Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Psa On Survivals.

Flamingauss

So Lately I'm noticing a trend in survivals...get 15-20 minutes in playing with a couple friends or by myself. Then it shows up...."You can we leave, I got a doctors appointment i gotta go to" or much more chore specific comments show up mid game....my question is If you knew that you had to leave soon, what in your right mind made you think to run a survival mission?! You're pretty much saying "Yo guys I can't think right and I want to cost you time and resources because I can't manage my own time."

I understand it could be that quicky before the thing you have to do, but why a survival of all things? Run an exterm...or something that will last you a good minute. I also know that this wont stop...but it's getting on my nerves that this is happening more often. than it should.

So c'mon guys, if you know you have to be somewhere soon...don't run survivals...don't be "that guy". please.

-This PSA has been presented to you by the foundation of Not Being "That Guy" and Associates-

Because 20 minutes is not really "soon".

And it isn't even that bad of a issue, literally just click the node again and bam your right in another survival. If it bugs you that bad either Solo, go to Recruiting, Play with friends or play with Clannies.

Because 20 minutes is not really "soon".

And it isn't even that bad of a issue, literally just click the node again and bam your right in another survival. If it bugs you that bad either Solo, go to Recruiting, Play with friends or play with Clannies.

I will refer this to my previous post.

Making a post sammich.

Edited by Swaggergasted

Kinda hard with not many friends online...or else they are full. even in 3/4 friend filled games it's always the random....>.> always the random.

Right there with ya.  I almost always run PuGs, but when you run with random folks, you gotta expect random S#&$ to happen.

Right there with ya.  I almost always run PuGs, but when you run with random folks, you gotta expect random S#&$ to happen.

I try to run with my clan mates and friends when or if I can...that way it stops that...if one of us has to go I can talk to them and they usually let everyone know "hey...I gotta leave at such and such time" so we base either to just not invite them OR we all are like ok we'll run it with them....not hard, I'm just asking for some communication amongst players, lets us know ahead like when the game starts not in the middle when everything is getting good. and stuff is dropping like cray.

If they tell you before or at the time doesn't matter for survival because the time to leave happens at the same time.

It's not like defense waves where the timing and coordination actually matters.

If they tell you before or at the time doesn't matter for survival because the time to leave happens at the same time.

It's not like defense waves where the timing and coordination actually matters.

Yeah it usually ends with a really pissed off message to me. or a clan mate. To me, you have no room to act pissed off when it's your own fault. But to me I take it as you just ditched us we are now down a man and will have to leave sooner.

But if they told you at the beginning, they'd still be leaving at the same time, you'd still be down a person at the same time, and still have to leave earlier than if they didn't leave at all.

Go solo. S#&$ happens, just something to deal with.

My guilty pleasure - I love being that guy.

"Oh man I gotta run to the store"

"Crap, dog just puked everywhere"

"My leg just fell off, GTG!!"

"I'M SUDDENLY BLIND!!! Also, Flow at waypoint."

When I look for players in recruiting chat I always note that I'm going for 40 minutes minimum.

When the team suddenly agrees to leave at 20, or someone becomes afk and basically leeches all the rewards, I just disconnect my internet connection for a few seconds, wait for them to get DC'ed, reconnect it back and just continue solo.

Be reasonable to know that real life gets in the way sometimes. Yeah it's annoying when people know they need to be somewhere or do something soon and don't let you know ahead of time, but at the end of the day wouldn't you want them to extend the same courtesy to you if something happened on your end?

So Lately I'm noticing a trend in survivals...get 15-20 minutes in playing with a couple friends or by myself. Then it shows up...."You can we leave, I got a doctors appointment i gotta go to" or much more chore specific comments show up mid game....my question is If you knew that you had to leave soon, what in your right mind made you think to run a survival mission?! You're pretty much saying "Yo guys I can't think right and I want to cost you time and resources because I can't manage my own time."

I understand it could be that quicky before the thing you have to do, but why a survival of all things? Run an exterm...or something that will last you a good minute. I also know that this wont stop...but it's getting on my nerves that this is happening more often. than it should.

So c'mon guys, if you know you have to be somewhere soon...don't run survivals...don't be "that guy". please.

-This PSA has been presented to you by the foundation of Not Being "That Guy" and Associates-

Man, asking people to forgo real life for an extra neurode or whatever?

I think someone's being "that guy" here but it's not the ones who ask to leave at 20.

I usualy run PuGs on low tier survivals to test things, for the luls/mats/affinity when i get tired of the endless '5min/wave then leave' trend on dark sectors. While doing that, I often keep close look to the squad UI and keep tabs of one or another member that is near me, if at any given mark at least one of the members are not doing so good (host lag, be dying a lot of times, not being able to deal enough damage to take down enemies or something) I suggest extraction on the next reward mark, more to keep sanity levels stable than anything, as sometimes its a 'little too much' to revive the same guy 5 times in 5 minutes.

OT: 20mins is usualy a good mark for farming certain enemies, affinity and rewards. If you want to reach over that, either pray for a likely-minded squad to pop on PuGs, use recruiting stating clearly of your objectives or solo. 

You should also take notice that in average, people have a very short sustained attention span (avg 10mins), and unless trained/conditioned to re-focus repeatedly on the same thing, mistakes will increasingly happen.

See, I wouldn't mind actually getting to hit the 20m mark.

But all I get are people who absolutely gotta must leave after five or ten minutes max, and people who refuse to wait the extra twenty seconds or so for the next reward to pop up.