The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion : Gun Kata

skinotik

Hi everyone

With the recent deployment of the stance mod for melee weapon, I have an idea to implement something similar for main and secondary weapon.

At the moment, frame and melee weapon have a support mod slot that increase mod capacity.  I think main and secondary wepaon should have something similar.  The difficulty is to not make it a passive bonus to slap there.  Futhermore it should be low capacity like the stance mod, not iving more than 10 point if the polarity is right.  These mod could be seperate in 5 categories, rifle, shotgun, bow, sniper, pistol (maybe pistol would need a rework to create subcategories).

Here some idea I had for some ''Gun kata'' like I call them.

Ammo mutator (All) :  All ammo mutator should be in that categories.

Frontal Shield (Rifle & maybe shotgun) : When aiming create a shield that absorb x% dmg coming from the direction you are aiming.

Tactical Training (All) : Give a very fast weapon swap when you switch to the giving weapon + Accuracy bonus (or maybe some reload bonus, could be all-rounder kata but it should be make that it bypass all support mod).

Homing bullet (All) : Ok this one is tricky.  The idea is to have something like in the 5th element movie.  ONLY CENTER OF MASS shot, never do headshot, for balance reason ... need aiming to aquire target something like that.

Thunderbolt (Bow) : Thunderbolt could be switch to this categories

Bouncing Bullet (All) : Bullet bounce of surface, could be hard to implement with the piercing.

Scope Mastery (Sniper) :  Give adjustable zoom and + x% dmg increase when firing in zoom.

Slug fest (Shotgun) :  Switch shotgun to one big pellet and give +x% status chance (or some little bonus maybe accurary)

Im not saying that all these idea sould be put into the game, just throwing idea around to bring more customization to gun weaponry.

If you have idea for gun kata post them ! :P

Have a good day

watch less equilibrium.

If you'd actually read the first post, you'd see it was completely unrelated to the film.

I like it. Weapon mods that grant capacity would be a huge help with regards to the stupid number of formas we end up using on primaries and secondaries, and these are nice effects. Also I use ammo mutation on loads of weapons and having it not occupy a space I want another mod in would be fantastic. Too many of my guns use too much ammo too quickly to sacrifice the mutation mods.

If you'd actually read the first post, you'd see it was completely unrelated to the film.

gun kata = the fighting style made for equilibrium and ultraviolet, and given that we dont do cleric style combat moves then the nametag for the above mentioned "mods/aura" ideas is a bad choice of words.

Edited by Methanoid

I like it. Weapon mods that grant capacity would be a huge help with regards to the stupid number of formas we end up using on primaries and secondaries, and these are nice effects. Also I use ammo mutation on loads of weapons and having it not occupy a space I want another mod in would be fantastic. Too many of my guns use too much ammo too quickly to sacrifice the mutation mods.

The issu would be to make sure that that slot doesn't become an ''ammo mutator slot'' and offer other opportunity that is actually appealling.

your ideas are simple "mods/aura", theres no likeness to the gun kata/gunfu mythos/mechanisms.

Well, it's kinda true that the name isn't well chosen.  If I would go for the kata/gunfu vibe, it would to be mostly very hard passive bonus and complement it with visual frame stance.  Because ''Combo'' for gun could be hell to implement.

Maybe the name is quite right also, maybe call them specialization.  As for the aura/mod distinction, I would like those ''specialization'' to bring visual and drastic change.  Aka Thunderbolt transform the way the bow work, The frontal shield would need to be implement visually.  The slug for the shotgun transform the way the weapon work.  It's the kind of vibe I want to hit.  The issu is that ppl that want to play the basic ''setup'' of a gun (aka I want pellet with my shotgun) should be offer an opportunity too (aka the tactical training thing).