down on their luck, they can spend a bit more to get through that bit. I know I would. The total grind becomes a partial grind and DE can still earn money out of people who normally wouldn't pay a dime.

But I agree with you completely regarding the build times, really. I don't really mind waiting so much - I'm used to it - but there are other players that will be driven away by it. Immediate gratification after a grind like that would be better for player retention, plus build time enforces the "oh man this company is trying to suck my money out of me" view, which is not a good thing. (I don't think that way. I think DE is awesome. It's still likely that some people will interpret it in that fashion, though.)

No...if you had just went 2-3 pages further in the market, you would've seen that you could've bought the Rhino blueprints with credits. You can then build the Rhino warframe via blueprint by gathering materials across the system.

Your review seems like an immediate post after seeing one small part of the game

The problem is, none of this is explained to the new player. There's just pages of warframes for platinum and blueprints for credits and stuff that's xp locked. There is no context or instructions on how to obtain what is needed to craft a desired Warframe.

They need to change that.

Plat only? O.o You should take a closer look. I crafted mine from a BP....

It's "plat only" for direct purchases. My point is that if stealth-gameplay becomes more rewarding, the current system has problems, because it's basically taking a whole not-so-unusual playstyle and making it impossible for F2P players to do until they get the necessary credits, blueprints, farm 1200 Rubedo, etc.

As a space-ninja, your first stealthy ranged weapon (whether that's a bow, a throwing dagger, or just a silenced gun) should be available at least as soon as your first shotgun or sniper rifle, if not sooner.

Edited by HvcTerr

It's "plat only" for direct purchases. My point is that if stealth-gameplay becomes more rewarding, the current system has problems, because it's basically taking a whole not-so-unusual playstyle and making it impossible for F2P players to do until they get the blueprints, materials, etc in much later systems.

As a space-ninja, your first stealthy ranged weapon (whether that's a bow, a throwing dagger, or just a silenced gun) should be available earlier your first shotgun or sniper rifle, not later.

Depends on you, not on the weapon. The bp costs 20k. That is not the world. The Weapon itself costs 15k makes 35k

The materials drop on Mars (lvl 10-19 /) Venus (lv8-14) / And Neptune (lvl 18-28)

So these materials are not that hard to aquire. Even for new players.....

If people want to go stealth. They have to do something for that....

Edited by Venarge

It's "plat only" for direct purchases. My point is that if stealth-gameplay becomes more rewarding, the current system has problems, because it's basically taking a whole not-so-unusual playstyle and making it impossible for F2P players to do until they get the necessary credits, blueprints, farm 1200 Rubedo, etc.

As a space-ninja, your first stealthy ranged weapon (whether that's a bow, a throwing dagger, or just a silenced gun) should be available at least as soon as your first shotgun or sniper rifle, if not sooner.

By 1200 rubedo, I'm assuming you're talking about the Paris BP from the alert mission yesterday. The store BP has a MUCH better material cost. Research first please.

I really like this game so far and would like to continue playing but I fear I will stop playing if the only way to get a new frame is to pay with real cash or search for peices to the frame and wait multiple days for it to be complete.

I have no sympathy at all for you, because I just did exactly this and it was not particularly onerous given that I haven't paid a cent for this game. If you want a frame faster, the option to buy it is there. And I believe bought warframes come supercharged too.

By 1200 rubedo, I'm assuming you're talking about the Paris BP from the alert mission yesterday. The store BP has a MUCH better material cost. Research first please.

That's strange, why does the alert mission BP have a different cost to the store BP? :S

That's strange, why does the alert mission BP have a different cost to the store BP? :S

The two leading theories are that it's a bug (because 1500 rubedo is a crazy high amount of a rare resource for a bow), or that because the market BP has a level requirement while the alert reward one doesn't, it costs a lot more.

one thing I do like about this system is that if you want to "buy" things its more for convienience than anything else...

I can wait for my new sword//warframe to build for I can get it now if I throw some money at it.

I could buy a new warframe or I can spend my time gathering the materials.

I've yet to find something in the game that I CANT get my hands on with the ingame currency/system... wait... the alt helmets for the frames? or can you get blueprints for those as well? (either way it doesnt make that much of a difference imo, its not like getting a helmet for the frame makes them 100% better... they all have advantages and dissadvantages)

one thing I do like about this system is that if you want to "buy" things its more for convienience than anything else...

I can wait for my new sword//warframe to build for I can get it now if I throw some money at it.

I could buy a new warframe or I can spend my time gathering the materials.

I've yet to find something in the game that I CANT get my hands on with the ingame currency/system... wait... the alt helmets for the frames? or can you get blueprints for those as well? (either way it doesnt make that much of a difference imo, its not like getting a helmet for the frame makes them 100% better... they all have advantages and dissadvantages)

You can actually find the alt helmets in ? missions ^^