The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Note: To All Dungeon Fighter Online Fans

Darkmoone1

(Hope this is okay considering it's off-topic)

Dungeon Fighter Online is officially making a comeback! That's right, under Neople's guidence(And NOT Nexon of America, the ones who ran the original DFO to the ground), DFO is starting to come back as an alpha test and slowly come back as a free fully fledged game.

You can see for yourself here:

http://dnf.neople.com/

Edited by Darkmoone1

Button smashing, Yeah..

Nah not button smashing. First few levels are pretty basic as always but there was some skill involved once you got to the harder stuff.

Pvp was a huuuge deal as well, though I wasn't into that scene myself.

Frankly it was a great game. Only reason why it went down in the first place was because Nexon ruined it. They stopped updating for over a year, didn't fix any problems that had popped up, and let hackers reign supreme. I'm pretty happy to see this game is coming back.

For people who don't know what it is; it's basically an MMO dungeon crawler brawler. Think Streets of Rage/Final Fight, only anime and alot flashier and complex attacks/combos.

Edit: Also..mmn, dat music. Some of the best music I've ever listened to.

This one's from the -first- "map" you play in the game.

Edited by SoulEchelon

it's basically an MMO dungeon crawler brawler. Think Streets of Rage/Final Fight, only anime and alot flashier and complex attacks/combos.

From my experience, that sounds like it will include button mashing lol. I guess it's just not my type of game really but if you like it, that's fine.

From my experience, that sounds like it will include button mashing lol. I guess it's just not my type of game really but if you like it, that's fine.

It's not really button mashing. It involves using ALOT of different types of attacks and abilities to overcome dungeons and beat others in pvp. The best example for a class is the Monk who relies on positioning with his Duck and Swerve and using those abilities to link four different type of attacks to lead up to combos.

Your probably not even gonna understand half the stuff in here, but hopefully you can gather that there is a minimum amount of button mashing involved.

Doesn't look like the video is showing.....here another link just in case:

Edited by Darkmoone1

This is something I don't want people to judge by its cover. :(

Allow me to bring in a bit of history because there's a lot to say. Skip the next paragraph if you want, but I think it deserves some recognition.

Previously, DFO was owned by Nexon, the company that destroys everything it gets its hand on. I S#&$ you not it takes them over half a year to answer your tickets and NOT provide any proper solutions to them either. Anyway, being the bad company they are, they were unable to keep DFO on par with KDnF, the Korean version of DFO, owned by Neople. Now, Neople is pretty f*cking awesome. KDnF is huge over there in the Asia regions. People play this for big bucks and it's very enjoyable to watch their tournaments. It's a massive hype over there but yet, in NA, Nexon failed to maintain DFO for as long as it lived. Upon its launch, there were tons of people due to the massive amounts of (poorly made, low-quality) advertising by Nexon, but that was it. After that, they never promoted the game again. The game was full of Chinese hackers (I'm honestly not trying to be racist but this is a fact. The Chinese somehow love to break DFO.), the economy was beyond broken with their cash items and gold buyers/sellers (again, most were Chinese), and almost every single maintenance went beyond 24h. It's a wonderful game to play that made me able to make me put up with Nexon. It could have been much more, but Nexon treated it like crap. The game was basically a ghost town when they announced it was going to be closed, but on the last day of DFO, there were tons and tons of people gathering for farewells. There were so many that they didn't want to immediately close the server upon scheduled time. They disabled login and waited until the majority of the players had logged off. The playerbase never wanted it dead in the first place. It was just poorly managed.

Now with the ownership of Neople (they are awesome, seriously), they've decided to relaunch this you see here: DFO Global (not sure how that works). Right now it's in "alpha" although everything is still as it was before it closed so I wouldn't really call it an alpha game. They're most likely just testing the server and seeing how many of us are still interested. Surprise, surprise, we're all still here for it. I even met up and rejoined my old guild that I stopped interacting with after it died.

I strongly suggest every single one of you to give it a chance. I'm trying my best to keep it alive this time. I've always hated playing MMOs and I ended up never making it to endgame on any of them. This was the first and WF was the second.

I can't deny the fact that it's extremely boring (for me at least, because I've already played so much) upon the first few levels. The "button masher" thing is also true, BUT, only for certain characters/classes you decide to play as. Right now, there are 9 characters and 32 classes in total. There's waaay more in KDnF though because they're ahead with their patches. Anyway, each and every one of them play differently by a large margin. There's always something for everyone even if you don't like being up close and personal.

If you do happen to try it, please don't judge it so harshly until level 15-25, depending on your class. Obviously, I'm an oldie. I've played way before, since the beta by NA Nexon in 2009. In fact, I'd love to help out anyone trying out the game. I'm not super MLG but I know enough to give you the basics and suggestions. Hit me up if anyone is still interested. <3

Edit: Oh! Another thing: don't add me as Lavanite. I haven't been playing that character and probably won't be for a while. You can find me more active as Riichin.

SORRY FOR THE WALL OF TEXT. Couldn't help it. iLovethisgame.

Edited by Lavanite