The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hydroids Undertow...should It Do That?

paul62626

i was just playing Hydroid on defense and i used undertow to protect the pod. it was infested so nothing could touch it. but i came out and noticed that i had no energy to do it again, which was weird because i had looked 10 seconds earlier to see i had 112. i continued to pay attention as i played and relised that a infested leader that drains energy from you would fall into my puddle and drain my energy.

i was wondering if it was meant to do that or is Hydriod not supposed to take that type of damage while being a puddle?

TLDR; Hydroid's puddle doesn't protect you from The draining energy effect on certain Enemies(Leaders). Should it?

Just curious.

I think the energy return is from things dying inside and dropping globes. 

No, it should not protect you from enemy leader aura's otherwise anyone could just plop down in a puddle and win at infested defense forever and ever or until their hardware or software crapped out. Slowly, very slowly, but surely and risk-free.

You are what you eat.

Now seriously... the puddle?... that thing even kill anything ever? 

i soloed a defense mission using nothing but the puddle. granted i only went to wave 5, but i never fired a shot.

I think the energy return is from things dying inside and dropping globes. 

No, it should not protect you from enemy leader aura's otherwise anyone could just plop down in a puddle and win at infested defense forever and ever or until their hardware or software crapped out. Slowly, very slowly, but surely and risk-free.

That's a fair point. i see the need for a con to the puddle. 

The main problems I have with undertow are these:

Toxic ancients underwater still make an invisible toxic death trap for teammates.

When Undertow ends, the enemies that were just drowning can recover and start attacking faster than I can.

While I hate the parasitic leaders, there's gotta be SOME weakness to undertow at some point.