Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Drops: What Do You Think Of Them?

ROSING

I mean, this may seem out of the blue, and I think it totally is, but I'm just curious.

What does everyone feel about the drop tables for the Void? Generally are people tolerant of the system or are they tired of it? Do they get what they want within a reasonable time frame or have they been farming for what feels like forever with no tangible results?

I remember a few months back I was fine with the whole farming system. I felt perfectly satisfied when I got (eventually) the Latron, then sicarus, dakra, frost, and mag. At the time I felt I hadn't gotten them right off the bat but I did get them before I got too frusturated, maybe below 15 runs for each part or so.

The Burston prime was a little bit harder. I remember the disillusionment with ODS over and over again (I almost went broke crafting new keys for that one piece, and eventually I got all the parts after they reformed the Burston Prime's drop tables.

The Fang Prime took so long that eventually I gave up and bought the last Blade I needed on the market. That just felt low, I thought I would be one of those people who would farm for his parts and never give in to the market, but the <1% drop rate broke me, I'm ashamed to say. I burned through my 13 t2 survival Keys and then some joining other runs in Recruiting, but no dice. After I bought the blade, it showed up on a T2 Run I joined for xp a month later. :T

Now I've been getting back into the hunt for the void after a good month or two break from the void farming scene, and Whereas I was getting oodles of Paris Prime BPs I'm now running into a seemingly endless supply of Burston Prime barrels, once the one thing I needed but couldn't get back when I was farming for it. So I don't know, maybe I've been away from it for too long and that I'll be getting it soon.

Or maybe the combination of dilution of new parts and the sub one percent drop rate applied for every new prime gear is getting ridiculous.

TL;DR: Title.

Edited by ROSING

Antiquated. It was a simplistic design that suited the launch of the void as a new thing, but the void has outgrown it.

IMHO, the concept of doing the same mission over and over for a rare reward isn't a good one unless that mission is guaranteed good gameplay, so I think it should be reserved for bosses that scale to level.

The typical response is to use a token system, but that's not good for Warframe because we have a bad PR situation with people calling us a GRIND GAME. If we let those people add up the cost of all the tokens to get everything in the void, no reasonable amount of playtime would look reasonable quantified in raw token form like that. People will flip their lids. We already see this in other areas like Orokin Cells. Hell, the Melee 2.0 update had people calling it a "massive grind wall" within the first hour or two (seriously go back and look at the comments in the hotfix notes if the mods haven't claned it).

IMHO, it needs three things:

1) Players need more control. Have prime parts awarded at the end of the parkour courses or an extra roll at the end of the mission if you completed the course. Give an extra prime part roll if you finish the mission really fast. Give an extra prime part roll if you complete your challenge thing. Throw a really hard to get capture-target-like mob in there that runs away, even in non-capture missions and you get an extra roll if you get that evil sucker like treasure goblins in D3.

2) Defense and survival should have -EVERYTHING- prime in their tables and -ONLY- prime in their tables. Even if dilution makes it take many runs to find something, these are the modes that people replay the most when I look over the star chart. If people feel like playing void, let them go play endless void and have a chance at anything.

3) Better trade interface. RNG is a good game mechanic (ducks flying rotten tomatos and bottles) because getting lucky is FUN and getting unlucky can be fixed with trading. Every RNG whine thread always dead ends the same way. The author of the thread declares he doesn't want to trade or has nothing to trade for plat in the first place. Every. Single. Time. Trade improvements will directly improve the way people perceive the void drop tables as a content gate.

My 3¢ anyway.

Edited by VKhaun

I think that only Prime BPs should be awarded at the end of the mission, while the weapon and warframe parts drop from enemies and containers throughout the level. Not only would this significantly cut down the dilution of having so many rewards at the end of the level, but it would promote actually playing the map over rushing it: killing enemies and exploring the area for secret rooms (which would have a guaranteed chance of rewarding a component). Not to mention that you can potentially get multiple weapon parts from a single mission rather than just one.

The only disadvantage would be that you could also get no parts if you're really unlucky, so there would have to be a happy medium for the drop-rates of weapon parts from enemies (considering what part you get would be random anyway, I think it would be safe if the drop rate was at least semi-common).

Clearly, the issue of void dilutions is very pressing. They have added more parts without changing the number of missions available.

Perhaps some of the new mission types, perhaps rescue and maybe interception, or even an assassination, would do much to relieve the pressure.

people rush through missions to farm the rewards. I think they should change how it works a bit. but remember, this means the economy of the game will change rapidly.  if suddenly you can get 2 rewards a match then parts drop further. on PC parts much be mostly worthless, but on ps4 the economy isn't horrible like that yet. you can sell a prime weapon set for 50 plat and buy yourself a 2 catalyst or something.

2) Defense and survival should have -EVERYTHING- prime in their tables and -ONLY- prime in their tables. Even if dilution makes it take many runs to find something, these are the modes that people replay the most when I look over the star chart. If people feel like playing void, let them go play endless void and have a chance at anything.

3) Better trade interface. RNG is a good game mechanic (ducks flying rotten tomatos and bottles) because getting lucky is FUN and getting unlucky can be fixed with trading. Every RNG whine thread always dead ends the same way. The author of the thread declares he doesn't want to trade or has nothing to trade for plat in the first place. Every. Single. Time. Trade improvements will directly improve the way people perceive the void drop tables as a content gate.

8SaTf.gif

Antiquated. It was a simplistic design that suited the launch of the void as a new thing, but the void has outgrown it.

IMHO, the concept of doing the same mission over and over for a rare reward isn't a good one unless that mission is guaranteed good gameplay, so I think it should be reserved for bosses that scale to level.

The typical response is to use a token system, but that's not good for Warframe because we have a bad PR situation with people calling us a GRIND GAME. If we let those people add up the cost of all the tokens to get everything in the void, no reasonable amount of playtime would look reasonable quantified in raw token form like that. People will flip their lids. We already see this in other areas like Orokin Cells. Hell, the Melee 2.0 update had people calling it a "massive grind wall" within the first hour or two (seriously go back and look at the comments in the hotfix notes if the mods haven't claned it).

IMHO, it needs three things:

1) Players need more control. Have prime parts awarded at the end of the parkour courses or an extra roll at the end of the mission if you completed the course. Give an extra prime part roll if you finish the mission really fast. Give an extra prime part roll if you complete your challenge thing. Throw a really hard to get capture-target-like mob in there that runs away, even in non-capture missions and you get an extra roll if you get that evil sucker like treasure goblins in D3.

My 3¢ anyway.

this is where we need to head.

1.) Defence rewards need to stack.

2.) Defence and Survival rewards should only be Prime items, no fusion cores or resources.

3.) New missions whether it's T4 or 5 keys or mission types.

4.) Void keys should drop only on their respective tier Defence or Survival maps. Ceres and Pluto would only hand out T3 keys while Mercury would only hand out T1 keys. I am sick and tired or doing a 40 minute Survival on Ceres or Pluto and getting another stupid T2 Exterminate or Survival to go along with the 20+ I already have.

I don't know, how maaaany times I ran T3S in order to get Rhino's chassis or another glaive blade. And it's a survival, so every single time, I got several rewards! None of which I was farming. And farming I did! And the more prime weapons / warframes are released the more the drop table gets watered down. It's bad atm and it's getting worse. DE should reeeeally reconsider imho!

Why not divide void missions into artifical areas. Like void A, B, C, ... This way you could divide the drop table for any mission along these areas and you could avoid drop rates of 5% for any piece (or -2% as it feels to me right now :/ )

I'm sure someone has mentioned it before and I just never saw it, but why not some new, VOID SPECIFIC bosses. You could spread prime warframe parts there, maybe weapon parts too. t1,2, and 3 assassinate. I know other methods are being discussed to drastically change the drop methods, but this would add some challenge to the repetitive stuff we've been doing thus far, and spread out the tables a little bit more.