Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Economy For Dummies

AlouetteSK

Question

I've been running a lot of void missions, and have quite a stock of Prime Blueprints. A friend suggested that I go to the Trade tab and market off some of these items. Problem is that I can't get a grasp on the worth of some of these things. Lurking on that channel makes it even more confusing. I've seen a Rhino Prime Helmet BP being sold for 15p, and 60p within about two windows. How do I figure out what is 'fair' in the market prices?

Also, for when dealing with mods, are the mods being sold maxed out or vanilla?

10 answers to this question

there is no "fair" price, an item costs as much as the other person is willing to pay. prices tend to gravitate to a specific number (say, rhino chassis often selling for 120-150p) but you still can find people selling for 80 or less, or buying for 200. it all depends on how much you're willing to wait.

most mods are dealt at 0 level, people with maxed ones use those, and the rank 10 mods can be sold usually between rank 7 to 10

Edited by (PS4)CrimsonShinku

It's basically whatever you want it to cost. There's a prevailing market rate, of course, but I see a lot of people who don't list their prices until you PM them and ask how much. I once got a rare mod for 5p that everyone else was asking 15-20p for, simply because nobody was publicly posting their prices and I just PM'ed five guys at once to compare cost.

If you're buying mods, most people will say if they're maxed or not. If in doubt, ask.

I've been running a lot of void missions, and have quite a stock of Prime Blueprints. A friend suggested that I go to the Trade tab and market off some of these items. Problem is that I can't get a grasp on the worth of some of these things. Lurking on that channel makes it even more confusing. I've seen a Rhino Prime Helmet BP being sold for 15p, and 60p within about two windows. How do I figure out what is 'fair' in the market prices?

Also, for when dealing with mods, are the mods being sold maxed out or vanilla?

Welcome to Trading chat my friend :)

Yes, Trading is very confusing. You never are gonna be able to figure out a fair market price, because people will buy and sell at completely opposite extremes. Those people are either trying to just sell off a lot of junk they don't need, or are trying to find a gullible person who doesn't feel like grinding, and is willing to pay the plat.

My advice is this,instead of worrying about what 'fair' market price, worry about what it is worth to you. You need a mod? Post that your willing to trade your parts for that mod. Plat? Figure out how much you need to get something you want, then post a couple varying prices to see if anyone is interested. Also, check trade tab at multiple different times, I was on last night about 12:30, managed to sell a Piercing hit for 15p.

Eventually, you will be able to sell your stuff, it's just gonna come down to how patient you are, and how much you feel stuff is worth to you

Someone wanted to buy my vigor for 150. Naturally being a veteran player I would feel bad for conning someone out of real life money so I gave them the standard price, but it really is a matter of how much the consumer is willing to spend.

Edited by UpgradeInProgress

The market fluctuates constantly, especially over a short amount of time.  The only way to evaluate the market is to be patient and watch it for a long period of time.  There are certainly trends where some items go for higher due to a low supply or get reduced due to too many sellers, but overall the market stays relatively constant.  You just need to observe the trends and use them to your advantage.  In truth, watching the chat logs is the only way to evaluate a price.  Just scroll through it and look for the items in question to understand their worth.  And yes, the trade chat absolutely sucks.