The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Removing Stat Helms Gives Older Players Yet Another Advantage

only there's no advantage because its co-op game, you team up with strong player, you win as well?

But he has better toys than i do :(

Take them away if i cannot play with the exact same toys or ill tell mommy!

There's an arcane alert right now. It's your own fault if you miss it.

its 1 am in eastern europe

IT'S YOUR FAULT IF YOU TAKE PROPER CARE OF YOUR HEALTH!

Edited by Rainbee

its 1 am in eastern europe

IT'S YOUR FAULT IF YOU TAKE PROPER CARE OF YOUR HEALTH!

It's 1 a.m. SOMEWHERE at any given time in the world.  Not a excuse, a global game should not have to cater to your schedule.  And as it is just a game you are going to be a reasonable man and say 'eh, i don't need it' instead of complaining, right?

Some of the replies here are underestimating the boost that certain helmets give players.  Nine times out of ten, Rhino players are wearing a Vanguard helmet, and the tenth guy is a newbie who just finished crafting the frame.  You'll rarely see an Ember without a Phoenix helmet.  Loki's got that extra power efficiency helmet of his.  Those helmets are definite boosts without any downsides.

Which is why I'm glad I was here early.  But unmarrying the stats from the helmets and creating a "helmet slot" so players can pick and choose is still the best choice of all that works for everybody and has no arguments against it.

I have a thread about this in feedback. Multiple people have threads about this in feedback.

No comments from DE. It kind of feels as if the best solution is the one that is being ignored. I dunno. Maybe they just want to watch the world burn.

I have a thread about this in feedback. Multiple people have threads about this in feedback.

No comments from DE. It kind of feels as if the best solution is the one that is being ignored. I dunno. Maybe they just want to watch the world burn.

Or they have a vision for the game, the "best" solution doesn't fit that vision, and they realize that nothing is going to set aflame as a result of their actions. God the level of melodrama in this thread is overwhelming.

And not just DE, it seems like a vast majority of people are simply ignoring the best possible solution in favor of satisfying only their side of the fence.

Or they have a vision for the game, the "best" solution doesn't fit that vision

What a load of hogwash.

Edited by Katakuna

It's 1 a.m. SOMEWHERE at any given time in the world.  Not a excuse, a global game should not have to cater to your schedule.  And as it is just a game you are going to be a reasonable man and say 'eh, i don't need it' instead of complaining, right?

I was sarcastically responding to "It's your own fault if you miss it.", I already have all the helmets I would want since near U8, why would I even attempt to complain?

I mean I understand complaining in-game or to friends, but in this forum?

please no

Edited by Rainbee

I was sarcastically responding to "It's your own fault if you miss it.", I already have all the helmets I would want since near U8, why would I even attempt to complain?

I mean I understand complaining in-game or to friends, but in this forum?

please no

Didn't look like sarcasm to me.

I just wish they would nerf some of the unreasonable ones like Vanguard Rhino. +25% sprint speed should either get lowered or make it so the power strength reduction actually makes the player think before using it.

I mean, -25% power strength for +25% sprint speed would actually make players stop and think whether they want that for their build or not. (Or at least make it so that it becomes that on Rhino Prime to balance out the Loki speed Vanguard grants)

I just wish they would nerf some of the unreasonable ones like Vanguard Rhino. +25% sprint speed should either get lowered or make it so the power strength reduction actually makes the player think before using it.

I mean, -25% power strength for +25% sprint speed would actually make players stop and think whether they want that for their build or not. (Or at least make it so that it becomes that on Rhino Prime to balance out the Loki speed Vanguard grants)

Keep complaining. It's not happening.

all im gonna say is , thanks DE for free stats. arcane vanguard rhino forever. i will make all newbies quit because they will never attain my speed.

If they quit from just that, they shouldn't be playing this game or most online games in general.

Keep complaining. It's not happening.

I'm saying this as someone who owns an Arcane Vanguard helmet.

And besides, you can never be too certain. Did anyone really think DE was really going to nerf Trinity and Nova? Or perhaps even Galatine? Maybe some, but for the most part, the community never thought it would happen. If that's possible, anything else getting nerfed is fair game as well.

I'm saying this as someone who owns an Arcane Vanguard helmet.

And besides, you can never be too certain. Did anyone really think DE was really going to nerf Trinity and Nova? Or perhaps even Galatine? Maybe some, but for the most part, the community never thought it would happen. If that's possible, anything else getting nerfed is fair game as well.

Look buddy. The helmet's stats are here to stay. Don't like it? Then maybe this isn't the game for you.

Edited by Tymerc

Look buddy. The helmet's stats are here to stay. Don't like it? Then maybe this isn't the game for you.

In what part did I say that I wanted the stats to be removed? I'm absolutely fine with stats remaining, I only want the ridiculous stats to be changed. Next time, read carefully before replying to someone.