The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Impossible Frame Rate Spikes With Hydroid's Tentacle Swarm

Mirriky

I was doing infested survivals on earth using hydroid, and every now and then when I had my ult active my framerate would go from 60fps to 4 frames over 10 seconds (resulting in a allies death since I could not reach them)

This happened constantly throughout the mission, it would be fine for a while then it would just stop. This is the first time I have experienced significant lag on my computer and probably has something to do with ancients being stretched from one end of the map to another.

I don't expect an instant fix but with everything ragdolling at once (which is incredible fun) the framerate will take a bullet to the leg every now and then. If this could get optimised further or possibly implement a 'kill switch' when x amount of body parts have a distance of 6 meters between themselves, the model gets deleted.

This is coming from someone with very little experience so I apologise if it sounds stupid.

Just to reiterate, I have seen enemies go flying in every direction before but it's only with hydro it affects frame rate.

Thanks

Edited by cam-o-flage20

I don't expect an instant fix but with everything ragdolling at once (which is incredible fun) the framerate will take a bullet to the leg every now and then. If this could get optimised further or possibly implement a 'kill switch' when x amount of body parts have a distance of 6 meters between themselves, the model gets deleted.

This is coming from someone with very little experience so I apologise if it sounds stupid.

dampeners on the physics of the ragdolls would also help, so that they are always losing velocity.

i'm starting to wonder - how high are your settings? 

it's Warframe, they don't make much a difference. Texture and Shadow Memory are the two settings that actually make much of a difference, with Resolution being one other, ofcourse. Tesselation is a difference for low end GPU's, but not for most others.

almost none of the 'things' that cause performance losses in Warframe are things which can be modified by settings.

i'm starting to wonder - how high are your settings? 

Max.

I don't get frame rate issues in any other game

So when I get 0.4 of a frame per second I start to worry.

Edited by cam-o-flage20