Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tradable Brakk Parts, Detron Parts, Stalker Weapons

ATentacleMonster

Edit 2: PLEASE READ 1 to 1 trading, not trading plat, mods,prime parts,etc

Edit 3: To make this even clearer I meant to swap parts for other parts that you don't have you can only trade the pieces for other pieces of the same set

Hi,  I'm new to the forums and this is going to be the first topic I'm going to create, so please don't eat me alive.

This game is an amazing game, however it has some flaws, mainly RNGeesus controls what drops for you. I understand the point of RNG and it makes this game and other games enjoyable. The feeling of spending time to farm for something and finally getting that one thing you always wanted. The time and effort spent makes that item special. People might agree or disagree with me on this but this is my opinion. Anyways to my point. 

I think Brakk parts, Detron parts, and Stalker weapons should be tradable. These hunters are suprising to find and quite enjoyable to fight, since they can take you off guard. But for the people who want these parts and/or weapons (like I do with some of the pieces of the Brakk *cough* reciever *cough*, it can be quite tedious to farm for. Having items drop from  RNG locks can be quite frustrating. At the same time though, making these parts purely tradeable would defeat the whole purpose of accomplishing something, again in my opinion.

So this is the solution I'm thinking of is to make the Harvester/Grustrag Three/Stalker weapons only tradable for other pieces/bluprints of the same weapon, or in the case of the stalker, the set. This still has the postive benefit  of people actually needing to fight the bosses, while alleviating some of the more stressful, I got 4x parts 5y parts but I just need 1z part but I keep getting X and Y parts. Detron Parts will be only tradable for Detron parts (1to1), Brakk Parts will be only tradable for Brakk parts (1to1), and Stalker weapon blueprints (1to1) with other stalker weapon blueprints. I think this will best help the frustration and rage that RNG can bring, while not totally making it worthless to farm these three hunters.

For people who are saying that I'm complaining about event exclusive weapons, I understand the frustration that people can have for spending so many hours and time for doing events. Still I think this in the future can also help solve other RNG/ farming problems. Feel free to rage, type really angrily, or express your opinions.

TL;DR Make DETRON PARTS TRADABLE FOR DETRON PARTS 1to1 and that only, Make BRAKK PARTS TRADEABLE FOR BRAKK PARTS 1to1 and that only, Make STALKER BLUEPRINTS TRADEABLE FOR STALKER BLUEPRINTS 1to1 and that only. SOLVES SKIPPING FARMING TO AN EXTENT. SOME OF US HAVE REALLY BAD LUCK

Edit 1: I think I might not have been clear enough. I meant that the parts would be tradeable in trade for only other parts and nothing else since that would give a change to get a part you need. When you trade you trade 1 brakk part for 1 brakk part and nothing else. 1 Detron part for another Detron Part and nothing else. 1 stalker weapon blueprint for another stalker weapon blueprint and nothing else.

Edited by TentacleMonster

Guys please read what I mean T_T, I meant that they should be tradable for other pieces in their set. Like I can only trade a Brakk bp for either 1 reciever or 1 barrel. A stalker dread blueprint for only a hate blueprint or despair blueprint, nothing else. Wouldn't that make people farm but enjoy not having rng making you angry?

I flip flop on this issue, but I think IF we made these tradable we should do my suggestion from back when people wanted prime trading.

Link the trades to an achievement. Kill the Harvester three times, and you get the "Harvester becomes the Harvested" achievement. Having that achievement unlocks the ability to trade Detron parts. This is similar to your concept of only trading parts for parts, where you have to kill the target, but it doesn't screw people over if they get no drops and still keeps the lazy plat buyer out of the loop until they've done a minimum of gameplay. 

I think this is how all trading should work in an action/rpg type game like this.

Edited by VKhaun

And for those who haven't met the harvester ever and would like some ?

I mean, I would kill for a Detron, but yet I am playing since U11, and yet I still haven't seen that damn zanukaish detron fed can. It's not the Harvester that we should call him, it's Bigfoot : the thing looks more like a urban legend to me.

Fortunately, I have Brakk parts, but I don't care about Brakk. That would be actually nice if I could trade my Brakk parts for a Detron part.

Edited by Einde

Those things have to be tradeable, just like Seer/Miter parts/BP (for who wants them), Vauban parts and all those melee weapon BPs (Glaive, Dual Zoren, Cronus, Dark Dagger etc.). Maybe the Stalker weapons and Vauban a bit less, since you can buy them in the market.

Personally, I'm playing this game for like nine months now and I still don't have the Despair. And I'm not gonna buy that what stalker? bundle.

Nope.

Even though I've been praying for a Hate drop ever since it was introduced to Stalkers drop pool.

It's still something you need to get, either on your own or with whomever is present when you get your surprise visit.

Every game needs at least a few things that are hard/nigh-impossible to get.

Those things have to be tradeable, just like Seer/Miter parts/BP (for who wants them), Vauban parts and all those melee weapon BPs (Glaive, Dual Zoren, Cronus, Dark Dagger etc.). Maybe the Stalker weapons and Vauban a bit less, since you can buy them in the market.

Personally, I'm playing this game for like nine months now and I still don't have the Despair. And I'm not gonna buy that what stalker? bundle.

Why make life easier for Wallet Warriors?

PS. Everyone gets a Cronus BP for their first Vor run. If you sold it, well then you can only blame yourself.

Even though I've been praying for a Hate drop ever since it was introduced to Stalkers drop pool.

Got a Hate BP, but I wanted a Despair BP. It would be so simple if I could trade it to you for a Despair BP... If you have one. No ?

Edited by Einde

Nope.

It's still something you need to get, either on your own or with whomever is present when you get your surprise visit.

Every game needs at least a few things that are hard/nigh-impossible to get.

Why make life easier for Wallet Warriors?

PS. Everyone gets a Cronus BP for their first Vor run. If you sold it, well then you can only blame yourself.

But the thing I'm suggesting is to just make stalker blueprints tradable for stalker blueprints. I think getting him to drop something is rare enough. We should atleast be able to get another blueprint if we are missing one last piece right? That would make hope you get 3 drops  of various weapons.

+1, such a well thought out, well written argument, everybody should be completely convinced by this mans wording

Same to the rest  who just put "no".

If people bothered reading (zomg reading, who does that?!) then they'd see he is saying trade parts for parts, so you could not trade it for platinum, or prime parts, or mods. 

Also the Brakk was never an event-exclusive, let alone exclusive.

I like how out of all the straight " no" post you like to point me out. anyways we all read the post, and the answer stays the same. no, the prime part trading is already dumb, and shouldn't be as so. So making obtaining these weapons easier would just make 95% of the community rage. So no, once again

Edited by SoulDust

Don't engage trolls. Click the report button and ask a mods to help. If you quote it becomes a conversation and you're just the other side. I've made the mistake before. Trying to get better about taking the bait around here.

Did you read like the second half of my post. implementomg such trade systems defeats the Rng aspect of this game. Stalker equips and now ,g3 detron etc whatever, ARE exclusive equips. so no matter in what way, they should not be able to be traded. This exact topic was already explained by devs so get over it. not happening "oh I don't have to farm, I'll just trade for everything now" please. give me a break. 

Edited by SoulDust

I understand that it is a valid arguement on making them tradable in a way the OP suggested, but there will always be players with NAT issues or anything similar that blocks them off from trade.

I'm more than certain there are people who play this solo and have a good time. Especially now that they can get an AI specter to help them out a bit.

Thus making this, which they work hard for, because of the challenge involved in soloing some of these guys, a bit unfair.

However, since these bosses are targeted towards a single player when they spawn, their drops could be made a bit more dynamic.

By that I mean, if the Stalkers target already has 1 of his 3 drops, then that 1 drop will reduce in drop chance and the reduced amount gets redistributed to the other 2 drops, thus making it a bit easier to get all 3 things. And, for instance, if you got the despair, but you only leveled and sold it, then after selling it, the "dynamic drop chance" would toggle despairs drop chance from the Stalker back to normal, because you are not in possession of it at that time.

It's a complex idea, but it's something I'd be more fine with.