Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Camera Shake Is Horrible! Give Us An Option To Disable It!

industria

Playing with rifle, and i just CANT aim if there are some melee crashers around. My cam will be so @(*()$ horrible...

Its really stupid, cause team members should help, but in fact - they prevent me from aim and shoot.

Would be very nice if you make an option to disable this effects from team members.

thats the whole point of the camera shake, so throw off your aim. i know its not fun but the only thing i can tell you is shoot faster.

That makes sense when it's caused by mob, but when it's caused by team mates? That's just stupid.

Indeed.

Camera shake should exist but only if caused by enemy or environmental action.

Teammates being able to make the camera shake that badly is just plain dumb and should be removed entirely...

Edited by Kraizer

Camera shake needs to simply be reduced across the board. The shake is so bad its actuially comical. Especially when the screen shakes from something that has no basis in reality. For example, Lech kril uses a hammer and sometimes does a horizontal swing. If it doesn't hit a wall then it would not cause camera shake. However it always causes a camera shake to rival that of an earthquake. Its one thing for camera shake to throw off your aim, its another to put the whole game inside the San Andreas fault.

Camera shake needs to simply be reduced across the board. The shake is so bad its actuially comical. Especially when the screen shakes from something that has no basis in reality. For example, Lech kril uses a hammer and sometimes does a horizontal swing. If it doesn't hit a wall then it would not cause camera shake. However it always causes a camera shake to rival that of an earthquake. Its one thing for camera shake to throw off your aim, its another to put the whole game inside the San Andreas fault.

There are other things this game goes overboard with: bloom is one of them.

One of the things I noticed about camera shake that is really annoying, is the absurd range at which it occurs. I've had my camera shake due my gram weilding rhino friend ground slamming infested when I've been sniping from an overhead Gantry 50 meters away.

That's ridiculous. If I was standing right next to him when he slams the ground with his oversized radiator hammer, then fair enough, camera shake. But When I'm 50 meters away and not even standing on the same floor surface and still get the same ammount of camera shake as if I was standing right next to him, it's bad.

I'm having flashbacks, preU7 I encountered a Scindo-wielding Rhino. I'm fairly certain every mod slot he had was filled with the 'fire speed.'

So. Much. Swinging and screenshake.

PostU7, it's still a problem for anyone who wants to use a precision weapon. It seems the game itself is discouraging that, opting for big bullet-hoses.

The radius that camera shake happens at is really really ridiculous. The only time your camera should shake is if what causes the shaking is actually happening to you individually. If an infested blows up outside of the range to stumble me, my camera shouldn't shake, if my teammate slams the ground 40ft away, my camera shouldn't shake.

Mechanics that take control away from the player are terrible, they're some of the worst game-play destroying mechanics out there and I would really like to see them minimized as much as possible in Warframe.

Well, I've gotten pretty used to it. Amidst the most heavy camera shake, headshotting that grineer lancer is no problem to me, but I would understand if it would cause headaches or bad gameplay for the others. I wouldn't want DE to take it away completely, perhaps just stop the gram from having that huge shake effect.

I actually like the camera shake as it is. Feels pretty real and helps immersion. In my opinion there shouldn't be the option to disable it, it should be part of the gameplay.

Feels real? Feels real? What planet are you on that when I slam something to the ground you shake around as if you're having a seizure?

This needs to change. Lech Kril does it a lot, i have even witnessed a bug several times where after his death the spot where he fell becomes a constant screen shake generator, so much that you can't look at it. To loot the stuff you need to turn the camera around to avoid looking at his place of death.

Also, its already annoying to shoot a boss while a teammate is meleeing it and spinning around it, you don't need to add screen shake from their Gram/Fragor/Scindo on top of this...

I use a Gram with a 40% Fury mod and I feel bad when I mess up my teammates' shots from all the inane swinging I'm doing.

dude. lets face it. you dont feel bad at all. you feel like a boss swinging your gram.

I actually like the camera shake as it is. Feels pretty real and helps immersion. In my opinion there shouldn't be the option to disable it, it should be part of the gameplay.

Not sure what gravity and physics are like where you live but here on earth things just don't work like that.

Playing with rifle, and i just CANT aim if there are some melee crashers around. My cam will be so @(*()$ horrible...

Its really stupid, cause team members should help, but in fact - they prevent me from aim and shoot.

Would be very nice if you make an option to disable this effects from team members.

The issue is not camera shaking. Camera shaking theoretically should not move your reticule (as the name suggests it should move only the camera and not the character itself).

Its not that we dont want camera shake, its what we would need in the first place instead of "lemme take your mouse".

The issue is not camera shaking. Camera shaking theoretically should not move your reticule (as the name suggests it should move only the camera and not the character itself).

Its not that we dont want camera shake, its what we would need in the first place instead of "lemme take your mouse".

+1

I concur. I have NO issues with camera shake caused by enemies. It's a good mechanic that gives giant mobs more 'oomph'

When you have three mongoloids on your team doing jump attacks with fragors tho? *STAB*