The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Neckros

(PSN)Nerothebonelord

please update him, he in my opinion isn't on par with the other frames. you end up relying heavily on your guns rather than his powers..

soul punch needs something done with it, its not horrible or anything but it really needs something else

terrify is amazing

desecrate is phenomenal  

shadows of the dead is really fun but lacks strength its more of a decoy for enemies, but usually doesn't help in higher levels.

Please update him, he is my favorite and has loads of potential

I mainly think the damage on SP needs a buff. It used to be armor ignoring with guaranteed knockdown. Now it's just impact damage(which armor blocks most of) with a proc(that doesn't work on specters, last I could play).

In damage 1.0, you could use SP for sniping or for blasting down groups. Now it's only good for blasting down groups.

I very much would like to see SP brought up to where it needs to be, but there's a band of people that goes around derailing any thread about nekros into a demand to wreck him completely by wildly altering all of his skills so he's a useless pet master whose only job is to hide from everything. This ruins the potential to get a legitimate problem(Soulpunch getting nerfed hard by d2.0) fixed.

Edited by Llyssa

but there's a band of people that goes around derailing any thread about nekros into a demand to wreck him completely by wildly altering all of his skills so he's a useless pet master whose only job is to hide from everything. 

Don't knock pet mastery 'till you try it.

And no, there is nothing to say it would remove potential to fix his other skills. The outcries to adjust or remove skills like Soul Punch should very well highlight that Soul Punch just might have a problem worth looking into.

Soul punch is bad

Shadow of the dead needs more damage

the rest is perfect

The only "perfect" skill is desecrate. And event that can fault at times.

Shadows of the Dead A.I. needs a rework and a easier way to collect souls to use.

The only "perfect" skill is desecrate. And event that can fault at times.

Shadows of the Dead A.I. needs a rework and a easier way to collect souls to use.

I actually disagree, Desecrate made Nekros into a farmer not the Lord of the Underworld. I think it should do something else. Like I dunno an AOE that drains the life of those standing in it and distributes it to team.

Shadows of the Dead should be something like a 40 second skill that any enemy you kill has his soul revived and fight for you rather than reviving the last 6 enemies you killed. Making it faster, realiable and adds more strategy "Oh I don't wanna kill that guys cuz I want a stronger enemy ..." this way you can just pick your targets.

Edited by Kurochikun

I mainly think the damage on SP needs a buff. It used to be armor ignoring with guaranteed knockdown. Now it's just impact damage(which armor blocks most of) with a proc(that doesn't work on specters, last I could play).

In damage 1.0, you could use SP for sniping or for blasting down groups. Now it's only good for blasting down groups.

I very much would like to see SP brought up to where it needs to be, but there's a band of people that goes around derailing any thread about nekros into a demand to wreck him completely by wildly altering all of his skills so he's a useless pet master whose only job is to hide from everything. This ruins the potential to get a legitimate problem(Soulpunch getting nerfed hard by d2.0) fixed.

You literally just went into someone's thread, told him he was wrong, and then complained about your own type of behaviour. C'mon dude. Be a bit more self-aware here.

Edited by Charismo

Terrify needs to be spammable, it is just a poor mans chaos/radialblind/radial disarm as of now.

A wild napalm appears

Power in use

Do you want to revive?

So stagger him with Soul Punch. Or take cover. Do something a smart player would do.

So stagger him with Soul Punch. Or take cover. Do something a smart player would do.

Hey guyz nekros can stagger with his first skill put down all his threads, he is balanced.

B*tch please, it is easy to smart talk when you only have a very limited amount of slots to make desecrate and terrify good while having to worry about your defense too. Hint : You cant.

I have a 5 forma nekros, have him as my most used warframe, can easily solo g3 with him as i did many times but he is not viable with 3 skills.

You need fleeting to spam desecrate, to use terrify you need narrow minded, to use narrow minded you need overextended, with overextended your terrify will suck unless you use blind rage, but then guess what you wont be able to spam desecrate, it is a broken loop.

Then you have to think about your defensive mods like i said, since he is slow and has low stats all over the place, not a single one stands out and then his mods that will allow you to gain energy at a constant rate ( rage, equilibrium).

And then you want me to equip soul punch *like a smart player would do* , dont make me laugh, i can guarantee i have the best nekros build and it doesnt use neither terrify or soul punch because guess what? If I wanted good CC I would use excalibur, hydroid, zephyr, vauban, nyx, loki and so on, all of which do a much better job than nekros.

A nekros MUST use desecrate, otherwise any other warframe will do terrify better, or, LMAO, soul punch.

SotD in a good desecrate build which MUST have Nat Talent is a pretty good panic button. But thats about it, you will be able to summon 7 souls for 17 seconds in an optimal build, to give room for you to desecrate moar.

Nekros boils down to desecrate, he needs mora than just that. If you fail to recognize i am very very sorry for you.

Well part of the issue with Nekros, as a whole, is that all he's comprised of is CC skills (pricey ones at that - 25 energy for a single-target stun, 75 and a cooldown to make a limited number of enemies virtually invisible, 100 for a mass Decoy...) and Desecrate. It sort of takes the fun out of him when you realize that his RNG-based loot pinata skill is the only part of his arsenal that appears to take itself seriously in its current state.

Hey guyz nekros can stagger with his first skill put down all his threads, he is balanced.

B*tch please, it is easy to smart talk when you only have a very limited amount of slots to make desecrate and terrify good while having to worry about your defense too. Hint : You cant.

I have a 5 forma nekros, have him as my most used warframe, can easily solo g3 with him as i did many times but he is not viable with 3 skills.

You need fleeting to spam desecrate, to use terrify you need narrow minded, to use narrow minded you need overextended, with overextended your terrify will suck unless you use blind rage, but then guess what you wont be able to spam desecrate, it is a broken loop.

Then you have to think about your defensive mods like i said, since he is slow and has low stats all over the place, not a single one stands out and then his mods that will allow you to gain energy at a constant rate ( rage, equilibrium).

And then you want me to equip soul punch *like a smart player would do* , dont make me laugh, i can guarantee i have the best nekros build and it doesnt use neither terrify or soul punch because guess what? If I wanted good CC I would use excalibur, hydroid, zephyr, vauban, nyx, loki and so on, all of which do a much better job than nekros.

A nekros MUST use desecrate, otherwise any other warframe will do terrify better, or, LMAO, soul punch.

SotD in a good desecrate build which MUST have Nat Talent is a pretty good panic button. But thats about it, you will be able to summon 7 souls for 17 seconds in an optimal build, to give room for you to desecrate moar.

Nekros boils down to desecrate, he needs mora than just that. If you fail to recognize i am very very sorry for you.

Other people find more effective ways to use Nekros. But they fail to recognize something. Other players are wrong, and you are right, because you have a hard time, and they don't.

Self-awareness is just completely out of the question, huh? 

You brag that you "have the best Nekros build" but still think he's ineffective, compared to so many other players? And the thought doesn't cross your mind that maybe you don't have the best Nekros build, of course. Evidence that you don't have a good Nekros build lies in that you think you need Narrow Minded to make Terrify work.

If you can't figure out how a shorter-duration cheaper-cast Terrify can be beneficial, that doesn't speak to your supposed "expertise" on Nekros.

Other people find more effective ways to use Nekros. But they fail to recognize something. Other players are wrong, and you are right, because you have a hard time, and they don't.

Self-awareness is just completely out of the question, huh? 

You brag that you "have the best Nekros build" but still think he's ineffective, compared to so many other players? And the thought doesn't cross your mind that maybe you don't have the best Nekros build, of course. Evidence that you don't have a good Nekros build lies in that you think you need Narrow Minded to make Terrify work.

If you can't figure out how a shorter-duration cheaper-cast Terrify can be beneficial, that doesn't speak to your supposed "expertise" on Nekros.

I dont have a hard time, i saw many many rhinos go down before my Nekros, in fact, it has been a very very long while since i died with him, he IS very effective, at doing the only thing he does, desecrating.

I can completely understand the effects of a 14s terrify that will affect up to 12 enemies in a 35m range : If lucky, it should save your a**, so nekros is good at desecrating, and with some lucky, occasionally, at saving his own a**.

Why do I keep saying your own a** rather than the teams? Because if your team is relying on a nekros to both desecrate and CC, I am very sorry for it. So I suppose that in a good team there is at least ONE of the many good CC warframes that will render your terrify not only obsolete but a pain in the a** for those who cant aim at a running chicken 30m away. If closer than that I suppose we are talking infested, and 12 targets just isnt enough.

7 souls that will completely redirect aggro and sometimes even heal you, give shields, poison or disrupt are a better deal to save your own a**. And there is more, you can desecrate their bodies afterwards for 7 free health orbs, meaning SotD essentially costs nothing to be cast. Too bad it is just a diversion with terrible AI, i hoped more from an ultimate.

edit: #nekrossleepingmasterrace yea i said it, just need a few tweaks to a set of skills that are good on paper but execute VERY POORLY.

Edited by (PS4)DanteVincent

I dont have a hard time, i saw many many rhinos go down before my Nekros, in fact, it has been a very very long while since i died with him, he IS very effective, at doing the only thing he does, desecrating.

I can completely understand the effects of a 14s terrify that will affect up to 12 enemies in a 35m range : If lucky, it should save your a**, so nekros is good at desecrating, and with some lucky, occasionally, at saving his own a**.

Why do I keep saying your own a** rather than the teams? Because if your team is relying on a nekros to both desecrate and CC, I am very sorry for it. So I suppose that in a good team there is at least ONE of the many good CC warframes that will render your terrify not only obsolete but a pain in the a** for those who cant aim at a running chicken 30m away. If closer than that I suppose we are talking infested, and 12 targets just isnt enough.

7 souls that will completely redirect aggro and sometimes even heal you, give shields, poison or disrupt are a better deal to save your own a**. And there is more, you can desecrate their bodies afterwards for 7 free health orbs, meaning SotD essentially costs nothing to be cast. Too bad it is just a diversion with terrible AI, i hoped more from an ultimate.

edit: #nekrossleepingmasterrace yea i said it, just need a few tweaks to a set of skills that are good on paper but execute VERY POORLY.

Yeah, this just goes to continually highlight your idea that you need Narrow Minded to use Terrify. 

Edited by [DE]Drew
Edited to conform with the community rules

Yeah, this just goes to continually highlight your idea that you need Narrow Minded to use Terrify. That is to say, it highlights how horrifically underdeveloped your understanding of this game is.

Do feel free to contribute any coherent, relevant input. I see you have yet to touch upon something that meets this criteria.

LOL what in my second post even implies terrify needs narrow minded?

In my first post i said that IF you wanna go full CC your terrify will need narrow minded, meaning, you are the only warframe doing CC. A bizarre situation that shouldnt happen. Because you should be desecrating and leaving CC role to all the warframes that do it better than Nekros.

In my second post, that followed up your talk about a short duration Terrify, I take it as a self defense panic button, since you cant rely on RNG picking 12 enemies randomly in a 35m range to save your a**.

If anything, my second post highlights the need of intensify/blind rage so you can safely disable the enemy that is posing the biggest threat, rather than having a shot at it.

That is to say how horrifically underdeveloped your reading comprehension is.

Edited by (PS4)DanteVincent

LOL what in my second post even implies terrify needs narrow minded?

In my first post i said that IF you wanna go full CC your terrify will need narrow minded, meaning, you are the only warframe doing CC. A bizarre situation that shouldnt happen. Because you should be desecrating and leaving CC role to all the warframes that do it better than Nekros.

In my second post, that followed up your talk about a short duration Terrify, I take it as a self defense panic button, since you cant rely on RNG picking 12 enemies randomly in a 35m range to save your a**.

If anything, my second post highlights the need of intensify/blind rage so you can safely disable the enemy that is posing the biggest threat, rather than having a shot at it.

That is to say how horrifically underdeveloped your reading comprehension is.

Number of references I made to power strength: 0

I use power strength to maximize the armor reduction and number of Shadows. The armor reduction, also a point you manage to miss on Terrify, despite the constant ragging in regards to the ability. This would (seemingly) go without saying, but apparently there are some obvious points in regards to Nekros that you need to be educated on, primarily which is stat priority.

Really, all your spewing is about how corrupted mods reduce other stats. Overextend reduces power strength!? Get outta town! Because, as we all know, that's specific to Nekros! And new, refreshing input!

I use power strength to maximize the armor reduction and number of Shadows. The armor reduction, also a point you manage to miss on Terrify, despite the constant ragging in regards to the ability. 

To be fair though, the armor reduction isn't that great. I'd be happy to trade it in for less frustrating CC mechanics on Terrify.

all are great ideas

but... I don't want to run neckro's just to farm or keep health orbs up

The fact is he is awesome but lacking in powers period.

He only needs two powers worked on or edited--- Soul punch, and shadows of the dead--- terrify is already great, and everyone who runs neckros knows desecrate is handy for farming or helping your party survive if there isn't a trinity...

Don't knock pet mastery 'till you try it.

And no, there is nothing to say it would remove potential to fix his other skills. The outcries to adjust or remove skills like Soul Punch should very well highlight that Soul Punch just might have a problem worth looking into.

I've done pet mastery in other games. I tried it. If there was a pet master frame created, fine, but @(*()$ up my favorite frame for it is horrible.

Number of references I made to power strength: 0

I use power strength to maximize the armor reduction and number of Shadows. The armor reduction, also a point you manage to miss on Terrify, despite the constant ragging in regards to the ability. This would (seemingly) go without saying, but apparently there are some obvious points in regards to Nekros that you need to be educated on, primarily which is stat priority.

Really, all your spewing is about how corrupted mods reduce other stats. Overextend reduces power strength!? Get outta town! Because, as we all know, that's specific to Nekros! And new, refreshing input!

I made the reference to power strenght not you, it is my argument against terrify, you cant count on a limited amount of affected enemies and call it CC, get it? Actually, a great deal of problems would be solved if terrify didnt rely on power strenght to affect more enemies, Vaubans Bastille is completely understandable, but Terrify? Just no.

Sorry, it is beyond proven how useless armor reduction is and unless something really changed it still is. Meaning terrify isnt good as a debuff and just mediocre at CC seeing that it doesnt even affect every enemy threatening your team as it also cant be spammed.

Skipping this whole thing you say your build uses power strenght to maximize shadows of the dead and terrify. Certainly a fun build, i have on myself for fun purposes too, but it is completely rendered obsolete by a simple radial blind, why maximize SotD, Terrify, spend tons of energy, cluster everybodys screens with shadows, make enemies run like idiots making a headshots way harder to pull if a single radial blind at the cost of 25 energy is better?

SotD and Terrify are nothing special, other warframes do it better, so, why in the hell pick nekros for a job others can do better?

Which takes us to desecrate again, the only thing nekros can do and other cant, meaning it IS a must have on any nekros build, the fact that you maximize power strenght alone makes it impossible to spam desecrate, hence , playing nekros poorly.

As for corrupted mods, yeah, every warframe benefit from on at least, nekros benefits from none unles you use only 1 of his skills. They dont synergize well at all.

After leveling Nekros to 30 I couldn't believe how such a completely horrible character was created in a video game. In my 20 years of gaming I've never seen such a badly designed character in a video game.

Please completely revamp Nekros.

Edited by Kiaru

I've done pet mastery in other games. I tried it. If there was a pet master frame created, fine, but @(*()$ up my favorite frame for it is horrible.

Mess up your favorite frame? With all due respect, why should only your opinion outweigh everyone else's on this topic? Plenty of other people have Nekros, and many of them (Archwizard just happens to be the most proactive of the bunch) find him lackluster outside his 3, which really is tied to RNG.

Nekros isn't just about you and you only. Get off your high horse.