Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Gj On Trinity Scott

ss4chris

Energy Vampire feels really valuable with the energy it gives off when an enemy dies.

The decreased cast time buff with Blessing Time is great too.

I just had to tweek my build a Trinity and Monitor my allies health more than usual. :D

Keep up the good work :D

Sincerely,

A dedicated warframe player ^_^

Missed the d in dedicated >.< (edit)

Edited by ss4chris

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that many more than one person is going to disagree with you.

Though in comparison to other multiplayer games and MMO's out there, at least it's good to know how active DE is.  That much is true.

Well of Life should heal in an AoE, based on Range. It can't be my only means of keeping the party alive mid-Blessing AND still be junk.

And Blessing now is gambling with the mission every thirty seconds. The DR should be based on Power Strength, not on how close to death I let someone get.

I too feel the DR being based on health returned makes it a dicey move. It is called Blessing not gamblers luck. I get the, "Hey lets not have warframes be invincible forever if they are being really smart with their modding...that is game breaking" That makes sense, but the DR change doesn't. A flat value of like 50% would be better.

Maybe a better mechanic change would be an instant heal with 50% DR at max rank(not including a power strength mod) and then a regen buff based on the amount of health that was healed. lasting longer the more health that blessing healed as a function of all warframes health.  so if you had a full party and 2 of them received healing of 200 and 600 respectively for a total of 800 then it could provide a regen buff for 80 seconds along with 50%DR ( I just did 10% but it could be some factor based on rank and duration mods. For instance, 10% at max rank affected by duration mods) 

Making it so that trinity is turning the tide in a truer sense. 

Then your party wouldn't be invincible, but definitely more durable. 

One additional note. DE Well of life is garbage. Make it a beacon or turn trinity into a beacon of regen. make it explode enemies into health orbs...(gasp a true damage dealing ability on trinity) or give it a range like the ancient healers and have it apply a regen buff not a per tick heal. Hell have it make a teammate a beacon that pulses like an ancient healer. it would improve team mechanics if you slapped a regen beacon on someone or yourself, as they would be more likely to stick together.

Make the pulses of both energy vamp and well of life affected by range, if they aren't already. I never noticed an increase, so maybe that is too small. 

I think you are heading in the right direction with trinity, but she still needs work.

I too feel the DR being based on health returned makes it a dicey move.

The DR applied to the whole team is based upon whoever was healed the most.

4 players. One at 20% hp, the others at 40, 60, and 90% hp. Everyone gets 80% DR because that was the amount that healed the most injured player.

Sadly you cant decently save your team when 80% of the frames will die in 0.5 seconds facing level 60+ ennemies.

And even if you were able to cast the "save us all button" in time, you'll then have to deal with the stupid cooldown, that will prevent you from saving your team again 3 seconds later, because this level 60 Napalm is still not dead.

There's no real solution ...

In my opinion, the whole hp/armor/damage balance is not good at all.

DE has to first tweak this system, to give players more possibilities to survive on their own.

In my opinion, this consists in retweaking the armor.

Armor on warframes need a HUGE buff, and rebalance the armor stat on frames.

Even with maxed HP, an Ember cant be sure to survive a single bullet of a level 80 ennemy.

I think damage reduction is calculated as DR = Armor / (300 + Armor)

That results in ridiculous amounts.

Change Steel Fiber to directly increase damage reduction, so that all frames can benefit from it, and gain in survivability.

Increase scaling of Vigor mod, up to 40% bonus multiplier to health and shield per level

Then, support frames have to remain support frames.

Trinity's changes have been motivated by players using link + blessing to solo bosses, survivals against very high level ennemies with aoe weapons with almost no risk.

What should have been change is this mecanic, not the whole trinity's ability to be a support frame.

As a Trin player, i dont want damage abilities.

I dont want invulnerability.

But i want to be able to save myself, and be the support my team needs to face level 80+ ennemies

that means i want to be able to make them not-die-in-half-a-second, and heal them when i want, and when it's needed.

Benediction exclude link and link deactivate blessing...easy nerf and you can chose what to do...

Benediction invulnerability with range

Benediction give only 40% of his duration in invulnerability and afted damage reduction

or if they want to stick with the actual nerf

Remove the crappy damage reduction at all and make benediction a spammable full heal+sheld ability without cooldown

• 2 weeks later...

I also like the change to energy vampire. I feel that I can finally use energy vampire while sticking close with my team. To me, supporting my teammates by providing them with more energy is more fun than providing them with invulnerability, because I have always liked offensive support (more energy) more than defensive support (invulnerability) in video games. I even added the mod, Stretch, to my new Trinity build in order to bolster energy vampire.

Did they do this to nerf link+blessing+self damage?

I think they did.

Doing this, they punished all support trinies players. Just find a way to change the way Blessing works ... if blessed players received 0 damage, and not damage is reduced to zero when blessed, than, voila, no more trinies soloing 120 min survival.