The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Warframe A Really Pvp Game?

Mastikator2

I'm a PvP fan.. but don't see it as a fit for Warframe at this point.

I hesitate to even consider the Conclave dueling structure PvP as it lacks anything resembling balance.

I don't mess around in the conclaves at all, but my kid and some friends do.

Here are the things I've personally observed while watching my kid run around in them and comments and trends on these boards.

If a report was filed on every person observed using foul or graphic language in the Conclaves, DE would probably have to increase their staff.

The first call for a nerf to Link, Blessing, and SG that I read about on these forums were in relation to Conclave balance.

There appear to be 2 types of folks in the conclaves... Some want the clean"no frills" skill only combat, The others trot out Ogris, Penta, Trinity, Reflect mods, etc.

My stance on it all is it's just for fun and not to be taken seriously at all.

I think DE could expand greatly on the premise, but it would get a mixed reception and be costly time-wise for them to do so for a minority of players who would take part in it.

If they ever decide to do that though, they need to do it to where it's e-sport worthy. Something like that I would support wholeheartedly.

Until then I'm waiting on Wildstar and debating on Nosgoth.

Oh. It's this thread again. Here's my TL;DR: To balance pvp in Warframe would take an extraordinary effort to do due to variations of weapons and abilities.. not getting into mods either.

Once all the "best" tricks are found out and everyone uses them, people will move on and the game gets left with an unused system. Or they knock it out of the park and it works. Either way, I think the discussions regarding nerfs and the like would make the last couple balance passes seem like a blip on the radar compared to what I would expect to see if full-on pvp hit the game.

Besides, what is it with every multiplayer game that comes out lately, absolutely NEEDS pvp to be "fun"? You did everything there is to do and you are bored? Pick up something else. Spent 500+ hours in an unfinished game and wonder why you are bored? I can't help you there. Seriously, I would rather see the game get finished and moving toward a launch-state than trying to shoehorn a system which is inherently imbalanced from the jump and would require a herculean effort to try to make even for a smooth playing experience where it would actually be player skill, and not whoever presses 4 first wins.

So yeah, adding pvp to every game that comes out seems ridiculous, as it just never seems to end well. 

OP makes a good point

Though its only a PvP game if you want it to be that for you

Everyone wins

Oh. It's this thread again. Here's my TL;DR: To balance pvp in Warframe would take an extraordinary effort to do due to variations of weapons and abilities.. not getting into mods either.

Once all the "best" tricks are found out and everyone uses them, people will move on and the game gets left with an unused system. Or they knock it out of the park and it works. Either way, I think the discussions regarding nerfs and the like would make the last couple balance passes seem like a blip on the radar compared to what I would expect to see if full-on pvp hit the game.

Besides, what is it with every multiplayer game that comes out lately, absolutely NEEDS pvp to be "fun"? You did everything there is to do and you are bored? Pick up something else. Spent 500+ hours in an unfinished game and wonder why you are bored? I can't help you there. Seriously, I would rather see the game get finished and moving toward a launch-state than trying to shoehorn a system which is inherently imbalanced from the jump and would require a herculean effort to try to make even for a smooth playing experience where it would actually be player skill, and not whoever presses 4 first wins.

So yeah, adding pvp to every game that comes out seems ridiculous, as it just never seems to end well. 

For the first part

Thats true of literally everything ever

Human nature

For the second chunk de texto

It doesnt need PvP, but PvP would greatly improve the game without doubt and any reason against is almost entirely biased and ungrounded

PvP can be easily balanced

Its just a matter of doing it

Edited by Azawarau

It isn't PVP oriented. Infact I could easily cheap out the best builds in the game in some pretty funny ways that make people rage on their computers lol...

Other then that I just have fun collecting random stuff, building stuff... Hey have you built a regiment yet? I bet you haven't. Cause I still am building them... STILL BUILDING THEM!!!

So much to do on the PVE side, and why bother doing PVP. Not like anyone will see how cool I look as I kill them.

It isn't PVP oriented. Infact I could easily cheap out the best builds in the game in some pretty funny ways that make people rage on their computers lol...

Other then that I just have fun collecting random stuff, building stuff... Hey have you built a regiment yet? I bet you haven't. Cause I still am building them... STILL BUILDING THEM!!!

So much to do on the PVE side, and why bother doing PVP. Not like anyone will see how cool I look as I kill them.

So much to do on the PvE side

Grind Grind Grind

"cheap out the best builds in the game" to grind faster

It is true in a sense but not directly. The thing is that you can milk PvE competitive just as fine as PvP. as long as players are tuned into it. Most new generation players aren't just used to think that there was a time where innovation and individuality held a great value over what people just generally think is a easy shortcut to success.

PvE. might not be competitive to everyone, certainly it is not to me because that is not why I play games but it can be to some. That is why we have hallway heroes, leaderboards and stats in the game.

I am not saying that true multiplayer PvP. shouldn't be developed further in the future but there isn't a particular need for it as long as they are able to keep the PvE. development interesting which certainly can be made a lengthy process as you can introduce all kinds of mechanics, tilesets, modes and features nearly endlessly.

Another question is, will it satisfy the popular market? Probably not but it certainly will entertain some of us. At least most old schoolers like myself should have no problems accepting the current direction the game has been heading from the beginning.