The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Change Elemental Resistance Mods To Add Elemental Damage

D1398342003

My idea is basically what it says on in the title, make the elemental resistance mods also add elemental damage to applicable warframe powers. 

For example; Antitoxin and Lightning Rod together would add 105% corrosive damage to the warframe's powers.

This would massively change a lot of power using builds, and make the elemental resistance mods useful to the Tenno. As they stand now, only laser resistance is viable, and only against the Corpus. Laser, Fire, toxin, ice, and electric resistance mods aren't valuable except in very unique circumstances. 

EDIT: Thank you Seele, I'd forgotten that Corpus weapons were now primarily physical damage, not laser as in damage 1.0.

Edited by D1398342003

Uhm, no. Those mods should be added and resistance mods should become something viable and stay separate.

How could Antitoxin add toxic damage? The idea of applying additional elemental damage to Warframe's abilities is good though.

Edited by Krotalon

The problem with resistance mods isn't their effectiveness, or drain, or any of that, it's that there's simply no room on a warframe for them. Slanting for offense serves each and every warframe better than defense - not to say Vitality and Redirection are not used pervasively, but almost always only on frames with polarities to accommodate them.

And that's really it. Why gain resistance to a single damage type which one faction may or may not use against you, or may even only be a partial damage type of a single attack? Padding shields, health, and armor is universal and generally more effective.

I'd suggest turning resistance mods into auras myself. Give the frames with D aura polarities more options than Rejuvenate, and benefit the team.

Uhm, no. Those mods should be added and resistance mods should become something viable and stay separate.

How could Antitoxin add toxic damage? The idea of applying additional elemental damage to Warframe's abilities is good though.

He probably just means replacing them, though I see what you mean.

This is a really interesting idea, I have to admit. It could give people options that were never available before.

As they stand now, only laser resistance is viable, and only against the Corpus. Fire, toxin, ice, and electric resistance mods aren't valuable except in very unique circumstances. 

I also have to go ahead and correct this. Most Corpus weapons deal pure physical damage (Puncture from Dera, Slash from Flux Rifle, etc)

The only weapon which common enemies wield that inflicts Radiation damage is the Detron, wielded only to my knowledge by white-clad Crewmen on the Jupiter-exclusive Gas City tileset.

Also void lasers.

Edited by Seele

I think that they could rename Antitoxin to something that would imply both immunity and damaging capacity. 

I don't think that there are enough threats that use elemental weapons to bother even putting these on as auras. Apart from the eximus, fire is used by a total of two enemies IIRC, toxin by three, ice by none, laser/radiation by one (and orokin traps), and elec by two including arcmines. 

There is no legitimate reason to put these on a frame, when there are useful mods to put on.

Adding new elemental mods for warframe power damage will not make the existing resistance mods useful.