Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Utility Buff To Trinity's Blessing While Keeping The Current Design

Casardis

Personally, I think the proc removal and proc resist are powerful combination for Blessing. Shouldn't WoL be more attractive power to buff?

WoL: Enemy affected by WoL now release healing wave that remove proc. other mechanics remain the same.

Blessing: Adding proc resistance equal to damage resistance (If the player still live after affected by the power, he should have enough health to live. Unless Loki). Also add faster health and shield regen overtime (but not too fast) to combat any proc that still has effect on the player.

If Blessing is going to be buff, this is where I think it should be change. 

Personally, I think the proc removal and proc resist are powerful combination for Blessing. Shouldn't WoL be more attractive power to buff?

WoL: Enemy affected by WoL now release healing wave that remove proc. other mechanics remain the same.

Blessing: Adding proc resistance equal to damage resistance (If the player still live after affected by the power, he should have enough health to live. Unless Loki). Also add faster health and shield regen overtime (but not too fast) to combat any proc that still has effect on the player.

I don't know if there should even be such a thing as Well of Life, it should have more utility. In it's current state that's an instant swap out, at least for me. Merging Energy Vampire and Well of Life, whilst making it less spammable would be a way to go. On second thought, you have an ulti heal, so getting an utility skill would be better.

I'd have to agree with Myocarde on that. While I want WoL to be useful, its very nature is redundant to Trinity, who has Blessing. Energy Vampire also do some reliable CC anyway, so you don't need the additional one by WoL. Oberon's Renewal is also similar to this while being more useful, since it doesn't require allies to target the enemy to restore health (even if it's slower regen).

That's why I didn't bother with a WoL buff much to be honest. It could easily be merged with EV, make the pulses of EV weaker (so that it doesn't restore 100 energy in mere seconds), and so on. A new skill replacing WoL could be an utility one with some kind of a buff, not like Rhino's Roar, but not completely unlike it either.

A support isn't just about healing and restoring; it's also about buffing, debuffing, refreshing (status clearing), and so on. Way too often, powers or "themes" are single-minded (Ember having 3 powers with DoT, and the fourth one being a way to buff those DoT... Not the most original concepts for fire Warframe to be honest).

"Utility buff to Trinity's Blessing"

Meanwhile, Oberon's Renewal...

Devs said in the last stream that Oberon's getting fixed. So relax. Meanwhile they can leave Trinity as is, because "hey, she got her share 'o lovin'!". Btw, this forum is full of amazing people. Some of them might even tell you that Oberon's perfectly fine and balanced. 'Cause they've heard it somewhere.

Devs said in the last stream that Oberon's getting fixed. So relax. Meanwhile they can leave Trinity as is, because "hey, she got her share 'o lovin'!". Btw, this forum is full of amazing people. Some of them might even tell you that Oberon's perfectly fine and balanced. 'Cause they've heard it somewhere.

He's definitely balanced, but I wouldn't say fine. He's neither a bad frame (like Saryn) nor a great one (Nova or Loki).

"Utility buff to Trinity's Blessing"

Meanwhile, Oberon's Renewal...

If you want an utility buff to Oberon, it's as simple as discussing it in the right topic, whether an existing one or one you can make.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'd like to bump this in light of the recent Blessing nerf.

While I don't mind the nerf too much (though I'd love that it gives full shields), I think there's more reason for Blessing to get some of the utility listed here, which actually went to Oberon recently. I know it can be redundant having two support-ish Warframe removing Procs, but if the nerf's going to stay, I think it can justify this little buff.

Thoughts?

I'd like to bump this in light of the recent Blessing nerf.

While I don't mind the nerf too much (though I'd love that it gives full shields), I think there's more reason for Blessing to get some of the utility listed here, which actually went to Oberon recently. I know it can be redundant having two support-ish Warframe removing Procs, but if the nerf's going to stay, I think it can justify this little buff.

Thoughts?

Blessing restores shields and also grants DR. Renewal doesn't.

Proc removal/immunity should be Oberon-only.

Proc removal/immunity should be Oberon-only.

Then how about Proc resistance like I suggested? Oberon doesn't have that, and Trinity already has resistance mechanics. I don't see why she can't extend that too.

I'd also like to respecify that the proc resistance I'm talking about (referring to the OP) is only applicable on ALLIES and not Trinity herself, since she already has Link. Oberon can "cure" procs on himself and allies, so that will still be unique to him, while the TEAM buff (excluding Trinity herself) will be unique to her, and extends to even knockback resistances.

Edited by Casardis

Then how about Proc resistance like I suggested? Oberon doesn't have that, and Trinity already has resistance mechanics. I don't see why she can't have that too.

I'd also like to respecify that the proc resistance I'm talking about (referring to the OP) is only applicable on ALLIES and not Trinity herself, since she already has Link. Oberon can "cure" procs on himself and allies, so that will still be unique to him.

I think that'd be better, really. I personally feel it's best that both support frames (Trinity and Oberon) retain unique mechanics that the other doesn't have, so you don't end up with "Well X can do everything Y can but better, why bother bringing Y?"

I think that'd be better, really. I personally feel it's best that both support frames (Trinity and Oberon) retain unique mechanics that the other doesn't have, so you don't end up with "Well X can do everything Y can but better, why bother bringing Y?"

I can agree! I might make a few edits in the OP with what we just discussed.

Edited by Casardis

I think one of the problems with current blessing is that damage tends to come in bursts and the game is relatively chaotic. It's very hard for a Trinity to maximize the potential of Blessing more than anything, even with skill. I'd say it needs a mechanic like Snowglobes to artificially extend the reaction time needed, although I'm not sure how that would work.  

Edited by LukeAura

So both frames should have some ways of removing procs. Right now Oberon is superior in that regard and Trin got a kick in the ovaries once again.

Since her ulti got another amazing "buff", i think, that one solution to this would be:

1. Merge Vampire and WoF into one skill, make it her 1.

2. Move Link one "skill tier" down, make her survival skill cheaper.

3. Move her Blessing to 3, make it a semi-expensive team heal, Oberon-style.

4. Give Trinity a new ulti that looks like an ulti, feels like an ulti and works like an ulti. Maybe an insta-rez with a short immune period on the rezzed target (so a person can remove himself from harm's way) and a long cooldown. (So it won't be abused). Something in key with MMORPG healers.

So both frames should have some ways of removing procs. Right now Oberon is superior in that regard and Trin got a kick in the ovaries once again.

Since her ulti got another amazing "buff", i think, that one solution to this would be:

1. Merge Vampire and WoF into one skill, make it her 1.

2. Move Link one "skill tier" down, make her survival skill cheaper.

3. Move her Blessing to 3, make it a semi-expensive team heal, Oberon-style.

4. Give Trinity a new ulti that looks like an ulti, feels like an ulti and works like an ulti. Maybe an insta-rez with a short immune period on the rezzed target (so a person can remove himself from harm's way) and a long cooldown. (So it won't be abused). Something in key with MMORPG healers.

Im all for combining 1 and 2 but

Blessing is an ult that feels like an ult and instant revive with invi = OP