Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unfair To Free Players

Joooooose

how we can guet this in teh game? Without having to buy it=?

Orokin Catalyst

Orokin Catalyst

–Orokin modification technology used to super-charge weaponry.

[size=3]Price : 20 Platinum[/size]

You can get that by doing Alert missions with [?] listed as a reward. One of the possible rewards from that is a catalyst or reactor blue print. Its just fairly rare. So far I have yet to buy one and I have 3 bps of each from alert missions.

And still this game is unfair for free players. To advance to higher master ranks u need to buy more slots for platinum or sell ur current leveled weapons to free the place but its not cool at all. And as a free player it limiting you to 2 warframes only (none in his mind will ever sell warframe)

After the patch the craftable frames are pointless.

I helped a buddy farm for rhino pretty much all day yesterday (Im ashamed to admit to it), the boss never dropped the first part. Other friends in game have replicated these results. Im just happy I got saryn crafted before the nerf.

Before the patch I would agree with all the founders here that are dumping on the guy. Post patch, no. You buy them, or you dont get them with the illusion of finding them. This game's main appeal is collecting mods and frames. Neither can be done now. Of the 6 or 7 people I know in game, no one has found a part since patch, and of the maybe 4000 mobs we killed yesterday, 4 rares dropped with maybe 200 sentinal commons.

I understand the store needs to make money; I plan on spending $10 a month while I play, I already fit it in my gaming budget. But to say free to play people get -everything- wallet warriors do, is wrong. If nothing else you're tied to two frames at max.

I must say i strongly disagree with the OP.

The very few things you cannot get by paying, is purely cosmetic.

I have dished out 30$ for platinum, which i more or less only use to buy more slots and patatoes, the rest i farm and eventhough farming sounds borring.

I find ways to make it fun, by doing diffrent things, like farming BPs then switching to farming matrerials then switching to leveling some low level weapon.

But each to his/her own i guess.

If the OP does not think this is a good setup, then he should probably find another game.

Well, i guess alot of ppl just click on their warframe in arsenal, and see only platinum options. Then they like: "wtf ? no credits ! It's ripoff !!". They think "if warframes can be bought there, why go elsewhere ?". That's sad, but such peoples exists. It's unavoidable, i guess. It would be good idea to leave only blueprints in market "weapons" and "warframes" category's, so those, who at least glanced at market, immediatly saw prices in credits and calmed down.

The secret is that real money is time in the game.

Free to Play games should be like this: free players, who don't pay nothing with real money, can achieve about 90% of the items. But they would take longer than someone who pays real money.

A great example of a Free to Play game is Blacklight: Retribution. You can get almost everything in the game without paying a penny. But that will take time, a long time ... That is, for those who want to save time, spend money in the game and get the items faster!

what the game makes really unfair is that u cant have unlimited weapons and frames like u mentioned.additionally its really hard/maybe undoable to proceed without supercharging ur frame and weapons.

So why should I care for your game history? Its a fact that people got spoilt when it comes to gaming. Every game rewards you for everything. You dont have to fear any consequences if you die. And this game simply adds a consequence. You as a long time player should know that... Besides that, did I every said that I meant especially YOU with the "these days" sentence? No need to feel offended.....

Your use of language was very specific when quoting my post, and your passive aggressive crap as clear as the intent of your post.

As for the consequences of death in a game, it’s subjective, and nothing more than personal opinion; what you, I, or anyone else perceives as just consequence is their business. However, that has nothing to do with the fact that there is an item in game that affects game play which is available for plat, and cannot be bought with in game credits, looted, or crafted. Frankly, it doesn’t matter what its function is, it’s enough that it can affect game play, and as a result any claims of pay to win are justifiable. Either it should be removed altogether, or made equally accessible to all.

Edited by HexCaliber

There is not much to say. Recent patching have made warframe assembly much harder than before, but it is still not impossible. A free to play game needs money after all, and a lot of the money you are spending goes to both the item and potential time saved. A shortcut, if you will. I can see how some players are daunted with the time it takes to make a warframe from scratch, but at least it is possible without money; only an investment of your time and credits.

There is not much to say. Recent patching have made warframe assembly much harder than before, but it is still not impossible. A free to play game needs money after all, and a lot of the money you are spending goes to both the item and potential time saved. A shortcut, if you will. I can see how some players are daunted with the time it takes to make a warframe from scratch, but at least it is possible without money; only an investment of your time and credits.

How much harder? I spent a week farming for Rhino parts three months ago. Ember chassis is still as elusive as before.