Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The "lost Weapons" (And How To Reintegrate Them)

Seele

gorgon NEEDS to return, its one of the classic warframe weapons

Another excellent point which I may not have touched on (well enough) beforehand.

New players are going to see Scorpions with their machetes and Heavy Gunners with their Gorgons and wonder how they can get them for themselves.

If they're in a clan by then they may get the encouraging response, "Oh, you can't get that anymore, but I have one if you wanna see it".

But if they want to pretend to be a Corpus Crewman with Dera and Prova that option is afforded them. If they want to wield the power of the Corpus Tech's Supra, that's also possible.

There is a bad deal going on with warframe. Newer games coming yet they think its fine to steal from players and call it progress. If they had given me the jat kittag for free i would totally agree they have the right to take them away...

BUT I PAID REAL MONEY TO OBTAIN A JAT KITTAG SO ITS STEALING TO RUIN HOW IT WORKS. Might as well remove it as ruined function is the same as a missing weapon.

it about the culture of the team and they all seem distant and quick to belittle honest angry comments so i feel there is some hidden agenda..i.e. pump and dump

Bumping because I'll have Nami Solo to 30 by nightfall tomorrow and probably never use it again.

Another thing I've noticed of late is that I have never seen Snipetron, Machete, or Ether Daggers used by another player, I've seen Boar used once, and saw Gorgon for the first time today. Machete has another new replacement in the aforementioned Nami Solo which also has the unfortunate new-player-lockout that is an argon crystal requirement.

Bumping because I'll have Nami Solo to 30 by nightfall tomorrow and probably never use it again.

Another thing I've noticed of late is that I have never seen Snipetron, Machete, or Ether Daggers used by another player, I've seen Boar used once, and saw Gorgon for the first time today. Machete has another new replacement in the aforementioned Nami Solo which also has the unfortunate new-player-lockout that is an argon crystal requirement.

Fiddlesticks! and here i thought they found a roundabout for new-player machetes

Lanka is what the Snipetron was always supposed to be, and was taken out of the game as a matter of conflicting with the aesthetics and theme of the Corpus. They could have just skipped the Snipey Vandal event altogether and axed the weapon from the game entirely. Be happy they didn't, and stop bringing it up as part of these "return the retired weapons" arguments. Vulkar replaced snipetron's role as a rifle, and snipers are getting universally buffed down the line.

The rest of the weapons, while more debatable, remain DE's choice, and they are likely on the backburner until they decide upon how exactly to rework them.

Edited by Morveyn

Lanka is what the Snipetron was always supposed to be, and was taken out of the game as a matter of conflicting with the aesthetics and theme of the Corpus. They could have just skipped the Snipey Vandal event altogether and axed the weapon from the game entirely. Be happy they didn't, and stop bringing it up as part of these "return the retired weapons" arguments. Vulkar replaced snipetron's role as a rifle, and snipers are getting universally buffed down the line.

The rest of the weapons, while more debatable, remain DE's choice, and they are likely on the backburner until they decide upon how exactly to rework them.

I will never expect sympathy on this subject from a founder but I'll bite anyway.

Snipetron is a special case. It was a mistake from the beginning, clearly. But it's been handled so unprofessionally that I'm quite certain the devs themselves are unsure of what to do with it.

It was introduced as a mediocre weapon with a lazy name, but that's alright. Could've just though of a better name for it, maybe give it some utility buffs like reload speed or critical stats.

No. They removed it, claiming it "didn't match the lore" while Braton and Lato shared stifled snickers.

And not until after they removed it for not matching the lore, they re-released it ONCE, along with its upgraded version, making two exclusive weapons simultaneously.

Wrong. Answer.

I've offered a way to salvage the mess that would not pee in the cheerios of anyone stroking their egos over having the exclusive Snipetron Vandal. A simple reskin should appease the lore conflicts while maintaining the weapon's function and removing its visual similarity to its spiritual successor, the Lanka.

Speaking of, you claim Lanka is "what the Snipetron was always supposed to be". Then pray tell why was Snipetron not removed from the game as soon as Lanka was released? Why was it not stripped from every inventory and the mastery rank experience from using it revoked? Because that would be more work than sweeping it under the rug, right?

That would have been a more appropriate response, however, it's not too late to fix it and I have yet to hear a reasonable objection to my proposed idea to do so. But leaving it in this limbo, this awkward state between existence and non-existence, may seem acceptable to someone who owns it, but it is positively disgraceful and needs to be addressed.

Edited by Seele

The deal with the Boar is that its model sucks epically. It's a Strun with an unanimated drum magazine, model clipping galore, and no special reload animation. I have it and when I was leveling it, I was literally cringing how bad it is. I can totally see the argument of quality for that one. Reworking that would basically be like making a whole new gun in terms of art workload, so I can see why it's on the backburner. There's just so much wrong with it.

I can also see the argument for removing the Snipetron - it doesn't fit corpus aesthetic in terms of being a bullet shooter instead of pew pew plasma, and it shares a model with the Lanka. Granted the corpus do clearly manufacture the Braton for the export market and that's a bullet shooter so the lore argument is somewhat faulty, but having multiple guns with identical models but wildly different handling traits is a bad thing, so I can see why they pulled it. 'Course, they've also said that all non-founder exclusives have gone into the Disney DE vault to be reintroduced in the future, so I wouldn't be surprised if it came back in the future.

The gorgon didn't get removed at all, just made harder to acquire. Which is arguably a mistake, but it's still possible to get, so I don't really feel it belongs in the same discussion with actual retired weapons. I've got bazillions of gorgon BPs that I'll never use from login rewards.

Machete used to have horrible poor animations that were terrible, so I can understand why that one was removed too. Of course, with melee 2.0 and the stance system this is less of an issue since animation overrides are a thing now, so I wouldn't be surprised if the machete came back. Also, machete has a really cool pulsing effect on the blade which the machete wraith lacks, and that's sad. :(

The only one I can't fathom the removal of is the ether daggers. I've got 'em, there's no obvious model flaws, the anims didn't seem particularly bad, and they are hella fun to use, being basically dual swords that can use dual dagger stances in terms of stats.

Why was it stripped from every inventory and the mastery rank experience from using it revoked?

Because players hate when their things - things they might have spent plat on - are taken away. Same reason why arcane helmets still exist. It's terrible PR to take things from player inventories unless its absolutely necessary. N

Not necessarily disagreeing that some things should come back (Ether daggers, gorgon, maybe machete, maybe snipetron), but just that I can see DE's argument for some of them.

Because players hate when their things - things they might have spent plat on - are taken away. Same reason why arcane helmets still exist. It's terrible PR to take things from player inventories unless its absolutely necessary. N

Not necessarily disagreeing that some things should come back (Ether daggers, gorgon, maybe machete, maybe snipetron), but just that I can see DE's argument for some of them.

Those players also consented to an end user license agreement, admitting that they own absolutely nothing in this game but the platinum they purchase, and that Digital Extremes holds every right to, on a whim, reset every account in the game to MR0 with nothing but the starter kit and the platinum associated with the account in question.

There's also nothing wrong with "bad" weapons. We still have plenty of them and more are being added every month. Boar's current model may be terrible but there's already a Boar Prime for it to be based on, so they have a pretty limited parameter for editing. I suggested making a new model for Snipetron prior to its reintegration. Gorgon, I mentioned, it's still acquirable but in an arbitrarily idiotic way. Your reasoning for Machete you admitted yourself no longer applies. And with the ether daggers you concur.

Edited by Seele