The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gwen Stacy Broke Up With Peter Parker [Spoiler]

AVEOX

Not really news. There was no way she was surviving a movie with both her and the Green Goblin in it.

Sadly that was probably the point.

My friends are going all OMG and I thought I was the only who knew about that, and I haven't even watch the movie yet.

JK. Just broke her spine or her head. And died.

Who else feel depressed.

I thought about posting this on "Players Helping Players" section because I need counseling.. T_T

Seriously, how  did she die though? :(

Was it the way her body bent upon web pull? cracking her spine? or did she bump her head before the web pull back?

The idea is that her neck snapped, but she clearly looked like she hit her head. And from that fall, that would have been a hard hit. Also, anyone complaining about spoilers, stop. Go read the comic. Any SM fan would know this is how Gwen ends up. Not the OP's fault some people are ignorant of Spider-man canon.

But I think the movie is just alright. Hate the villains. Hate the plot. The Green Goblin part at the end was short and didn't do it justice. And the skipping to 6 months later and the complete change in tone ruined the moment. Should've ended with the funeral.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

JK. Just broke her spine or her head. And died.

Who else feel depressed.

I thought about posting this on "Players Helping Players" section because I need counseling.. T_T

Seriously, how  did she die though? :(

Was it the way her body bent upon web pull? cracking her spine? or did she bump her head before the web pull back?

tumblr_mkaayyBoUP1rwr41jo1_400.gif

Not that I'm surprised (It's pretty much integral lore in Spiderman comics), but this is a spoiler for the movie...and as such, needs to abide by the 2 month spoiler rule.

And as for how? Her neck snapped from the newtonian force. The phrase "It's not the fall that kills you, but the sudden stop." comes to mind. As Peter stopped her body...her head decided to try to keep going, and ultimately, the link between them (her neck) gave way.

Edited by AscendantWyvern

Green Goblin was shoehorned it just because they wanted someone to die. Like I said, it's Spiderman 3 all over again.

Well Harry didn't exactly die. He was choked unconscious, I think. Besides, without his glider, bombs, and weapons he is pretty weak. The side effects of Peter's blood didn't actually turn him into something worse, it just made him look uglier.

The idea is that her neck snapped, but she clearly looked like she hit her head. And from that fall, that would have been a hard hit. Also, anyone complaining about spoilers, stop. Go read the comic. Any SM fan would know this is how Gwen ends up. Not the OP's fault some people are ignorant of Spider-man canon.

But I think the movie is just alright. Hate the villains. Hate the plot. The Green Goblin part at the end was short and didn't do it justice. And the skipping to 6 months later and the complete change in tone ruined the moment. Should've ended with the funeral.

It's so sad when I read that :(

I still can't get over it.... it just feels more depressing than the comic.

Also I thought Norman killed her in the comics? Not Harry?

Well Harry didn't exactly die. He was choked unconscious, I think. Besides, without his glider, bombs, and weapons he is pretty weak. The side effects of Peter's blood didn't actually turn him into something worse, it just made him look uglier.

I meant Gwen Stacy. Yeah, canonically she dies due to the Green Goblin, but he really doesn't server any other purpose in the film, and it is pretty wasteful.