Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur 2.0 - We Are Almost There!

r0ckwolf

Can i remind you that nobody, including you, knows at the moment how much damage we´ll deal with the new rework! You´ll might end up doing more then before the RB nerf, i´ll advise patience and good faith regarding this. ;)

You are right that RB has been heavily nerfed multiple times, there is no denying that, but with the stealth multiplier i´d say it´s been done with some justification. We are not stealthy at all, when standing in front a major hit squad and blinding them. I guess the reason they took removed the multiplier is simply because the Ability did just too much for 50 Energy at the same time!

Just let the originall traits of Radial BLind sink in for a moment:

• 15 second complete incapacitation of all Enemys in a 25 m radius!

• 400% more damage to all Enemys hit with melee during this state!

• No Cooldown!

• Energy Cost of ONLY 50!

That´s one crazy Ability dude! I do miss it too, but i can understand the nerfs!

What DE wanted to nerf was the CC.

Not the damage. The damage component wasn't even looked at in the first place.

Even with current RB wonky mechanics, you still can get 400% damage multiplier if you waited a little longer after the blind went off successfully (hope you play solo, otherwise your teammate will have dakka your prey !).

This new fix reduces the melee damage Excal can put out tremendously unless he has his new ultimate out.

Which means you again will be FORCED to you a weapon that you might not necessary like.

That is my biggest beef with Hysteria, you are forced to claws if you want a great melee boost multiplier. 

At least War Cry specced Valkyr still give a straight DPS boost to non-hysteria Valkys. In the form of slowing down enemies for combos and speeding up your combos.  And I am free to use any weapon I like. 30% attack speed boosted by power strength works for any weapon, the nice armor bonus to get in close and the slow. I'm fine with that.

This finishers locks you into an animation for 1 to 2 seconds and slowly killing 1 target. Unless DE can pull of Excal doing something like Arkham Batman and killing multiple targets (which I don't think they can) at a time, i don't see how can the finisher be fast at all. Or even comparable to a WC Valkyr running around with Orthos Prime or Scindo Prime.

Edited by fatpig84

The real problem is taking out high armor targets. The rest dies quickly enough if you mod your weapon right.

Finisher dmg > 4x multiplier

Go fight some level 80 enemies.

I fight a sh1t ton of enemies above level 80 since I routinely play 1 hour T3/T4 survivals.

Armor what armor ? Do you use 4x Corrosive projection ?

Edit: And I already said it before, old RB already let's you do Finisher attacks on top of a 400% multiplier!

So what's your point again ?

Edited by fatpig84

I fight a sh1t ton of enemies above level 80 since I routinely play 1 hour T3/T4 survivals.

Armor what armor ? Do you use 4x Corrosive projection ?

Edit: And I already said it before, old RB already let's you do Finisher attacks on top of a 400% multiplier!

So what's your point again ?

Do it solo

The damage multiplier from Radial Blind is not it´s defining trait and it´s removal is not a crippling nerf at all. The new way of opening enemys for Finisher with it seems a lot more apropiate to me, regardless of efficency or Enemy armor.

Again, synergy is the key here! RB is still an amazing CC Ability, what has changed is that you have to be in the midst of the fight now, instead of standing somewhere in a corner, blinding everything 3 Rooms ahead.

Currently it is neither desirable nor rewarding with Excalibur to stand in the midst fo things, with the upcoming changes it most likely will be, so let´s wait and see how "effective" RB will be then!

The damage multiplier from Radial Blind is not it´s defining trait and it´s removal is not a crippling nerf at all. The new way of opening enemys for Finisher with it seems a lot more apropiate to me, regardless of efficency or Enemy armor.

Again, synergy is the key here! RB is still an amazing CC Ability, what has changed is that you have to be in the midst of the fight now, instead of standing somewhere in a corner, blinding everything 3 Rooms ahead.

Currently it is neither desirable nor rewarding with Excalibur to stand in the midst fo things, with the upcoming changes it most likely will be, so let´s wait and see how "effective" RB will be then!

What I will do now is, I will just wait for DE and see how they further do this with Excal,

All I see is a nerf to excal raw damage with RB, however the mobile RB might (if they use an LOS similar to mesa) make for great CC, I grant you that. 

But everything else, I shall wait and see.

I must say that every change that will make excal closer to sworman will be welcome. When i pick Excalibur i want to kill with a sword not mindlesly spam his aoe ulti with extreme range....

I hope we will get something similary melee viable to valkyr but in some ways more knightish;p

Edited by Kripion

I must say that every change that will make excal closer to sworman will be welcome. When i pick Excalibur i want to kill with a sword not mindlesly spam his aoe ulti with extreme range....

I hope we will get something similalary melee viable to valkyr but in some ways more knightish;p

We will Bro! ^^ 

snip

Who even said that the Stealth Multiplier was being removed? I don't believe we were told that. 

I was under the assumption that they'd only be opened up to Finishers during the initial stun period, so boom, I can go & take out that level 85 Bombard. Then once the stun is over, Stealth Multipliers will be applied accordingly, like now.

Besides, even if it is removed, I only found it useful for enemies maybe level 60+. Prior to that, any enemies that were an initial threat were dead before the Stealth Multiplier is even applied.

True he does, but he´s restricted to it in use of those Powers, which you know are pretty undewhelming at the moment and aside from using the Sword are not really pushing the "Swordframe" Theme forward.

As I have said before: the primary thing holding Excalibur back from playing as a melee frame is that he lacks the capability to excel in melee range. Other frames have some way to make it work as their stats and powers create enough resilience, trickery, crowd control or some mixture of those things. Excalibur needs an increase in melee viability to the point where he can excel there. There are many ways to do that.

One might disagree that Excalibur is a Swordframe, but more a "Jack of all Trades" and i find your arguments towards that case convincing to some degree, however i personally find a more melee focused ability design simply more interesting and fun to use. So i guess on that part we simply have to agreee to disagree. :)

That's the thing. Why is it either "melee frame" OR "jack of all trades"? Why does he have to be just one or the other? 

http://img.pandawhale.com/82733-why-not-both-meme-5LvD.jpeg

Edited by Ronyn

I have an idea that I have posted before but maybe it would belong here better. I think it compliments the ideas you already have so please consider adding it to the OP r0ckwolf:

Make more use of the Combo Multiplier. His augments already help to feed the hit counter and multiplier, so make it more central to Excalibur. His armor could be a base number multiplied by the Combo Multiplier. This would give him bonus defense for meleeing. Also his damaging powers like Slash Dash and Radial Javelin could work the same way. The base damage of each would be lowered, but it would then be multiplied by his Combo Multiplier. Not only would this reward him for meleeing, but it would also make it so that Radial Javelin had to be charged by melee to make it powerful. This would keep people from spamming it while still keeping it useful. I think his speed should also be affected by the multiplier for added effect. This plus the mobility of Slash Dash would allow him to get to enemies fast enough to keep his multiplier up and therefore his attack and defense bonuses. He would start off relatively normal but then would build up momentum by meleeing making him increasingly effective at it.

I'd also like to point out that if Excalibur is going to be a melee frame, he's going to need a way to resist knockdowns. Otherwise Heavies and Eximi will rip him a new one when he comes at them.

Edited by jmforeman02

Just throwing out an idea: what if you could not equip a melee weapon and it would default to excal's energy sword and possibly you could mod that sword with the melee mods?

That a troll? xD Ronyn's going to disagree. Me too actually.

Omg no ! i super jump was very funny and not tht crap...As i posted in another topic, ogris plus super jump is enjoyable and still efficient in large room...

And you dont have to sacrifice efficiency( 104%)/range (100%) or too much power duration (65%) power (294%). I would have removed radial javelin totally...

I am so sad right now, going to commit sudoku, adieu.

Edited by The-Matrix

Omg no ! i super jump was very funny and not tht crap...As i posted in another topic, ogris plus super jump is enjoyable and still efficient in large room...

And you dont have to sacrifice efficiency( 104%)/range (100%) or too much power duration (65%) power (294%). I would have removed radial javelin totally...

I am so sad right now, going to commit sudoku, adieu.

su·do·ku
so͞oˈdōko͞o/
noun

1. a puzzle in which players insert the numbers one to nine into a grid consisting of nine squares subdivided into a further nine smaller squares in such a way that every number appears once in each horizontal line, vertical line, and square.

Have fun playing your board games. 

Unless, of course, you mean seppuku.

Edited by Rexlars

su·do·ku

so͞oˈdōko͞o/

noun

1. a puzzle in which players insert the numbers one to nine into a grid consisting of nine squares subdivided into a further nine smaller squares in such a way that every number appears once in each horizontal line, vertical line, and square.

Have fun playing your board games. 

Unless, of course, you mean seppuku.

He does mean seppuku, that's the joke. It's a meme, m8. He knows what seppuku is, I hope, because that is the foundation of that popular meme where someone mistakenly says "I'm going to commit Sudoku," instead of using the proper vocabulary.

Just throwing out an idea: what if you could not equip a melee weapon and it would default to excal's energy sword and possibly you could mod that sword with the melee mods?

That a troll? xD Ronyn's going to disagree. Me too actually.

heh. 

If it worked where by choosing to not slot a melee weapon...then the energy sword filled the empty slot and could be modded...

Because then you're essentially choosing the energy sword instead of being forced to use it.  

I would be interested in exploring that.

EDIT: Now that I think about it. We could just give Excalibur access to a melee weapon in his inventory that no other frame can use. Just like how the Helios Sentinel can use the decunstructor weapon but no other sentinel can.

Edited by Ronyn

heh. 

If it worked where by choosing to not slot a melee weapon...then the energy sword filled the empty slot and could be modded...

Because then you're essentially choosing the energy sword instead of being forced to use it.  

I would be interested in exploring that.

EDIT: Now that I think about it. We could just give Excalibur access to a melee weapon in his inventory that no other frame can use. Just like how the Helios Sentinel can use the decunstructor weapon but no other sentinel can.

This I can certainly agree with. :o That would be pretty darn awesome. Looots of stuff you could play around with mechanically.

This I can certainly agree with. :o That would be pretty darn awesome. Looots of stuff you could play around with mechanically.

Aw geeze now I want to be able to access Valkyr's claws and Mesa's guns like that.

To mod them as I see fit!