The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe "beta" Argument: Results!

Kylecrafts

Original post: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/233959-warframe-beta-argument-i-want-your-opinion/

Seems the responses have died down, so I'll post my results: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4m5i55so9dizq48/wfbar.png

34 responses.

15 (42%) Warframe IS in Beta, it's still a valid argument

17 (47%) It's just a played out excuse.

4 (11%) Not sure/none of the above

Well that was interesting. Thanks for your responses! Was hoping for more responses, if I'm completely honest, but at least I didn't get 0, eh?

Kylecrafts

Sarcasm: I'm glad all 34 people who responded get to decide what development cycle the game is in so we can finally solve the question of whether or not we can make the statement "this game is in beta" or not, rather than addressing actual issues or gameplay elements specifically. 

The only time I have seen the term beta used as an excuse is by the players. Just an observation.

Because that IS the only time it used as an excuse. I dont think that DE has ever once blamed something on the fact that the game is beta.

With that said, the game is still in beta because DE is still making big changes to basic mechanics, like the 2.0 overhauls for example. Once all those are done and DE is happy with the way the mechanics work then it will be out of beta imo.

Because that IS the only time it used as an excuse. I dont think that DE has ever once blamed something on the fact that the game is beta.

With that said, the game is still in beta because DE is still making big changes to basic mechanics, like the 2.0 overhauls for example. Once all those are done and DE is happy with the way the mechanics work then it will be out of beta imo.

Implying changes and major overhauls dont exist on released games.

However, DE HAS used "beta" as an excuse, lately being the whole grandfathering helmets shtick. They stated it was a "prize for being in the beta".

And OP...did you seriously display the results...after only an hour and a half of polling? AT LEAST wait a friggen day -_-

Edited by AscendantWyvern

-snip-

And OP...did you seriously display the results...after only an hour and a half of polling? AT LEAST wait a friggen day -_-

Good point. I expected as the poll wasnt getting any more responses, that people weren't seeing it anymore. This turned out to be wrong, as I've had more responses since this thread. Reckon I should make another thread at 24hrs after release, and apologise for this mishap?

Edited by Kylecrafts

Wow... I am so glad that the small sampling of players who were asked (and responded) dictate DE's policy.

That makes SO much more sense than the devs doing it.

It's not like Digital Extremes OWNS the IP or anything...