Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Napalms Op

EnyuStar

The way I see it Napalms and other enemies with explosive attacks need the following changes:

-There needs to be a limit to far explosive weapons can "punch through" cover. It's understandable if you get hit behind a thin rail, but we shouldn't be getting knocked down from the other side of a 5m thick wall or rock. Perhaps a punch through limit of 1-2m?

-It would be nice if they finally got around to making the visuals for explosives actually match the range of the blast (at least for the Napalm).

-Is there any damage/status chance fall off for being on the periphery of the blast rather than a direct hit? I honestly haven't noticed but since the Penta and Ogris deal full damage regardless of how far the enemy was from the impact I imagine enemies follow a similar logic. They should really change it so that you take less damage and have a smaller chance to suffer blast/fire damage procs if you at least attempted to dodge it, given how accurate explosives are and how generous their blast range is it makes all these fancy ninja moves we *should* be able to use to avoid this stuff with feel redundant since we just end up taking full damage and getting knocked down/taking excessive fire damage anyway.

Idk about the Penta but im fairly sure the Ogris does less damage on the edge of its explosion

You know this is the kind of crap that makes me want to stay away from the forums. Kids that are unable to beat a simple enemy because they refuse to think, and then they cry about it on the forums until daddy- i mean, DE - nerfs it for them so that they don't need to learn how to dodge or take cover or airkick the Napalms or use a frame with CC or use a frame with a protection ability.

Just learn to play you crybaby, people like you are the reason this game is already extremely easy. Reminds me of when the arc traps in the Rescue 2.0 mission were nerfed because people couldn't avoid them, god f***ing damn i need to leave this place

lol, you cry baby. what kinda mod did you put in your rhino prime or are you exaggerating? i personally run a rhino prime myself and i can tank 3-4 shots with my iron skin at a times, granted i wasn't an idiot and let them hit me point blank in the face. Come on, the shot is so slow that you can run all the way across the room before it land, tip is to fight them from afar so their shots are easier to dodge.

YOU SHAME LORD RHINO PRIME YOU WIMP.

Both of you arent helping at all with these responses

Be productive

u arent helping either o.O you want the game to be nerfed even further?? o.O

Napalms are fine how they are though im somewhat bothered by the extreme gap between them and weaker grineer units who are honestly pathetic by comparison

But starting off with "Your a crybaby" or a "kid" isnt exactly helping anything

Rhino player cries for Napalm nerf. lol

Then Loki player write they dont have a 4 button and have more the bad card against Napalms. more lol

Whats next?

Napalms are good the way they are.No Nerf needed.I dont have problems with them in any Warframe.Best advice is ...................tatatatatatta Use your abilities. :)

Rhino stomp boom boom peng and dead problem solved.

Radial disarm boom boom peng and dead problem solved.

Edited by K0bra

Nope Nyx with a Dread or paris prime

Just mind control or chaos them and one shot all of them >:)

#Nyxmasterrace

Or bring Excalibutt with you and Blind them like there's no tomorrow

Then you can just kill them with any weapon you got without having to worry about they're explosives o3o

#ExcalMasterRace

Or bring both Excal and Nyx for ultimate Chaos Blind and win the entire game

#NyxcaliburMasterRace

As much as I tried to dodge the projectiles it seemed like they were still hitting me from a good distance from the explosion.

That's the issue! You're trying to dodge the projectiles. That's not how you do it. If you're playing a Frame that cannot stun or disable Napalms in any safe way, stay about 30m away and take them out with an accurate weapon and well-placed headshots.

Wait, you were using a Rhino and you had trouble? Rhino Charge alone would have wiped out a lot of its health and also knocked it down, allowing you to kill it with ease. If the threat was really serious, you could have used Rhino Stomp for the same effect. But you actually allowed yourself to get hit multiple times, even though you can definitely use one of these abilities in the amount of time taken for the Napalm to fire one shot.

Hell, with your Iron Skin preventing you from being knocked down and eating damage, you could have knocked it down your melee weapon. As Sixty5 said, it only fires once the previous shot has landed. That's plenty of time to act.

You know this is the kind of crap that makes me want to stay away from the forums. Kids that are unable to beat a simple enemy because they refuse to think, and then they cry about it on the forums until daddy- i mean, DE - nerfs it for them so that they don't need to learn how to dodge or take cover or airkick the Napalms or use a frame with CC or use a frame with a protection ability.

Just learn to play you crybaby, people like you are the reason this game is already extremely easy. Reminds me of when the arc traps in the Rescue 2.0 mission were nerfed because people couldn't avoid them, god f***ing damn i need to leave this place

You're not helping the situation either, you god damned hypocrite. You're crying about a crybaby. In fact, that's what I'm doing right now

Be more constructive, at the very least. Your comment is lacks intelligence and reeks of idiocy. 

Stay off the forums kid. No one wants you here.

You're not helping the situation either, you god damned hypocrite. You're crying about a crybaby. In fact, that's what I'm doing right now

Be more constructive, at the very least. Your comment is lacks intelligence and reeks of idiocy. 

Stay off the forums kid. No one wants you here.

Be more constructive? I already explained how to beat Napalms:

"[...] so that they don't need to learn how to dodge or take cover or airkick the Napalms or use a frame with CC or use a frame with a protection ability..."

I could've made it more polite? Yes. Would it change anything? Nope. He wasn't asking for a guide, he was asking for a nerf. He doesn't care about how do you beat Napalms, he just want's them to be nerfed. But you want constructive posts? You got them:

Are Napalms OP? - by Neon Angel

No. They're not. They're easy enemies, just like most of Warframe unfortunately. How to deal with them? Let's think about their abilities first:

- Melee range AoE knockdown. Like most heavies, if you approach them you'll get knocked down guaranteed.

- Ranged, slow-moving fire rockets that deal splash damage upon impact, and leave a fire patch where they hit. 

Okay. Now that we know how they fight, let's think of how we can adapt:

- Constitution, a Nightmare mod, gives you both Knockdown Recovery and Power Duration, making it a very useful mod. This may give you an edge against Napalms, if you get knocked down. Flame Repellant gives you protection against their fire patches, and Rush makes you move around faster allowing you to dodge and avoid better. Speaking of which...

- Dodge. Their fire rockets are slow. Just dodge, run and parkour around ; I mean, we're space ninjas aren't we? You're also immune to knocks of all kinds when rolling, including Corpus laser doors. Better bind up a key to dodge-roll huh? Stay mobile and you won't get hit.

- Endure the rockets. Dodging and avoiding is one way to survive them, but simply enduring the rockets also work... if you have a frame that supports that. Rhino's Iron Skin renders you immune to knock as long as it's active. Trinity's Link does not only make you immune to the knocks and damage, but transfers the damage to enemies around - effectively making the Napalms do the work for you. Trinny's Blessing and Valkyr's Hysteria also makes you immune to those, i believe. Saryn's Molt and Loki's Decoy may also distract the Napalms to buy you more time, and Nyx may also put them to work for you.

- Interrupt the Napalms. They can't hurt you if they're controlled, correct? Vauban's Bastille, Zephyr's Tornado, Nova's Molecular Prime, Valkyr's Paralysis/Warcry... everything goes. 

- KILL THEM. They're priority targets. Stop wasting your time with Lancers and aim for the Napalms. Much like Bombards, Napalms are weak against Radiation damage and puncture. Equip accordingly. 

- Avoid getting on melee range. They will knock you down with their AoE ability. If you're fast, you can airkick them (crouch during jumping) which will knock them down for a few seconds, usually time enough for you to escape or do a finisher.  Wyrm is a very good Sentinel to back you up on this case, pretty much making all Heavies vulnerable fat babies if you get close to them thanks to his AoE knock. 

There. In other words: Learn to play. Don't expect DE to adapt the game for you, instead adapt yourself to the game. Hone your skills. We're Tenno, we're the perfect predators - and predators in nature only thrive if they adapt. 

ikillyou8196, you do not speak for the community when you say "nobody wants me here". You only speak for yourself. The moderation team and I are responsible for my behaviour and presence here, not you. 

Idk about the Penta but im fairly sure the Ogris does less damage on the edge of its explosion

Both of you arent helping at all with these responses

Be productive

what do you want us to do? the guy is asking about the easiest grineer unit to dodge and kill, they are not a problem alone. trust me, i have done that invasion he spoken about. no scorpion there, how the hell do you explain getting shot 3 times in the face?

what is more of a problem, he has rhino prime which my now he should be use to dealing with napalms, unless he bought the thing which is another warframe discussion entirely that i will not touch on in this thread

they are one of the more memorable grineer unit out there, getting blasted when you were a newby surely did drill the idea into your head of not getting and make you figure a way to deal with it, which many people have pointed out before me. sometime you just gotta man up and play the damn game. i generally like being helpful and productive but that depend on the dumbness of the question

Edited by Hieulelam

The only problem I have with napalm is their explosion is larger than it looks and it can easily kill your sentinel. I think the actual visual is what needs changed the most.

bombards can do with less homing in though I mean seriously that thing turns on a dime.