The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Penta And Ogris Punch-Through Mechanics

Luther848

Ogris and Shred

I recently started using the Ogris rocket launcher and it was pretty great. Except it took way too long to charge, which I fixed with a Speed Trigger and Shred. So I then proceed to play go on a Grineer Red Veil Rescue and someone set off the alarms and we were fighting the Grineer Warden and then bad things started happening. First when I fired at the Grineer Warden the rocket passed right through her head and continued until it hit the far wall. The worst part was that it only did around 500 damage. Next I did a Infested Invasion Mission on a Corpus Defense Tile and the rocket passed through the walkway to the left of the Cryo Tenno. It then failed to hit 50% of the enemies and just hit the wall behind them.

Would it be possible to fix the Ogris so that it will pass through inanimate objects but explode upon enemy contact.  

I have the opposite problem with the Penta instead of passing through enemies like proper punch-through mechanics it still bounces off of enemies and I really hoped to get the grenade stuck in someone so that I could blow them up from the inside.

the whole point of punch through is to pass through stuff, this includes enemies.

Now clearly it does not work well for rocket launchers and I don't think they need any special treatment.

If anything I'm surprised the rocket isn't exploding inside the ground/wall as it should.

Edited by CubedOobleck

the whole point of punch through is to pass through stuff, this includes enemies.

Now clearly it does not work well for rocket launchers and I don't think they need any special treatment.

If anything I'm surprised the rocket isn't exploding inside the ground/wall as it should.

Well the thing is that the Glaive/Kestrel has a different punch-through mechanic even though it's still punch-through, so maybe they can change the codes a bit for it to work with the explosives in the way TC suggested?

Well the thing is that the Glaive/Kestrel has a different punch-through mechanic even though it's still punch-through, so maybe they can change the codes a bit for it to work with the explosives in the way TC suggested?

Glaive and kestrel are melee weapons and they don't even use punchthrough mods tho. And yes, I'm sure DE could tweak the code, I'm just saying imo they shouldn't bother.

I prefer the consistency where a mod always does the same thing on every weapon and if that backfires on a couple weapons... so be it.

There are other mods that only go well on certain weapons like status mods and critical mods, are we going to change those too so they act special on weapons with bad status and critical stats?

Finally, I don't think that the ogris and penta need special treatment, they are already among the best weapons in the game.

Edited by CubedOobleck