Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Ideas. Feel Free To Chime In

so me and a few ppl were talking about infested and what would be awesome for them to have.

so first lets be honest. infested are easy and have little to no challenge. so what would be best is that anytime the infested are in an area that it be pitch black i mean PITCH BLACK! meaning that the only light you have is you and your teams sentinel flashlights be the only source of light and vision in the place. much like Dead Space. literally no light at all not even gamma lighting. turn infested into a game where taking it slow and listening for sounds is the only way to fight the infested. also revamp infested to where they are clearly distinct in sound that way you can hear and know exact what is around the corner. more or less adding the horror and dread of the infested back. i mean they are creatures devoid of a soul and really are just feral monsters who lurk in darkness. give them a feeling that fits that description.

second: give a little more of a distance play to the infested. something that can crawl walls and roofs and can spit/shoot projectile acid at you and your team.

third: correct me if a wrong but infested are mutated humans am i right? so assuming this is true just because they are feral now doesn't mean they have lost their humanity altogether. so give some of the infested like 1 in every 30 infested has a shotty semi-broken cloaking device that never can really fully cloak the infested causing them to randomly phase between cloaking and visible. causing the infested to yes have a large lack of distance (aside from the previous request) but what they don't have in distance they make up for in swarm, stealth, and fear. then you can have a tile set like the derelict or similar that then has ambient screams of the different infested creatures to make players keep on their toes.

for example

imagine that your walking down an infested(version) grineer ship devoid of light and the only light you have is your sentinel. as you walk down the halls of this abandon ship stealth-ing around looking for a rescue target who in the commotion of the infested invasion was forgotten by the grineer. as you walk around the ship you hear echoing snarls and screams as well as foot steps. when you turn the corner you fire at the first infested you see(ancient disruptor) this disruptor screeches alerting a few rooms of enemies to your presence causing a flood of enemies for 5ish minutes as you hold off the infested the ship levels out and the enemies stop attacking causing you to stealth around again. you head forward to the part of the ship holding the prisoner. right before the holding cell there's another ancient standing there docile completely unaware of your presence. you then sneak up behind him and stealth kill him. then after have your team free the prisoner and then you stealth back carefully removing any infested in the path as to not alert others to you and your teams presence while moving towards extraction getting through to extraction you leave there for finishing the mission.

This game is too fast paced for this to be of any value. Adding something like this would require complete rework of one faction and how their missions play.

I only foresee falling off the map every 5 seconds and rage quitting because you are forced to play completely different playstyle that you are used to.

This game is too fast paced for this to be of any value. Adding something like this would require complete rework of one faction and how their missions play.

I only foresee falling off the map every 5 seconds and rage quitting because you are forced to play completely different playstyle that you are used to.

the play style would be a bit of a change but your telling me "run and gun" is all that warframe can and should do. that's repetitive and boring and in all honesty if thats all WF is good for then the devs think way to lowly of their own game. that would give the factions less point to even existing. think about any other multi faction game. Halo for example. all factions in there were very different and caused for you to change the way you work in order to pass them. infested and halo's flood are different in some ways but very similar in alot of ways. think about it most flood are taken slowly till they get alerted to you being there then its a bunch of "oh F*** oh F*** oh F***" because they are scary as all hell and menacing. infested can be the same exact way and should be.

even in survival. where your objective is always moving. it would promote the idea of being a team and watching your back and not straying from your team for fear of death. all while moving from Life support to Life support. every mission type is completely doable and promotes team play rather then trying to be a 1man show. because at the rate this game is going. its going to be selfish gameplay and 1 trick ponies. which is disappointing to say the least.

Edited by Party_Rock_Crew

the play style. would be a bit of a change but your telling me "run and gun" is all that warframe can and should do. that's repetitive and boring and in all honesty if thats all WF is good for then the devs think way to lowly of their own game. that would give the factions less point to even existing. think about any other multi faction game. Halo for example. all factions in there were very different and caused for you to change the way you work in order to pass them. infested and halo's flood are different in some ways but very similar in alot of ways. think about it most flood are taken slowly till they get alerted to you being there then its a bunch of "oh F*** oh F*** oh F***" because they are scary as all hell and menacing. infested can be the same exact way and should be.

even in survival. where your objective is always moving. it would promote the idea of being a team and watching your back and not straying from your team for fear of death. all while moving from Life support to Life support. every mission type is completely doable and promotes team play rather then trying to be a 1man show. because at the rate this game is going. its going to be selfish gameplay and 1 trick ponies. which is disappointing to say the least.

Problem is: Two factions will be "rush through" and last one that is only in Derelict will be "slowpoke". And that would polarize whole game, if you get my point.

Problem is: Two factions will be "rush through" and last one that is only in Derelict will be "slowpoke". And that would polarize whole game, if you get my point.

no i totally get what you mean. but im saying that it would most definitely have to be a WIP. but in all honesty all three factions need unique things and play styles that way each and every 1 of the factions feels organic to itself and can have fan bases around them. so some people might like grineer, some might like corpus, some might like infested, some might enjoy all three, ect. i just chose infested because i know they are getting a rework soon so if you wanted a revamp you would need to start somewhere right? In my overall opinion all of the three factions need a rework. just as an example corpus is seems to have more enemies at once so they should do high damage but have low health and shield and grineer should spawn less guys and make them all more tankier ya know higher armor, higher health, and higher shield less damage and bigger. make the models a make tenno look like children in comparison ect. i know these are vague but i wasnt expecting to talk about the other 2 factions at all so those are off the top of my head. also for the record idk how hard it is for you to fight each factions but at my point regardless of faction i sweep the screen and kill most if not everything. so the game has been getting boring as of late for me.