Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just Wanted To Get Some Pointers For T3 Survival

Quasar-Sandwich

Question

Hey ya'll, I want to burn all of my T3 Survival keys with my friends however I don't know the best weapon set-up and warframe set up to do so. We are all master rank 8+ so don't worry about constraints on weapon use, and we all have the good mods and stuff. We were planning on doing 30-60 minute runs over the course of the week btw.

Here is what I know:

- Need a Nekros.

- Should use Dual Ichors or Dual Zorens.

- Mod for Corrosive and Cold.

Here i what I want to know:

- What's the best Primary and Secondary or at least the top picks?

- What other warframes should be used?

- What powers should be modded for on said warframes?

- Is there a specific strategy (a.k.a. spread out, flock together, ect.)?

- Anything I should know that I'm not asking about?

Thank You Very Much for your time and I hope I can learn some useful information from the community.

Don't worry about walls of text, I'll read them if their helpful in anyway.

Edited by Quasar-Sandwich

9 answers to this question

Ogris and penta are good. Paris prime takes out the heavy units easely. Any for secondary.

Rhino, Nyx, Nova or Trinity.

Range with Nyx for crowd control. Range and strength on Nova. Spammability of abilities for Trinity.

Just stick together yes. Also good if someone specific has the role to activate life support. Or type 'activating' of some sort to let people know you're activating it.

Nah just have fun :)

Edited by kubbi

Not only this, but spawns aren't nearly as favorable if you're spread out.

I personally run a Radiation/Toxic build on my Karak. It really helps when you proc on a heavy gunner.

I guess you use radiation to get the heavy on your side for help, Nice idea. Maybe I'll copy it :) 

Hey ya'll, I want to burn all of my T3 Survival keys with my friends however I don't know the best weapon set-up and warframe set up to do so. We are all master rank 8+ so don't worry about constraints on weapon use, and we all have the good mods and stuff. We were planning on doing 30-60 minute runs over the course of the week btw.

Here is what I know:

- Need a Nekros.

- Should use Dual Ichors or Dual Zorens.

- Mod for Corrosive and Cold.

Here i what I want to know:

Thank You Very Much for your time and I hope I can learn some useful information from the community.

Don't worry about walls of text, I'll read them if their helpful in anyway.

Believe me, for your first time in T3 you can go without Nekros, and choose a more offensive frame.

As for melee weapons, trust your guts: dual ichors, modded for corrosive damage is very good in T3 surv, but personally, I run with an Orthos P with radiation. Feels like a breeze.

As for weapons: Soma is good too.

Because you'll run and gun a lot, a rifle is a solid choice, when full modded. After a while, penta and ogris are not enough anymore, and it's safer to focus fire on the heavy one at a time.

Good frames are those that can survive and still dish out damage: Rhino is very good, Nova too, if you're comfortable with a squishy wizard to depopulate spawn quickly. Trinity and Nyx are very good frames for support.

Another choice is to go for full attack power: hydroid, rhino, ash and loki is a very solid team, with 2 dps frames, ash in melee and stealth (with a full modded ash, you can stay in melee pretty much forever even in T3) and loki to support.

Always stick together, or in 2 team at most: if u're killed far from the team, it's a pita to run and res. And teamwork is the key to survive in T3 and to kill fast and efficent.

As for some tips, try and build a well rounded arsenal: for instance, if your rifle does corrosive damage, set your secondary or melee to radiation. This way, you'll always have the right tool for the job.

Personally, a corrosive soma built for critical damage, a puncture corrosive secondary (I use Despair) and a radioactive melee weapons, are my set of choice for T3 survival.

Wish you luck 

For 30+ min survival, you want to use things that deal damage which scales with enemy level and also things that work at its full potential regardless of enemy level.

For damage:
Shield Polarize deals damage that scales with enemy shield which is nice against mobs buffed by shield drones.
Viral status proc deals damage that scales with enemy health regardless of armor.

Absorb, Antimatter Drop deals damage based on how much Nyx/the antimatter ball thingy are attacked.
You can feedback the damage from the two abilities into each other for an endless loop of damage that continues to increase higher and higher.

Roar, Sonar, Molecular Prime buffs the amount of damage dealt by your team.
Terrify, Corrosive Projection, Corrosive status proc reduces Grineer armor, really useful for dealing with the bullet sponginess of heavy gunners.

For speed:
Snowglobe, Molecular Prime, Warcry, Cold status proc slows down enemies, much more useful in defense but still very useful against big mobs in survival.
Speed, Warcry speeds up your melee attacks which can be useful for building up chain damage multiplier. Combine it with the above enemy slow debuff and you have a really effective way to suppress mobs especially when fighting in a room with an ice strip.

For changing combat:
Radial Blind removes all enemy attacks except lancer/crewmen grenade and fusion MOA laser.
Radial Disarm removes all enemy ranged attacks.
Chaos/Radiation status proc lets your enemy do the work for you. Radiation status proc doesn't work very well against fusion MOAs that are already targeting you though.
Mind Control allows ancient healer to heal/revive you or have a heavy gunner bullet sponge bodyguard.
I'm pretty sure you cannot lose if you have excal, loki, and nyx spamming the above abilities together in a mission.

Last but not least, DESECRATE gives you health orbs and more oxygen drops.

If you plan on dealing status procs, I highly recommend Tysis. It can be modded to apply radiation and cold/viral in addition to its innate corrosive status proc with almost every shot landing at least one status proc. Reload takes less than a second too.

Edited by Yopee