Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trin Changes - Thoughts

-CM-Trives

Okay so, Trin Nerf.  

Things I think that could be improved.

Make the damage reduction based on lowest shields, not health.  Putting it on health makes it *nearly* useless on the very high level content (level 70+ mobs) because players go from good to dead in a flash.  Even with Natty Talent (which makes the cast nearly instantaneous) I was having issues keeping people up, you need to be almost omniscient and guess when someone is about to take a hit.  

Make Link's duration fixed and unaffected by duration mods.  Something like 10-15 seconds would be very reasonable.  The reason for this is again at high levels, I need Blessings duration to be as short as possible (I am currently in the 3.8 second range).  This takes link to about 4.5 seconds.  So basically for the high level stuff, I'm running around hitting 3, 4, 3, 4, 3, 4 over and over again while staring at peoples hp bars and apologizing a lot.  I could *almost* just sit in a corner and let them do the killing.  This takes me from an AFK 4 presser to a button spammer.

Love my Trin, will keep playing!  But I don't want to just stare at hp bars the whole game either playing Whack-a-Mole.

Yeah, no shields = immortality for the whole team. And it's not like you can't take your own shields down, right?

The changes were made for immortality to be no longer possible. And let's keep it that way.

As for Link - your choice. Healer/support or semi-offensive. There are no frames when one build will maximize all of the abilities, one of them always be weaker/shorter/smaller.

Edited by Angius

Yeah, no shields = immortality for the whole team. And it's not like you can't take your own shields down, right?

The changes were made for immortality to be no longer possible. And let's keep it that way.

As for Link - your choice. Healer/support or semi-offensive. There are no frames when one build will maximize all of the abilities, one of them always be weaker/shorter/smaller.

You could set 100% shields down to 90% damage reduction, I honesty wasn't looking for immortality, I just think tying it to health is risky.  Or set it to the highest shields of the bunch, cause if everyones shields are down at the same time, then perhaps a little immortality is in order.  Regardless, because of duration reduction, you wouldn't be immortal long that's for sure.

Trin as semi-offensive is a tough sell, what with Loki and Rhino as a more survivable option.  But I suppose it's plausible, with the Melee changes.  More playing is needed for certain.

Thanks for your feedback.

Edited by -CM-Trives

Shields are the only thing keeping people alive on squishier frames with little-to-no armor and low base health. By the time Blessing will matter for those frames, they'll be getting one shotted even if they're specced with Vitality/Steel Fiber, both otherwise useless for those frames.

my problem with trinity atm is that if you miss that moment to heal your teammate in time

you will be stuck with a S#&$ty dmg reduction on your team with no ability to recast blessing in case another person will be starting to go down

to fix this there should be a regeneration added to blessing

this way no immortality for the team but the skill still gives some benefits for the duration even if you miss the window for the dmg reduction